Barbie's new play house

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Barbie's new play house

Post  bowGal on Mon May 05, 2014 1:52 pm

lol!  Well since  the dear hubbie is tagged out he is  building me  a  new  blind.
 just getting started on it ,  I think he said it is  8x8 inside , all four corners will be angled so  I have  shot's out of all corner's as well,  Oh and the most important thing  is he is putting me  a hole in the floor, that  I can open and close for when  I have to go potty lol!   I keep asking him how are you going to get this new blind  where  I want it, which will mostly be up on the  logging field, he say the  skid steer , I honestly have my doubt's  about that , it ought to be an interested ride up there,

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Barbie's new play house

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Mon May 05, 2014 7:51 pm

Barb, tell him not to use plywood for the walls !! Use steel siding , makes it a lot lighter. When we did ours I built it in the garage, then took it apart and when your 8 feet high , those steel sided walls lift so much easier !!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura on Tue May 06, 2014 6:51 am

Post pics!! I've always wanted to build something like that, but I'm afraid of crawling in one in the am and finding several critters in there! lol
I like the "indoor plumbing" idea!
Laura
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  G3 on Tue May 06, 2014 6:02 pm

That should be rel nice Barb, I dont know about using steel siding (polebarn metal) That stuff is about as annoying as it gets to sit in when it is raining...sounds like your in a steel drum and people are throwing marbles at you.
G3
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue May 06, 2014 10:07 pm

We never had a problem with rain and noise. Plus you don't have to worry about critters eating metal !!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  impactarcher on Wed May 07, 2014 8:10 am

Let see some updated pics when he's done!!

impactarcher
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Tue May 13, 2014 1:26 am

That looks like it will be the Taj-Mahal! Very cool....I saw a product where a catch-cup attached to a hose runs into the ground for the pee to run into!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Tue May 13, 2014 7:21 am

Looks similar to what I put up...use to put up in some of my woods.
Definitely nail some old blow down logs or limbs onto your main frame and brush that baby in with some small tree limbs and they will never ever see you!
If I can suggest some of that cheap fiberglass roof sheets to put on the roof then mud and moss it up real good...you'll be amazed how much that bare roof shines without it!  The moss will quiet up the hardest of rain.
It's my most favorite way hunt other than sitting in a bunch of branches!!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Tue May 13, 2014 6:41 pm

shedder wrote:Looks similar to what I put up...use to put up in some of my woods.
Definitely nail some old blow down logs or limbs onto your main frame and brush that baby in with some small tree limbs and they will never ever see you!
If I can suggest some of that cheap fiberglass roof sheets to put on the roof then mud and moss it up real good...you'll be amazed how much that bare roof shines without it!  The moss will quiet up the hardest of rain.
 Matt were in the heck does one  find  cheap  fiberglass roof sheets  ???????????? We have some  metal roofing left from the shed , which Larry was going to use, but  I told him  I want it  insulated if he use's that,  he has already bought  some  camo  fabric that he  thought about using,on top of the  roof
 Any of you guy's know where   I can  purchase  bulk" shoot through mess fabric" for  all the  window's????????? I have not had time to  search the internet, but have looked   for it  in a couple of area store's with no luck,

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue May 13, 2014 9:50 pm

I didn't use any mesh on ours. Just plain old windows, but they were turned on their side. I found it was easier to slide a window open compared to lifting it up like it should have been. Cheap fiberglass , yea right  Very Happy , hard to find anything cheap anymore. Just go with the metal , if you have a tree to stick it under ( like a nice hemlock ) it helps keep down on any noise it will help.  You could always do like a friend of mine did, run some sandpaper over the metal for your roof and then spray some rubberized undercoating on it.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Wed May 14, 2014 11:20 am

Barb I just went and bought 2 bundles of 30 year shingles and put on mine and regular windows. After 4 months the deer won't pay any attention to it, even if it sticks out like a sore thumb. I would recommend sealing it up as tight as you can though. If not mice and bugs will move in. I usually hose mine down pretty good with ortho home defense bug spray after the season. It helps a ton.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Wed May 14, 2014 3:27 pm

bowGal wrote:
shedder wrote:Looks similar to what I put up...use to put up in some of my woods.
 Matt were in the heck does one  find  cheap  fiberglass roof sheets  ???????????? We have some  metal roofing left from the shed , which Larry was going to use, but  I told him  I want it  insulated if he use's that,  he has already bought  some  camo  fabric that he  thought about using,on top of the  roof
 Any of you guy's know where   I can  purchase  bulk" shoot through mess fabric" for  all the  window's????????? I have not had time to  search the internet, but have looked   for it  in a couple of area store's with no luck,
http://www.lowes.com/pd_12731-1115-1201A_4294806361__?productId=3010589&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&facetInfo=

will $13 do?
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Wed May 14, 2014 4:43 pm

Thank's Matt,  I was in lowe's this morning before work, but went in  just for  weed killer Wink  I will have  Larry run in on his way to work tomorrow, come to think about it we might have  left over shingles  some where out in the old barn,
 As far a being worried about the  outside, Heck the deer sleep next to the house and shed every night,  I could paint it pink and that would not matter to them,
  Boss we plan on  sealing it up  really good,, trust me  I have spend the entire turkey season   with mice, spider's  and  wasp in my  ground blind's, even had  a possum  and squirrel's try to crawl in with me,  They   have kept my hunt's very entertaining Wink 
we are not going to  invest money for window's,  just going to make wood panel's  ( split them in half  with henges  similar to  how cloth blind window's are., that is  why  I want the shoot through mess  on all the window's, I personally have never taken the mess off any window opening's on my  ground blinds while hunting out of them,

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Willy on Wed May 14, 2014 5:02 pm

Boss Gobbler wrote:Barb I just went and bought 2 bundles of 30 year shingles and put on mine and regular windows. After 4 months the deer won't pay any attention to it, even if it sticks out like a sore thumb. I would recommend sealing it up as tight as you can though.  If not mice and bugs will move in. I usually hose mine down pretty good with ortho home defense bug spray after the season.  It helps a ton.

And make sure you close all the windows ! If you do use screen, I recommend getting some thin plywood or something you can screw in during the off season to close the window openings.  Spiders, wasp, etc, will happen and can be dealt with fairly easy. A big Momma hoot owl on the other hand,  let one decide to make the blind her personal hollow tree. You have never, ever smelled anything as nasty as a deer blind that has been used by an owl family over the summer. Ever see an owl feed its babys ?  Its like something out of the movie Alien, no kidding. Owl crap when dried is like Anthrax. Anthrax mixed with concrete. And the liquid they pass will soak into the plywood, get absorbed in the cloth on your chair, anything inside the blind will have to be burned. You will clean it and replace the chair and the carpet in the floor and then you will get inside one mid October afternoon when the sun warms things up above 70 and you will be sitting their with your head outside the window trying not to throw up because the suns heat and warmth have re activated the Anthrax infused urine that is soaked into the wood. You and Larry will be having one hell of a bon fire.
But hey, if you would rather use screen than a real window,..... Be Polite  Be Polite 

PS, I keep a couple old kids socks that I put the powdered Seven dust in and then tie them off, keep a couple in each of the stands and it keeps most of the crawly bugs at bay.
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Wed May 14, 2014 8:27 pm

you Willy,  I honestly do not  think we will ever have to  worry about hoot owls  invading my new  Taj Mahall blind, I swear it is  wild hearing   what some of you have to deal with or even think about, I  guess we truley all do  live in differnent world's when it comes to  wildlife behavior, To be honest  I would be more worried about what our woodpecker's would do to a wooden ground  blind here verse's any other creature we share the timber with, Oh and for that  Be Polite  Be Polite  you included in your reply, I think you might just be wrong lol

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Wed May 14, 2014 9:47 pm

Barb, if at all possible, use a real window !! You don't want your bobcat inside some nice morning greeting you with a paw to the head Very Happy . You would not imagine the things that can and will get in , no matter how tight its sealed !! Oh and when its done and in place , and you have one of those cute little critters with quills eating at the wood , do not , and I repeat DO NOT listen to any old timer who says " put hot sauce on the wood to keep them away " !! Doesn't work , they love hot sauce !!!!!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:06 pm

lol  5 month's later and she is almost done,
 Still have to put the  shoot through mess on the window's, paint the inside black, cut the   wood panels for the window's,   and the roof,  and the hard part- figuring out where  I want it lol! But  I should stay nice and warm this winter, and  I love my little bathroom toilet Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:59 pm

Good grief! Why the heck don't you just shoot from the house????? lol. And Holly asked me how she was supposed to handle peeing at the treestand. I'm sure not going to have her see this.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:31 pm

I hope you put the bathroom downstairs !!! Most people have no idea how after a good hot cup of coffee in the morning it brings on a good healthy .... well you know. And the part most really have no clue about , that #2 you just took after your coffee smells 100 times worse out in the wild !!!!!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:51 pm

Pa. Bowhunter wrote:I hope you put the bathroom downstairs !!! Most people have no idea how after a good hot cup of coffee in the morning it brings on a good healthy .... well you know. And the part most really have no clue about , that #2 you just took after your coffee smells 100 times worse out in the wild !!!!!!
 There will be  no  # 2 going  down that  bucket Rick,  LOL  that is why  I get up  and hour and half before  I even get ready for any morning hunt after drinking a pot of coffee, to take care of business,  plus Larry packed that little hole full of steel wool Wink

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top