Anybody having trouble with coverts??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anybody having trouble with coverts??

Post  kyhunter123 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:56 am

Is anybody else having trouble with them right now?? I just had to send one back for false triggers and eating batteries. I had it out for 4 days and it took no pictures and the batteries were dead. Checked cameras yesterday and one of my other Red40's stopped taking pictures the 9th and the other the screen would just go white and go no further but they took pictures so I left them. The MP6 was so dead the screen wouldn't come on. But still was takein pictures.  David's Red40 is also messing up....
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody having trouble with coverts??

Post  wihunter24 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:04 am

Are these brand new cameras?  I'm assuming your batteries didn't explode and corrode all the wires / connections.... I'd be giving Covert a call.

I had some issues with a new Red 40 last summer / fall.  Started out working fine and then it wouldn't take pics.  Turns out there was some glitch where you had to format the card and return the camera to the default factory settings.  Once that was done you could change the settings how you wanted and all was good for 3-4 weeks until I had to start the process over.  I also started getting pink, orange and purple tinted daylight pics late last fall... Rolling Eyes
wihunter24
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:02 am

wihunter24 wrote: wouldn't take pics.  Turns out there was some glitch where you had to format the card and return the camera to the default factory settings.  Once that was done you could change the settings how you wanted and all was good for 3-4 weeks until I had to start the process over.  I also started getting pink, orange and purple tinted daylight pics late last fall... Rolling Eyes
That is whats going on with my red 40 now but cant give covert a call till I come back from this 2 week vacation so im praying it acts normal for the rest of my vacation.
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:16 am

The only trouble I've had is a cam that is taking a bunch of pics during the day that aren't wildlife related.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:49 am

wihunter24 wrote:Are these brand new cameras?  I'm assuming your batteries didn't explode and corrode all the wires / connections.... I'd be giving Covert a call.

I had some issues with a new Red 40 last summer / fall.  Started out working fine and then it wouldn't take pics.  Turns out there was some glitch where you had to format the card and return the camera to the default factory settings.  Once that was done you could change the settings how you wanted and all was good for 3-4 weeks until I had to start the process over.  I also started getting pink, orange and purple tinted daylight pics late last fall... Rolling Eyes
Iv had most of them since probably last december - January.  Iv had to return my 2012 red40. They gave me a 2013 back. But iv had no problems before now. Maby the heat is getting to them??
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:07 pm

Inherit short shelf life...
There may be a firmware update for that camera. My Red 40 quit working after the first year...no pics taken I thought it was because I had placed it high up on the tree and faced it downward causing havoc with the loose battery problem...I put new batteries in it but it still would not take pics so I took it out of the woods for a better look but have not had a chance to to look at it anymore.

By chance you are not keeping your batteries in your car where they are getting overheated??? I was wondering about that cause I left mine in my car for a couple days...
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:10 pm

Mountainman Vic wrote:The only trouble I've had is a cam that is taking a bunch of pics during the day that aren't wildlife related.
Vic,
Check out chasing game I'm almost positive they were discussing this and if memory serves me correctly they came out with a firmware update...
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:59 pm

I sent back a 2013 Red40 and got a 2014 back. I love covert:). I like the new clamping on the new ones and idk how I will like the new strap but I think it will be nice. The batteries seem like they sit in there tighter also... Hope to get it out soon.
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:27 pm

I had an issue with the new outlook  last week,   but  it is working now,  I have had to hit the default setting on one new red 40 also but all issue's are now corrected Wink  Too funny I was cleaning closets today and found a  Covert  mp6 in the closet that has never been opened, Now that was a nice surprice( I guess it's  kind of bad when you loose  a camera in the house lol! 
 And  yes  Jacob,  Covert is great  and  also I have wandered  if  the heat sometimes does not  cause camera's to malfunction-

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:37 pm

bowGal wrote:I had an issue with the new outlook  last week,   but  it is working now,  I have had to hit the default setting on one new red 40 also but all issue's are now corrected Wink  Too funny I was cleaning closets today and found a  Covert  mp6 in the closet that has never been opened, Now that was a nice surprice( I guess it's  kind of bad when you loose  a camera in the house lol! 
 And  yes  Jacob,  Covert is great  and  also I have wandered  if  the heat sometimes does not  cause camera's to malfunction-
Haha! Why cant that happen to me??  lol!
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:02 pm

kyhunter123 wrote:
bowGal wrote:I had an issue with the new outlook  last week,   but  it is working now,  I have had to hit the default setting on one new red 40 also but all issue's are now corrected Wink  Too funny I was cleaning closets today and found a  Covert  mp6 in the closet that has never been opened, Now that was a nice surprice( I guess it's  kind of bad when you loose  a camera in the house lol! 
Haha! Why cant that happen to me??  lol!
Because your still young enough to remember. lol.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:39 pm

And Barb you were looking in the woods for your lost camera!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum