How often do you get a new bow?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How often do you get a new bow?

Post  Mountainman Vic on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:42 pm

As I was out practicing the other night it dawned on me that the last time I bought a bow was in 2007. That said, this bow has been a killing machine and unless it blows up, it's going to be in the tree with me again this year but I'm thinking it going to be looking at retirement in the near future. So what's the longest you ever used the same bow?

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: How often do you get a new bow?

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:47 pm

The longest for me has been 2 years  lol!  I am using getting a new bow will break the curse of not shooting a stud buck....
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Willy on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:49 pm

I had a Mathews Switchback for 6 seasons, longest I have ever stuck with one bow.  Wasn't a damn thing wrong with that bow, it was a killing machine, and I have not shot any bow I have had since as well as I shot that one.
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:29 pm

I seem to go about 4 yrs on my last two bows. Before that I was just like willys statement. I had a switchy for 5 years that I loved. I fell victim to the speed era and thought I needed to upgrade. I've never been more accurate or comfortable than I was with that bow.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:33 pm

Geez  Vic,  Wink  
 I did not start bow hunting until 1991 - first bow  I    used that first year was  one   old  bow  the hubby set up for me, One of his left over's, I can not even tell you  the name of it- but  it killed my first doe- 
 a year or so later we got hooked upped  with a  TV show called  Pure  Country outdoor's, and  Mathew's  was their only bow  sponsor.
 We were blessed to  get big discounts on  their bow' line up  on the market at that time,
 Both Larry and I went with their MQ32 model's
 , I can not even remember how many years we  kept those bow's and we still to to this day loved them, and miss them  Might have been right at  5 year's ago that  I parted with that   Sweet  MQ bow , I  gave it  to Tabi Young , ( Mike's wife) at one of our  forum gathering's,   It was not even set up for her at the time, and she  had never shot a bow before -  , But just  watching her  shoot  it   and  knowing   that another new Huntress  was born. did help  for me parting with that  bow( still to this day, I so miss that bow,
  That  following year    both Larry and I got new bow's, He went with the  Mathew's extreme Z7, I went with the  Passion, And we both hated them!!!!!!!!!!
 This will  be our  3rd year  for both of us now shooting  the  Hoyt  Carbon  Elements, unless  I can get that ole  MQ32 back, I doubt  I by another bow again

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:52 pm

I think this is my third season with my Maxxis but I'm looking to buy something else soon. I'm wanting something a little longer ata and a little longer valley. I'm sure I will have either an elite or obsession to hunt with next year
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:52 am

I went half a season with a old Bear whitetail hunter 2. (Needed an upgrade bad!! LOL) Then got a PSE Rally for my birthday and had that for a season and a half didn't really like it, felt like I was holding back all the weight no let off plus it was loud even with dampeners and such. Half way through last season when I had sold my PSE I got My Hoyt Maxxis 35 and don't plan on getting rid of that for at least another season or 2 I just love it and am a good shot with it just all around a great bow for me.
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  Willy on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:05 am

you guys with those Hoyt maxis bows better hold on to them. That is a sweet bow.
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:15 am

Vic
Thinking about it. I think that 2007 is the year I bought my Bowtech???  It's pretty new for its age based on my last 4 years.  I am thinking about going down to the minimum in weight myself but their so darn expensive.
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:16 am

I definitely plan on keeping mine for a back up even when I buy a new bow. I know I would immediately regret getting rid of it
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:04 pm

With the price of new bows, my Bowtech will be with me for quite awhile !!! I never , and I repeat NEVER thought I would pay more for a bow than I do for a gun !! I had my Pearson Spoiler Plus for 7 years , then was shooting for High Country thru a dealer , had that bow for somewhere around 7 or 8 years , got my Bowtech Tomkat around 2006 and then bought my new Bowtech Insanity and love it. And at around $1200 to $1300 out the door with new goodies , it will be a long time before Tina even thinks about letting me get a new one. Plus I see no reason to buy new each year, that's just insane to me.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:17 pm

I have a Maxxis 31 right now. Trying to sell it to get an Obsession. Dad has one and it is sweeeettttt. Iv had the Maxxis for 3 years.
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:22 pm

Im going 9 years or so on the old Parker. It still shoots straight and puts them on the ground. If you think thats bad, I still have a Golden Eagle litespeed that has to be 18 years old that I still get out every once in a while.  At about $1500 its hard to talk the wife into it if it isnt broke.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  G3 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:58 pm

I am guilty of replacing perfectly great bows with new ones....but I do have to say I am still loving my Bear Motive 6...it is one sweet shooting bow.
G3
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  ridgerunner on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:17 pm

I've been shooting my Mathews Ultra II since 2001 with no complaints.  Before that I was on an 8 year cycle.  A new bow would be great but I right now I have other things I'd like to get, like a lightweight carry rifle.
ridgerunner
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:06 pm

I'm glad to hear it. I was feeling like I was the only guy who didn't have a new bow every year or two.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bow_dad on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:30 am

I've had one recurve and three compounds my whole life.  The recurve I still shoot and my PSE will be in the tree for it's tenth season this year.
bow_dad
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum