Yippie, so happy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yippie, so happy

Post  bowGal on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:18 pm

Got a new's letter from  our good ole DNR  the other day  , And thank the lord they are finally listening,
 And  They  have now  added 20 more counties  ( to the  first 41 counties  posted earlier this year) that there will be "No  late  Antlerless Season
 Woohoo!  Woohoo!  You have no idea how happy I was to  see our  Adam's  county  added to the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Still not happy with a few other thing's but at least this Doing away with  this late season this Year hunt   is  a start  in the right direction for our area, 
http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/news/Pages/IDNRAnnouncesChangesfor2014-2015DeerHuntingSeasons.aspx

Last edited by bowGal on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Yippie, so happy

Post  soil on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:55 pm

they cut 20 counties out of the late season but they didn't reduce doe tags available in most of those counties.  so the same amount of deer can be killed, it just has to be done in a shorter period   Rolling Eyes  Adams county has 0 reduction in either sex tags available from '13 to '14 season, and also 0 reduction in antlerless only tags available from '13 to '14 season. 

it's a baby step in the right direction though
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:13 pm

soil wrote:they cut 20 counties out of the late season but they didn't reduce doe tags available in most of those counties.  so the same amount of deer can be killed, it just has to be done in a shorter period   Rolling Eyes 

it's a baby step in the right direction though
 I know,  Josh,  Crying or Very sad  But a lot of hunter's are getting   very sick of all the  unlimited doe tag's Il  issue's, It is going to  take more  hunter's in  Il  to step it up and use better judgement  on killing as many doe's as they have in the past, I have a feeling , that  more serious NR hunter's  will not be  hunting Il this year.( well expect for  the  rich and famous people(AKA fool's that still   fall for all the   Marketing lie's on how great  Il is let on to be,
 My all mean's we  need to make some major changes in    getting rid of a few  Folk's making the  call's in our  state, And Marc Miller should of been gone years ago!!!!!!!!!!!! Let alone a few  so called  wildlife Biologist ,We  got a new biologist  this past year for our   County I honestly do not know how often he leaves the office, but  he is listening, and   all 3 of  the  CPO's  I have   worked this past few year's  agree, Our deer herd has been dwindling  for the past  6 years

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:17 pm

Well they may have a bunch of doe tags but at least they won't be shooting bucks that dropped their antlers. Glad to hear it Barb.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:40 pm

I agree Vic, the number of shed bucks and button bucks killed in that doe season is staggering!
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:19 pm

That was my first thought Vic...it's definitely chalked up in the good column.  Happy to hear someone has finally listens to you the hunters of IL Barb!  Let's Hope we can continue to see more progress!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum