Who's ready for season???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who's ready for season???

Post  kyhunter123 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Who else is ready for season?? I don't have a shooter on camera yet but I still can't wait to get up opening morning and take the walk to the stand! I know david is ready. He will make a thread later. But You know the 8 point from last year? Oh.. he got bigger.... and I really hope he gets a shot at him this year Smile
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Re: Who's ready for season???

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:29 pm

I am ready for the season to start, BUT I still have some much need things to do. Stand prep,shooting lanes etc. Cant wait to see the pic that David has.
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:38 pm

Iv got a pic but I think he wants to show him off. lol! ... He also has a buddy that is also... well let's just say... a no question shooter...
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:22 pm

Your killing me kid! Lol
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wihunter24 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:37 pm

I've got pics of plenty of nice bucks and am starting to get excited for the season.  Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to hang 20 stands, re-plant a foodplot, mow 40 acres of CRP, build 7 retaining walls and help a friend move before September 13, not to mention working 60ish hours a week at my regular job....
wihunter24
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:06 am

wihunter24 wrote:I've got pics of plenty of nice bucks and am starting to get excited for the season.  Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to hang 20 stands, re-plant a foodplot, mow 40 acres of CRP, build 7 retaining walls and help a friend move before September 13, not to mention working 60ish hours a week at my regular job....
I can do that for you, for the cost of one WI buck. Wink

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:20 pm

Jacob,
I just got off the phone with the public land where I'm hunting in Iowa this November.  Checking to make sure I could legally park at a little pull over off of a roadway. All good to go there.  Then I got the scoop on what is planted in some of the crop fields in that section.  She will be checking on the others for me in the upcoming week or so.  Gotta love being able to have that kind of info already in your hands when your get there!  First decisions will be easier on where to start!
Got my lodging figured out...tripadvisor.com is an excellent tool that we didn't have just a few years ago...no more crappy motels if it can be helped!!  I found a super motel that was very well recommended that is not a chain brand and really would have stayed away from and it is allowing me to save $25 a night off a room if I can't get into a primitive camp site.
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:00 pm

We're ready!  Just need a few of our shooters to start showing up and we'll be off. Good luck!

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Are we ready for tree time , By all mean's Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, are we ready for  season as far as all the  prep work  goes  Crying or Very sad No and will not  be until  about the second week of   Sept. When we finally finish  planting  the winter wheat  plot's, I have already noticed a few things different so far this summer as what a few buck's are doing different this year during their normal velvet  travel area's  this time of year, So I never get to excited until that velvet come's off!  Still have    a  lot of  favored  Acorn area's  to get camera's in .. Oct 1 is  still  3 months off for us, and  Our opening day is a week day Crying or Very sad    so  no morning hunting for me , but I will be out that afternoon somewhere!!

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:13 am

bowGal wrote:Are we ready for tree time , By all mean's Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, are we ready for  season as far as all the  prep work  goes  Crying or Very sad No and will not  be until  about the second week of   Sept. When we finally finish  planting  the winter wheat  plot's, I have already noticed a few things different so far this summer as what a few buck's are doing different this year during their normal velvet  travel area's  this time of year, So I never get to excited until that velvet come's off!  Still have    a  lot of  favored  Acorn area's  to get camera's in .. Oct 1 is  still  3 months off for us, and  Our opening day is a week day Crying or Very sad    so  no morning hunting for me , but I will be out that afternoon somewhere!!
Now I don't want you to panic Barb but October1st is only 2 months away and not 3. lol.
I'm really excited for the season but I've got a ton of things to get ready. I will be down in Kentucky next weekend to do a little prep work and I have a few stands at home tohet out and a few that I want to hang in southern PA as well.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckslayerNY13 on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:43 pm

There's trees almost fully changed colors already. Seeing a lot more activity!! No shooters yet but I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready
BuckslayerNY13
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  live2hunt on Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:35 pm

I have to come to realize I am never truely "ready" for season ever.......
live2hunt
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  MEhunter on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:10 am

I've never been this ready mentally or physically. In the last month I have taken down/hung/shuffled around 10 stands, hung 8 deer cams, set 3 bear baits and hung stands on them. All while all the hunting stuff has been done I've also cut and cleared my entire house lot. Time to get the brush burnt and start building a house! The fishing time this year has gone away almost completely, but I'm real happy at all the other stuff I've gotten done since turkey season ended. I can offically say I'm almost 100% ready for fall. Just a couple stands left to hang around the house and a few scouting trips north for moose left before it all begins. The first week of September can't get here soon enough.

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum