Any Laws Pertaining to Trail Cams in Your State?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any Laws Pertaining to Trail Cams in Your State?

Post  MEhunter on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:37 pm

Still don't need permissions to hunt someones land, but need permission to hang a camera...

Some may say yeah you should have permission to go on someones land any way, but so far I've spoken with 2 different land owners that will not sign a single thing when it comes to their property. They give you all the verble permission you want to hang stands, cameras, hunt, etc... but when it comes to putting something in writing it scares a lot of the older generation, heck even some of the younger guys as well. A good portion of the bigger land owners around us don't even want to be bothered with calls even asking for permission. Some run large businesses and own multiple tracks of land across the state, the last thing they want to be doing is returning phone calls all day about someone asking for permission to hang a camera, not to mention sign a piece of paper...

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Laws Pertaining to Trail Cams in Your State?

Post  shedder on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Many feel signing a piece of paper with permission give way to law suites...
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  MEhunter on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:02 pm

shedder wrote:Many feel signing a piece of paper with permission give way to law suites...

Exactly...

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:14 pm

Not that I know of, but the one that reads " you may kick the holy he!! out of the person you caught trespassing or stealing " is one that needs to go thru to become law !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:08 pm

To my knowledge we don't have anything for labeling cameras but our laws read that you are to have written permission to hunt anyone else's land. So to me that'd pretty much the same. Our regulation guide has a stupid little cut out in it that they say you can use but I've never heard of anyone doing so. That's the Commonwealths rule. Most people who will let you hunt still are good with a hand shake and to my knowledge you can't be arrested for putting a camera out unless the land owner wants to press charges.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:18 pm

I have no idea if we have any law's  on putting camera's up on someone's  property,
 I would not even want to/or would   with out  getting permission   first  period,  but then I  personally would  never  put  a camera  on any ground  everyone has free access to, be it  public or private.

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:07 pm

Up here we are not allowed to place anything on anyone else's property, which I assume means no trail cameras without permission. The crazy thing is that you are allowed to hunt anywhere you want, no permission needed, as long as it is not posted, and 95%+ of the land is not posted!

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:43 pm

bowGal wrote:I have no idea if we have any law's  on putting camera's up on someone's  property,
 I would not even want to/or would   with out  getting permission   first  period,  but then I  personally would  never  put  a camera  on any ground  everyone has free access to, be it  public or private.
That's the only way must of us get a chance to put a camera out. I know the stealing is a pain in the butt but it's one of those necessary evils we have to encounter every once in a while to enjoy this awesome hobby!
Moving on, I wonder if there will be a push to go the way of the drone eventually???  It is a spying device after all  Question
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:39 pm

I wonder if there will be a push to go the way of the drone eventually???  It is a spying device after all 

I am starting to hear alot about these drones Matt, lots of the shows up here are starting to get them and there is a debate on their legality in relation to hunting.

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum