I'm having the worst luck......

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm having the worst luck......

Post  kyhunter123 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:51 pm

This will make the 4th covert iv sent back in a month.... check one of my cameras today at my little 17 acres and it wouldn't turn on. After I started looking the thing was full of water. The batteries were wet, inside where the red lights are was wet. Idk why. I guess moisture? The others, 1. the LCD screen wouldn't come on. 2. One was eating batteries and taking false triggers and 3. My MP6 Black, the little bolt for the tripod mount busted out of it.... I am having the worst luck with cameras right now... BUT They are easily the best cameras iv ever owned. And the CS is top notch so they take care of me Very Happy
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm having the worst luck......

Post  kyhunter123 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:43 pm

Well scratch that. I just put the batteries back in the one from today and it turned on. I put 4 of the little white things that come in the cameras in there all day in i guess it worked. Any tricks to keep the moisture out??
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:16 pm

Would this work? The door seems like it closes fine. Do you think it would mess the rubber seam that keeps the actual water out?
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Willy on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:52 pm

I would call them and tell them about it anyway. Chances are your going to have problems down the road with corrosion since it got wet. The seal around the door most likely is bad. I had a red 40 that did that last year and the camera worked fine after I fixed the seal but it ended up crapping out a couple months later because of all the corrosion on the board inside.
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:13 pm

Jacob , I saw on the  covert page some of the guy's were putting/keeping  those little  white  packet's , in their camera's, with all the moisture and  high humidity lately,
 But  like Willy said  I would be concerned about the seal,  I got  to half of my  camera's today and they have all been out in heavy rain't the few day's and did not have any water issue's  , 
 Unless  somehow you might not of gotten it closed tight when you set it out,  it could have a bad  seal, I have also had one that has before  that I sent back last year

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:27 pm

bowGal wrote:Jacob , I saw on the  covert page some of the guy's were putting/keeping  those little  white  packet's , in their camera's, with all the moisture and  high humidity lately,
 But  like Willy said  I would be concerned about the seal,  I got  to half of my  camera's today and they have all been out in heavy rain't the few day's and did not have any water issue's  , 
 Unless  somehow you might not of gotten it closed tight when you set it out,  it could have a bad  seal, I have also had one that has before  that I sent back last year
iv had it out for about 4 weeks now without any problems. It was pretty close to the ground last time i put it out. Could that have messed it up? another thing that was confusing me was. The other day it was sunny and at 1 oclock in the afternoon my lens was foggy like there was moisture on it. Actually almost all the pictures i had on this last check was foggy. I had it on like a dead post that was about a foot or so off the ground.
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:52 pm

This issue was suppose to be fixed.  Are these 2014 models or earlier models?
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:05 pm

shedder wrote:This issue was suppose to be fixed.  Are these 2014 models or earlier models?
This is a 2014. No problems out of the others.
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:11 am

Not sure that it would be the case but when you close your cameras up, it's a good idea to clean the seal off as best you can. If there would be a piece of dirt or leaf particle that would go clear through,it could wick moisture.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Willy on Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:21 am

no matter how the moisture got in the camera to start with , unless you get 100 % of it out and the camera inside 100% dried out, when you close it up and put it back out in the heat its going to steam up on the inside. that seal works both ways. fogging up in the middle of the day is the moisture trapped inside. if thats happening your going to have corrosion issues eventually
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum