Been busy in MO

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Been busy in MO

Post  bowright on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:59 am

Man, never did I imagine how busy I would be moving back home. Everyday we have something going on.

A week ago, my oldest started getting sick, said her side was hurting, and started running a fever. Took her to one hospital and they said she had a stomach bug after 7 1/2 hours in the ER. AT midnight, my wife and I decided to take her to children's hospital in st Louis. That was a good move on our part, as she ended up with an extreme infection and appendicitis. After 5 days in the hospital and a surgery, we got to bring her home, and she is doing good now. Pretty bad feeling when your 4 year old is laying there in pain and sick and you are helpless to do anything about it.

I don't have all my camera's up yet, but have 3 out. So far getting some good pics here and there. Sorry about the quality, I do not have my main computer set up yet, so I have to take a picture of my camera that I view the pics with, so not the best quality.

Got a few decent bucks on camera. I have a giant 8 coming in on my SD card, but not on my phone.

And got plenty of these critters coming in right now too.

Should be an interesting fall. The hog dogs are all healed up and ready to roll again, so once we have some cool weather again, bacon better beware.
bowright
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Re: Been busy in MO

Post  soil on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:12 pm

That ten point is a giant!  Looking forward to some more pig hunting pics as well.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Great looking bucks!  Good luck with them, and hope you can thin out those hogs.

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:37 pm

Awesome bucks Brian. Are they all Missouri bucks or do you still have hunting ground in Iowa? Post up more of those hog kills when you get them.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mex. Bowhunter on Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:50 pm

Great looking deer Buddy. You better start shoot and don't stop on those Hogs. I remember when it was something to see a hog at home when I was a Kid. Now You can't find a place that don't have them. Good Luck
Mex. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowright on Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:30 pm

Mountainman Vic wrote:Awesome bucks Brian. Are they all Missouri bucks or do you still have hunting ground in Iowa? Post up more of those hog kills when you get them.

Those are Southern Missouri bucks.  I'm blessed to have a dad like mine to work as hard as he does to produce big deer, and also blessed to just have quality deer on our farms. But I still have plenty of area's in Iowa to go back to whenever I can. 

Once cooler weather comes around, we will put a hurt on them hogs!  Killed a big boar a few weeks ago that put the hurt on our dogs, but they have healed and are ready to go again.
bowright
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:40 pm

So glad to  here  Briley is doing better!!!!!!!!! and your dog's  Wink , Dang  bud  I  honestly do not  see any reason to go back to  Iowa with those bad boy's roaming your farm Wink  Good to hear from you and can not wait to see a few more photo's of  of those   nasty ole hog's  taking dirt nap's.

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bow_dad on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:20 am

Those hogs should be great on the smoker!  Looks like things are going well down there, You going to hit the old trap line this year?
bow_dad
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowright on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:21 pm

Got another one that finished nicely. 

Also, can't wait to get after this big boy.  Got close to 40 coming into my bait pile right now.  A buddy of mine (muddy) is coming down in a couple weeks, so I'm having to refrain from going out and gettin after the pigs.  When he gets here, hopefully we can put a hurt on them. 

bowright
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:43 am

Those are some great bucks!  I hope you have fun getting on one this fall!!  Then that one tusker is huge!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum