Who is ready...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who is ready...

Post  Young on Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:53 pm

I know its been quite a while since I have visited the site, let alone posted, but man life is in the fast lane for me and my family!  I miss this place as it always has had a great group of members and always is the first place I check when huntings forums come to mind. 

I made my first trip to my only close private farm last week and got 4 stand ready and 5 cams hung.  I have 2 more stands to set up and I plan on moving a box blind, depending on its integrity after the flooding.  I am stoked bout this farm as it is planted in beans and another portion has been inlisted in the CRP program.  I went through my bucks from last season and there are quite a few I look forward to hunting this year once the cams show who is still showing their faces.  Pics will be posted once I get a chance to get back out and make a pull.

This year I will also be hunting in Missouri this year for the first time in several years.  Food plots are in, stands are up and there is still some stand work that needs to be done, but this farm is pretty much set up.  Its my friend, Rob's farm, and he has done a TON of work on this farm making it the best it can be.  I truly took forward to and appreciate the chance to hunt this farm as well.

Season opens in Missouri in 28 days and my bow is dialed in!

All that being said, who is completly ready for season and just waiting on opening day???
Young
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is ready...

Post  BlueID_LDS on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:55 pm

I'm ready for season. I've got two nice 9 pointers and two big eights hanging around and they are all on the list this year! The corn fields and our mineral sites are keeping them around more this year so I can't wait!
BlueID_LDS
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:19 pm

Best of luck in  Missouri this year Mike,  I  know how hard Rob has worked the past few years  to improve his farm,That ought to be some sweet hunting for the both of you!
 Been wandering if you  had made it up to   your close farm yet to do any scouting or  had any camera's out this summer, 

Wink  By no mean's are  we  totally ready,as far as all the work still to do, and with the heat this week I doubt we get anything  else done until next weekend LOl  Larry just shot his bow for the first time today and his first  hunt's start in  11 days,

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:32 pm

I guess we are as ready as we can be!  Have 7 stands hung, 4 blinds out and a bunch more ready to go as soon as we check some more cams. 25 cams out and scouting every day but still only one target buck confirmed. Sept 1 for whitetails here!

Good luck everyone as the seasons get closer!

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:37 am

I'm about as ready as I've ever been. I have so many stands out that I likely won't get the chance to hunt them all. I'll be heading to Kentucky in two weeks and will have to do some quick scouting a day or two before the season opens, but have a good idea from google earth as to where I want to start looking. Let get it on. Very Happy

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Young on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:26 pm

The heat this week is what we dealt with all last year during summer.  Upper 90's and over 100 with heat index, but my time is limited and I will be heading back out Sunday if moisture cooperates.  Had another successful trip to Missouri and was able to get a couple stands checked/hung, cams checked and more food plot work done.  Things are looking up and got a pretty good buck on camera that is a main frame 6x6.  Still trying to figure his age, hopefully more pics will follow.

Barb, you're right he has done a ton of work over the last couple years making his farm a little slice of heaven.  Beautiful place!

Good Luck Vic, you can never have to many stands and cams out!  One thing that tells me is you have been one busy guy if you have that many up. 

Crew, it never seems to fail... All your hard work, time and dedication will pay off with some freak or giant!

One trip left for me and then my two spots will be ready for season!  Need to continue to shoot so when the time comes I'm ready!

Good luck to all getting out and look forward to seeing some giants on the ground this year!
Young
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bow_dad on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:41 am

I could stand to put up a blind and hand a stand or two and shoot my bow some more. 

Honestly it's been very difficult to get motivated here at home.  We've gone from getting excited when a big buck came through the yard to getting excited when any buck came through the yard to getting excited when ANY deer comes through the yard, all in a three year span.  I've only got two young bucks on the cameras so far.  Our deer population in the area has just fallen off the charts.
bow_dad
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Young on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:06 pm

I share your frustration some there Jason!  I used to love getting out doing all the work and running cams nearly year around.  In the last three years I am down to one farm I can hunt and then another buddies I can hunt with him.  These are all within a 2.5hr drive one way, don't get me wrong I am extremely appriciative of the places I can hunt, but 2.5's one way makes a day trip tough. 

Our numbers are low all over Illinois except for in Alexander Co. It went up 4%.

With all the busy things life throws at me between family, work and my extra stuff, hunting is now #4 on the list, but I still have the passion and drive for it, just no enough hours in a day. 

I was able to make my last trip to my Jasper Co. farm and it is totally ready to go!  I am excited to get in a tree and log some hours once vacation starts!  Cams revealed a couple nice up and comer's, but nothing to make ya excited.  Time will tell...
Young
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum