well shifting gears and came out ok

View previous topic View next topic Go down

well shifting gears and came out ok

Post  shedder on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:04 pm

I'm losing the hunting property where Rockstar and the abandon apple orchard with the newfound oak tree are.  Not ready to talk about it yet.  So I was looking on the GIS maps for opportunities at handshake hunting opportunities and found my Daily Blessing!  Basketball 

Pics are always better than words for the crowds we hang out with so I better just put the pic up first to satisfy us picher lovers  albino  lol! 

That little Golden triangle is landlocked on both the South and the West side by non hunters!!!  I just might be ok after all!  I think I'm gonna need a little elec powered Jon Boat!  cheers 
Almost seems like I was nudged here by some other forces???

Last edited by shedder on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: well shifting gears and came out ok

Post  Mountainman Vic on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:33 pm

I hope you kill the biggest buck of your life there Matt. I'm sure things will work out well for ya bud.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:52 pm

Mountainman Vic wrote:I hope you kill the biggest buck of your life there Matt. I'm sure things will work out well for ya bud.
Well Vic, since you mentioned it.  See that pinch point formed with the back of the beaver swamp and the clover field?  That narrow wooded finger is where I shot my first two deer ever.  Both with a bow and both record book bucks!  I paid my dues not breaking the seal until my 20's but once it finally happened things were ok.  

The land owner of the land on the back edge of that swamp passed away and the son now owns it.  I no longer can hunt that awesome funnel.  I have been hunting the area in Red but it hasn't had the same results as the deer tend to continue in a more N-S direction thru that funnel.  I would get a few coming into the area but its never been the same.  Now with this new found section I labeled in Gold I'm excited at what the season will bring!!  After talking with my buddy I went to school with who owns this land (which continues across the North side of the swamp on the same side of the rd) in Red after his parents passed away.  He has never done anything with it because it is landlocked!  I have sole permission and he would like me to boot anyone out of there who has been using it without asking him...This section ends up being less than 5 acres but it might be that 5 acres I need.
THIS MEANS AFTER 18 YEARS I AM BACK INTO SWAMPLAND DREAMS!!  Maybe not in that perfect funnel where my hunting success took off...I tell you when I placed my stand on the S-W edge of this swamp/pinch point it was some of the best deer hunting of my life!  With crazy all day traffic coming from all directions! This is also where I shot my Piebald doe!  Not sure if I have any of those pics or if they were destroyed in our flood...but I lost her hide during our week long power outage  pale had her in the chest freezer waiting til I could afford to do something with her!
I'm telling you it feels like I have been getting nudged off of Rockstar's property for awhile know by some kind of unknown force...with running into that elderly gentleman and feeling the need to give him my area to hunt right where Rockstar lived.  To Rockstar shedding his antlers in late November!  Now not finding Rockstar or ANY mature bucks on that property...
to having the talk with Carrie about not hunting out of state    Evil or Very Mad  because of my health ... Then this little piece of heaven falls into my lap...being nudged here for some reason!!  Time will tell, but it will feel good to hunt a place where I have had some amazing success and where my focus on really bearing down and hunting mature BIG deer was my wheelhouse!  

With that being said I will have to be up from the edge of that swamp probably 100 yards maybe 150 pending 
on where those corner survey pins are!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum