Anybody else?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anybody else?

Post  kyhunter123 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:56 pm

Was this week really slow for trail camera pictures?? A couple of my cameras went 2-3 days without taking a picture of a deer. That's just not normal at all. Could the acorns be dropping in the bottoms and keeping them out of the beans?? Or did the heat just keep them not moving?
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody else?

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:16 pm

My pics dropped off by about 75% the last two weeks. I would say they are now in the corn since its starting to change over .
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:16 pm

My guess would be Acorns could be to blame. They are starting to fall here in NY.  Take a walk around a few of your oak trees and you will soon find out.
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:36 am

I'm betting on acorns. It happens to me every year at this time. I will be interested to check a couple of cams though in an area where there are no white oaks and the reds aren't busting with acorns this year. I'm thinking that plot should still be doing well.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:57 am

I just read that a firmware update just came out for the red 40's and it saying it will fix battery life, dark pictures and not taking pictures. Would it be a good idea to download that to a laptop and bring it out with me and update them? Maybe that's what it is....
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:27 am

The update is sent to you in an email link.  So you will not need to take your laptop along.  You then transfer the link by placing anempty SD card in the locked position into your computers SD slot then right click the link to the update.  It will ask you if you want to transfer it onto the SD card.
Once you have transferred to update to the SD card,  take it out to your problem camera. Place it back to default mode and simply put the SD card into your camera.  Once the covert symbol shows back on the screen the update should be completed...
My only question is they never told me to unlock my SD card when I put it into the camera being updated...so I left it in the locked position which I question...maybe someone can help here???
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:45 am

shedder wrote:The update is sent to you in an email link.  You then transfer the link onto an empty SD card in the locked position, I believe. Put your problem camera back to default mode and simply put the SD card into your camera.  Once the covert symbol comes back on the update should be completed...
My only question is they never told me to unlock my SD card when I put it into the camera being updated...so I left it in the locked position which I question...maybe someone can help here???
If you go to the website and go over to support them firmware updates. It shows that you can download them off that page. And it gives steps. I would think i could download it to a laptop and clear my SD out when im back there checking the camera and put the update on the SD then put it in there. But i guess i have a few extra 4 Gig cards i could use also.
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  MEhunter on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:58 am

My picutres actually have started to pick up, but I think it's because my cameras are back in the woods away from their summering areas. Like others have said the acorn activity is really starting to pickup in my area as well. Lots dropping and quite a few tracks in an amongst the oaks.

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:48 pm

I've had about 3 slow weeks on cam!
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Willy on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:44 pm

kyhunter123 wrote:
shedder wrote:The update is sent to you in an email link.  You then transfer the link onto an empty SD card in the locked position, I believe. Put your problem camera back to default mode and simply put the SD card into your camera.  Once the covert symbol comes back on the update should be completed...
If you go to the website and go over to support them firmware updates. It shows that you can download them off that page. And it gives steps. I would think i could download it to a laptop and clear my SD out when im back there checking the camera and put the update on the SD then put it in there. But i guess i have a few extra 4 Gig cards i could use also.
just go to the web page.  Put a clean SD card into your laptap and download the firmware and save it to the clean SD card.  Then print off the directions for how to install the firmware to your camera. You don't need to take anything with you to the field but the card that had the firmware on it.
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:13 pm

I am moving all my camera's off the plot's this weekend,  And in  to the timber and creek bed's  All I am getting on the field's are doe's, 2 small buck's and all these darn turkey's Mad

Ps  and thanks Willy for the info on the upgrade's, I got an email last night that the new outlook updated is on their page now also.
 I have not done any of the upgrades yet, as  I really have not had any problems  yet that just hitting default did not correct  Wink

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:12 pm

Went back to do some last minute stuff and had a total of about 15 deer pictures in 4 nights. So i went down where I know there are a bunch of oaks. [size=32]And exactly what I thought. There were acorns everywhere. So i put all of my cameras scattered through out the whole farm where the acorns were dropping. I'm kinda excited about opening weekend. If it's not raining. My favorite stand the back right, all around is oaks. So there was acorns everywhere. They were falling as we were back there. Come on rain. Go Away!!! [/size]
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:01 pm

Scouted some area's today   and also  moved camera's  to  some  plentiful acorns tree's Wink
LOl  just looked up and all this darn turkeys are in shooting range out the window  they are driving me nuts and my camera's nut's

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:09 pm

bowGal wrote:Scouted some area's today   and also  moved camera's  to  some  plentiful acorns tree's Wink
LOl  just looked up and all this darn turkeys are in shooting range out the window  they are driving me nuts and my camera's nut's

Sort of like this?

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueID_LDS on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:55 am

I'm hoping I can make my first trek out to my big white oak. It had a great year last year and acorns were huge! My camera is on the trail that leads right to the tree so hopefully we are getting some good pictures. Going to have to take my walking stick since I am still limping  Sad.
BlueID_LDS
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum