Who else does this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who else does this?

Post  BuckslayerNY13 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:14 am

For 3 years now I started what I call pre season cookout and that's where we have a cookout with deer turkey rabbits squirrels fish. What ever we have left from the season before. Well this year I'm doing something different. I'm having a cookout shoot out. So before we have the cookout we r gonna have a shoutout and the winner gets a trophy and after that we r gonna have dollar shots and
Stuff for fun. Then eat. Family, friends and I always thought it was a great way to start the season and I was wondering does anyone else do this or something like it?
BuckslayerNY13
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Re: Who else does this?

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:33 am

We just have our usual Labor Day picnic , but now I also spend Saturday and sunday at Selinsgrove speedway with the World of Outlaw Latemodels !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:06 am

Sounds like fun Bucky!  Time to kick summer away and lets get this hunting season going!!!!

I have a group of friends that have kicked off the bow season with bow camp at our buddies place up in the woods that is surrounded by public land.  We have made it a tradition to go a day or two before the season as we have found that its more about the compradore than the solitude of the bigger woods deer hunting of archery hunting.  We all pair up and take a night for dinner trying to come up with something fun and of course good.  

We always always have a couple Lake Erie Tributary Steelhead marinated and done up over the fire or grill pending how well the weather is going...its amazing how 12 grown men with ignore all the hot burning fingers to eat that fresh Steelhead!  Can't wait 5 minutes to let it cool to under 200 degrees or anything!! drunken   Steak dinner will always be one night...of course its never a good venison steak as no one seems to have any of those left for some reason, venison burgers and chili for lunch is a mainstay as well to clean out anyones freezer from last season.  
Taco-In-The-Bag is starting to become a favorite and good ol' spaghetti dinner with venison meatballs and of course garlic bread is a must...
We have been doing this for 25 years now up at my buddies camp!  We are actually breaking tradition this year and moving out of our campers.  We rented a cabin down at the bottom of the hill.  I guess we are getting old...there is insulation, heat and even indoor plumbing (If you know what I mean).
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum