Been a fast summer!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Been a fast summer!

Post  chukbuk on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:50 am

I find myself apologizing again for a long absence from all you good folks here, it been one crazy, mostly good summer!  It started with a scare...a late night ride in an ambulance!  
I thought I was going to die, it was a long night before the Dr. informed me I had kidney stones!  Can't imagine a pain worse than that!
       Worked some insane schedules through July where I actually slept at work on a cot many nights to save time from the long drive home!
       To the best part...just got back from a trip of a lifetime to Montana to explore Glacier National Park and then stayed with some friends in Idaho.  Spent time scouting the national forest around Cascade in preparation for an Elk / mule deer hunt next Sept.  I know...pics please, I have 1100 from glacier alone!  Will start getting some up soon!  
     Hope you all have been well, my back yard bucks have kept me entertained through all the tough days...thank god for them!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Re: Been a fast summer!

Post  Mountainman Vic on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:15 am

I thought you fell off the face of the earth. Good to hear from you. Now get those pics up.

Oh and make sure you're signed up for the deer contest.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Good to hear from you Chuk-
 Can not wait to see the pic's, How did the scouting go in Idaho???? Did you see alot of sign and elk?????

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:48 am

A summer like that would make it fly by!!  I hope your fall craws by!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:14 am

I was in country that fills my dream Barb!  My buddy had me in fresh tracks on a five mile climb  through sub-alpine meadows and a burn area that was lush with re-growth but we never caught up with the herd.  Sat and glassed a beautiful saddle that funneled between a high mountain pond and the meadow.  Did see plenty of mule deer and now I'm excited for that too!  
     The frustrating part is I have an open invitation to go anytime but can't get the time to do it!  I'm planning for next Sept. so I have a year to dream.  Pics on the other computer...I'll get them soon.  Running my daughter to Boston today to go back to school.
      Ive got a 10 hour round trip ahead of me and am stuck with insomnia!  Thanks for being here to help kill the time Smile
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum