Nice day for some shooting time

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nice day for some shooting time

Post  bowGal on Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:10 pm

Started out with  6 arrow's and now  I am Mad  down to  two that still have any fletching  left on them Wink
 I came in to get them re fletched  and  The  good ole hubbie  must of took  the  glue  and jig with him to  CO, That's ok  , I have another dozen in the  deer room but  I  actually do not like to hunt with arrow's I use as practice arrow's, but anyway I really am liking this new single pin site  Wink

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Nice day for some shooting time

Post  Mountainman Vic on Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:24 pm

bowGal wrote:  I  actually do not like to hunt with arrow's I use as practice arrow's, 
I used to feel the same way but I've gotten wiser in all my years. Wink I like the confidence of knowing I'm hunting with arrows that I've seen time and time again pounding the bullseye. Not that you have to use your practice arrows to hunt with but I strongly suggest that you shoot all of your hunting arrows before releasing them on a deer. I even shoot the be same broadhead but I use a pair of old blades in it. For me I want to know that the set up is working. I don't know if anyone else has the same issues, but since I've gone to carbon arrows. I find a number of fliers in every dozen.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Hey Barb , QUIT shooting for the same spot !!! I can't believe you don't shoot the same arrows for hunting that you do for practice ! Since I have been using carbon I learned real fast to never shoot the same spot , but like Vic, I want to know just what all my arrows are doing.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:18 pm

Pa. Bowhunter wrote:Hey Barb , QUIT shooting for the same spot !!! I can't believe you don't shoot the same arrows for hunting that you do for practice ! Since I have been using carbon I learned real fast to never shoot the same spot , but like Vic, I want to know just what all my arrows are doing.
 I do try not to shot the same spot  but  I still use the first arrow my focus point lol!  I want a nice tight group, Wink 
 Ok you two PA boy's. maybe it is time time I  get this mental block out of my head, Change is hard when you get my age-  But  I do agree with you/LOL I had a practice arrow  blow up on me yesterday- it was the one I lost last month in the yard-  I take it  Larry  ran over it with the  tractor after  I cussed him to cut that small stipe of  CRP  behind  the target-Oh well lost an arrow   but still saved the nock and   practice  broadhead cheers

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:46 am

Sounds like a ride to the pro shop is in order Barb...who knows what else he'll have there???
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:59 pm

Well Barb , now that you brought the age thing into this , chances are very good that if you change your ways, well you just won't remember the change anyway Very Happy !!!! The reason I quit shooting the same spot is that $10 per arrow thing !! Then if you add in a broadhead , well now it may have hit the $20 or more per arrow !! And I don't want to spend 20 plus each time I drill an arrow I already shot Very Happy
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckslayerNY13 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:01 pm

I always have to hunt with the arrows I practice with. So I know for sure how they will fly.
BuckslayerNY13
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum