Checking in / 1 week to go / ??? for those with online deer registration

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Checking in / 1 week to go / ??? for those with online deer registration

Post  wihunter24 on Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:20 pm

Wisconsin is planning on implementing online / phone registration for deer in 2015 and I've been selected by the DNR to be a "ginea pig" for this system and am allowed to register my deer online or by phone this year (if I choose to).  My question is:  do you people who have this system currently, like it?  Is it a pain in the a$$?  What's been your experiences?  I'm not too worried about people not registering their deer with the new system, simply because I figure the people who won't take the time to make a phone call, also currently don't take the time to go to the check in station.  I think it will hurt the local businesses who depend / thrive on deer hunters bringing their deer to town to register and show them off.  Time will tell I guess.

Bow season opens up next weekend on the 13th and to say I'm pumped is an understatement.  Plots are looking awesome, ponds are full of water, soybeans are changing colors, acorns are starting to fall, big deer on my cameras as well as 2 giants on my neighbor's camera and a new job that will afford me some hunting time.  Things are looking good so far. cheers   I'm so far behind schedule when it comes to hanging stands it's not even funny, but if I can get 5-6 more up this weekend I'll be sitting in good shape for the following weekend.  

The new job is going well.  I've been home by 5:30- 6:00PM every day so far and don't have any of the worry / stress that my previous job had.  I've had normal heart rate and blood pressure levels all week Good!  I've got so much time in the evenings it's not even funny- seriously, what do normal people do with 4 hrs of free time every night?  I haven't had that in 7+ yrs.  The 10 minute drive to work is freaking awesome- my truck's fuel guage has been stuck on 1/2 tank all week where previously I'd go through a full tank and $100+ a week in gas alone.  Did I also mention I get fed like a king at lunch?  Life is good right now!

Instead of dealing with crazy drivers in the city and on interstates, pi$$ed off homeowners / contractors and the concrete / blacktop jungle, this is what my days currently consist of now cheers cheers cheers

wihunter24
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Checking in / 1 week to go / ??? for those with online deer registration

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:09 pm

I know I like the new view compared to the concrete jungle and asphalt view !!!! Looks like the only thing you will get road rage with now will be a groundhog or some other critter Very Happy !!!
Pa. went the way of online registration , or you can still fill out your harvest report card and send it in , both are still free and I bet 1/2 the hunters still can't register their harvest BUT will still bitch and complain we kill too many deer. Maybe , just maybe if everyone would take the whole minute out of their oh so busy life to report their kills things might change a little !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  G3 on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:15 pm

That is great to see cheesehead, good for you buddy!
G3
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:54 pm

It's just good to hear you are  so happy and have more free time on your hand's now Zack
 tele check  in- system's  are easy- do I like  it for  our area  no-!!!!

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:33 pm

Wisconsin welcome to the 21 century!  There is no reason to haul your deer down to an under staffed check station and wait for what?  So a guy in a special hat can say yup Datz um Buk.  1 - 2 - 3...10 points good job. Did ya sign your tag?
Waste of time and money!  Pick up your phone and dial.  Punch in your ID# and answer a couple questions and maybe take a quick survey while your at it.  All the data is instantly there and available for the DNR to use.  Win win for everybody.  
Once that is done then it's time for the ceremonial ride thru town!! 
Going to the phone in system is the best thing ever except maybe a text 
I'm happy for you as it sounds like your in a very happy spot in life! cheers 
What do people do with 4 hours of free time every eve? 
At least one hour on USAHP!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:31 pm

I like the call in/ online check in system also. I use to have to drive for miles to try to get a deer checked in. Sometimes when you shoot one in the evening it may be 9-10 pm before you get it out. Then you have to drive to some small gas station that may not be open and like Matt said some dufus comes out and fills out a paper that half the time never made it into the F&W hands. Now I can make a 2 minute  call and go on with the task of skinning and stuff. Now I can get online and pull up my harvest numbers and records for the last 10 years. I love it. There are always going to be people who take advantage of the system but the way I see it those people will find a way no matter what.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum