Good luck Vic & the rest of my fellow Kentucky hunters!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Good luck Vic & the rest of my fellow Kentucky hunters!

Post  shedder on Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:02 am

Vic its killing me not being there yet!  Sunday looks like a super day to put one down!  Best of luck partner!!!!  Just a couple hours away!!!!!!!

Not to leave out our amazing group of Kentucky faithful here!  I hope each and everyone of you have your best and safest seasons ever!!  Knock some fuzzy antler down! BuckShoot arrow
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Good luck Vic & the rest of my fellow Kentucky hunters!

Post  catfish willy on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:35 am

Thanks Matt good luck when you do get out. I'm walking to my stand right now
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:46 am

Thanks Matt! Good luck to you also when ya get here. Had 3 does a wide 9 a skunk and a yote come in this am
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:59 am

Best of luck, keep us up to date. We are all living vicariously thru you until our own season opens up.
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:19 am

Maniac Outdoors wrote:Best of luck, keep us up to date. We are all living vicariously thru you until our own season opens up.
Harry,
When does your season open...it's just a quick hop from Buffalo thru Canada I've always wondered about a little camp up there???
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:40 am

It was slow This morning only seen a doe and a fawn. Thankfully I didn't get in as early as I wanted. Grabbed the card on the way out and the buck that used to run with my target buck along with three other younger bucks were there 15 minutes before me
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:53 pm

Thanks for the update's  guy's been wandering all day how opening morning  went for you all,  it was  53 here this morning   figured you might of all had a good sit, Any of you sitting near corn field's??  I  headed to town early this morning and had deer  coming out  cornfields  early  this morning on that ride down the road way's

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:05 pm

In the stand now it's awesome out! It was 90 just after 1 pm it's 70, overcast and a nice breeze out of the north now. Feel like the deer should move really good. Even got in without bumping any.Twisted Evil
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:27 pm

Boss Gobbler wrote:In the stand now it's awesome out! It was 90 just after 1 pm it's 70, overcast and a nice breeze out of the north now. Feel like the deer should move really good. Even got in without bumping any.Twisted Evil
 So envious of you all out there right now   and being able to  get a shot at a buck or two still in  Velvet
 Enjoy your hunt, Boss-  will send some prayer's up to the  Deer  God that you are blessed with a  Buzzsaw encounter tonight

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:21 pm

It was pretty much the same here as it was for Boss. It felt amazing out it was only about 70 without much humidity and a pretty good breeze going. It was a bit swirly but mostly from the north. Only seen 4 does and fawns though. I'm not near a corn field Barb the stand behind the house is just over looking a grown up hillside surrounded by hay fields.

catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:14 pm

You know the worst part about starting this early? A long season and only 1 tag. Saw 4 bucks and a doe. Was seriously tempted by a 3 1/2 year old 10 point. He looked big but young. Im sure the summer body size and velvet antlers make them look bigger than they are but my trigger finger was itching. Trust me with the mosquitoes swarming, my back cramping, and big set of fuzzy antlers at 10 yards I came really close to checking out early. All I could think though was how nuts it would drive me sitting out the rut. Buzzsaw was a no show which doesnt surprise me. No matter how careful you are the old ones always seem to know when your there.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Boss, wheres your Thermacell ????? Too early for me to be out, I hate the heat !!! I was planning on a dove hunt but then the tornado and severe t-storm warnings started coming in Very Happy !! Good Luck Ky. hunters !! I'll wait until it cools off some Very Happy !!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:28 am

Pa. Bowhunter wrote:Boss, wheres your Thermacell ????? 

Mine gives off a little odor sometime when it burns. I had it mess up some deer once.  I try not to use it unless I have to.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueID_LDS on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:02 am

Heading out to try my luck this morning. Hope I connect on the doe that keeps coming by the pear tree. Would be nice foe some early season success. Good luck to all my KY friends hunting this weekend! Just found out I have to have another surgery on my knee Tuesday so I will be out of commission next week. Should speed up the healing though. Going to cut out scar tissue that is keeping my knee from bending all the way.
BlueID_LDS
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:23 am

Boss, It sounds like you had a great evening last night. I didnt see anything. Thismorning started off with deer busting me. they came in from opposite direction I figued and got my wind.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:00 am

BlueID_LDS wrote:Heading out to try my luck this morning. Hope I connect on the doe that keeps coming by the pear tree. Would be nice foe some early season success. Good luck to all my KY friends hunting this weekend! Just found out I have to have another surgery on my knee Tuesday so I will be out of commission next week. Should speed up the healing though. Going to cut out scar tissue that is keeping my knee from bending all the way.
Good luck on both fronts April!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:18 am

shedder wrote:
Maniac Outdoors wrote:Best of luck, keep us up to date. We are all living vicariously thru you until our own season opens up.
Harry,
When does your season open...it's just a quick hop from Buffalo thru Canada I've always wondered about a little camp up there???

The Michigan bow season starts Oct 1st here Matt
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:21 am

Mountainman Vic wrote:Boss, It sounds like you had a great evening last night. I didnt see anything. Thismorning started off with deer busting me. they came in from opposite direction I figued and got my wind.
Hmm where would I be with a NE wind...is it consistent up on the hilltop or does it swirl?
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:53 am

shedder wrote:
Mountainman Vic wrote:Boss, It sounds like you had a great evening last night. I didnt see anything. Thismorning started off with deer busting me. they came in from opposite direction I figued and got my wind.
Hmm where would I be with a NE wind...is it consistent up on the hilltop or does it swirl?

Yeah, welcome to Ky where the wind is always swirling. Laughing I dont think there is a spot in the northern part of the state with a consistant wind. That is why I am so glad Barb taught me the smoking up trick. Wink
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:08 am

wind stayed NE for me. Ill get it figured out.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueID_LDS on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:56 am

bowGal wrote:Thanks for the update's  guy's been wandering all day how opening morning  went for you all,  it was  53 here this morning   figured you might of all had a good sit, Any of you sitting near corn field's??  I  headed to town early this morning and had deer  coming out  cornfields  early  this morning on that ride down the road way's

Barb, that is the only place I can really hunt right now is near and around our corn field behind our house. We have been seeing a doe with two yearlings several mornings (including yesterday) come out of the corn and eat from our pear tree. I sat out there this morning and of course nothing showed. LOL. Its only the beginning though! Very Happy I cant wait to try again
BlueID_LDS
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:59 am

It is much more consistent at 8-10 mph. When you get down around 2-3mph it will backdraft through the hills and swirl. When it is low the thermals will kill you. I never realized how bad they were until I used a tinks smoking stick. Right before dark it would start sucking down into the creek.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueID_LDS on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:03 am

Boss Gobbler wrote:
shedder wrote:

Yeah, welcome to Ky where the wind is always swirling. Laughing I dont think there is a spot in the northern part of the state with a consistant wind. That is why I am so glad Barb taught me the smoking up trick. Wink

AMEN BOSS! I have the hardest time hunting my property sometimes because of that dang wind around here! Almost anywhere I hunt that NE wind blows my scent right into most of the bedding areas in early season. I've almost decided that a cross wind is about the best I will ever accomplish around here! Smile What smoking trick are you talking about? I could use anything to help!
BlueID_LDS
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueID_LDS on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:05 am

shedder wrote:
BlueID_LDS wrote:Heading out to try my luck this morning. Hope I connect on the doe that keeps coming by the pear tree. Would be nice foe some early season success. Good luck to all my KY friends hunting this weekend! Just found out I have to have another surgery on my knee Tuesday so I will be out of commission next week. Should speed up the healing though. Going to cut out scar tissue that is keeping my knee from bending all the way.
Good luck on both fronts April!

Thanks Shedder!
BlueID_LDS
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:47 pm

AMEN BOSS! I have the hardest time hunting my property sometimes because of that dang wind around here! Almost anywhere I hunt that NE wind blows my scent right into most of the bedding areas in early season. I've almost decided that a cross wind is about the best I will ever accomplish around here! Smile What smoking trick are you talking about? I could use anything to help!
I will let Barb explain it if she wants I learned it from her.  Basically nothing I have ever done worked. Always wore scentlok head to toe and took the showers. Would still get winded. There is nothing that is 100%, but it has worked a lot better for me.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum