im heartbroken

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

im heartbroken

Post  DMW97 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:24 pm

Im heart broken.... i don't even know what to say...neighbor property killed him last night after he ran from me. he didn't even tell me i found out on kentuckyhuntin.net .....4years down the drain.. G3 better look out
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Re: im heartbroken

Post  Willy on Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:10 pm

man that bites.  Well, put it away in the memory banks. I promise you that by the time your 51 you will have a few more stories like that one to talk about around the campfire.  That is a stud of a buck. Congrats to the lucky SOB that got him, sorry it wasn't you.  You should find the ol boy and share some of your history on the buck with him, let him have some of your trail cam pictures. Who knows, you may make a new bud. The hunting thing is funny sometimes. It can bring out the very worst in some and in others it brings out the best. Go shake his hand and tell him congrats.
Then bank it all and get back in there after another. There is a whole lot of season left!
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:23 pm

Willy wrote:man that bites.  Well, put it away in the memory banks. I promise you that by the time your 51 you will have a few more stories like that one to talk about around the campfire.  That is a stud of a buck. Congrats to the lucky SOB that got him, sorry it wasn't you.  You should find the ol boy and share some of your history on the buck with him, let him have some of your trail cam pictures. Who knows, you may make a new bud. The hunting thing is funny sometimes. It can bring out the very worst in some and in others it brings out the best. Go shake his hand and tell him congrats.
Then bank it all and get back in there after another. There is a whole lot of season left!
Ive met him before..he was a complete a$$ hole to me and I dont want anything to do with him.he knew all my history he just started hunting that farm last year. He even knew it was my number 1 target..it is what it is I guess
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:23 pm

That sucks but Willy is wise and right. We all have stories of the one that got away. I know a lot of times we get really attached to certain deer and we forget that they are wild and free ranging. I always liked that 3rd main beam buck better,  maybe that's the deer with your name on it this year. I remember that dude. At least this year he tried to cover up the fact that he wears pink crocs  in the woods.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  wihunter24 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:57 pm

I've had this happen more times than I care to remember.  I've got state land bordering me- I grow them and someone else shoots them.  Every freaking year it happens.  The worst was 2 years ago during gun season.  I roll in the bar / registration station on opening night only to find 7, that's right 7, of my hit list bucks in the back of other people's trucks.  Talk about a sick feeling.

Like others have said, it happens and yes it drives you nuts and there isn't a whole lot you can do.  I'm sure at some point in your hunting career you're going to shoot "somone else's" buck.  The good news is that you've still got a couple shooters left and a lot of season.
wihunter24
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Willy is sooooo dead on with his words. Even if the guy was a jerk to you before, his attitude could change if you dropped by and offered him pictures from previous years. Until you have a high fence around your place to hunt pets instead of wild animals this is a possibility. 

My dream has always been to kill a deer whose main beams turned down. I watched a deer grow up for 3 years and turn in to my dream buck only to visit him at the neighbors house in the pickup truck. I freely shared my pics, which he proudly framed and has on display beside NOSEJOB on his wall. I feel we owe that to these bucks that cause us to lose sleep.  When this happens, our actions are what separate the men from the boys in my eyes.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:01 pm

sorry to hear that David. but like everyone said. take Willy's advice. he is the old wise buck. Its only a deer and all things have a reason. Let it make you a better man Wink
Hey youhave a new number. one buck now.

Dang. pink crocs. Really?

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:32 pm

Mountainman Vic wrote:

You didnt hear it from me. Twisted Evil

Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:36 pm

I had that deer on camera to last year he was number 4 on hitlist I didn't mind him killing him rho he was a newbie and I was after the 8. this was actually only night I got pictures of him cuz next morning pink boy killed it.
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckslayerNY13 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:44 pm

That guy is a joke!! Sorry to hear about that. I'm sure there's another stud out there that will pass your path
BuckslayerNY13
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:14 pm

BuckslayerNY13 wrote:That guy is a joke!! 

You didnt hear it from me

Haha thanks y'all. Cheered me up a bit by makin a little fun of crocs Surprised ...
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  MEhunter on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:17 am

Man that blows! Sorry to hear! Like everyone else said though it happens all the time. Hope you end up scoring with one of your other targets. Never know what else might wonder onto your ground once the rut kicks in as well! Evidently there are some nice deer in the area. Good luck the rest of the way.

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckRubIL on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:26 am

Agree with Willy and everyone else on this one, it sucks but it happens.  It's happened to me way more times than I've killed my target buck.  I used to take it pretty hard, but now it's just part of the game.  I shared some of my pics/history with an older guy who killed a deer I was after for a few years and he was very happy when I did so.  We now share info about the deer in our area openly, and hopefully one day he'll return the favor when I kill a deer he's been watching. Smile
BuckRubIL
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:37 pm

So sorry for you David, knew you had your heart set on that  big ole  8, 
 Kind of sound's like you and this guy  are hunting very close to one another,  and hunting the same deer,
It is all part of it,    like  everyone has  posted,
-    It happen's to us year after year,  I still  to this day  wish I knew what happen to a few of our history buck's  and  I would love nothing more then to  sit down and share photo's and history stories from  of all these bucks , we loved  / and respected with  the hunter's that  took them,
 At least you know   What happen to him.!!!!!!!!! Sound's like  you have tried to be the  Better Man,dealing with this guy before,  and he was a butt head- which is  such a shame, In the  good ole day's we would get together with all our neighbors  share photo's   ,  We were all on the same page,  We wanted certain bucks to be   put on hit list and  would all agree to pass one's that needed  a few more year's,- We  had certain buck's that meant more to one of us then the other, And  ( example  if  buddy Rizzo had his heart set on a buck- and he can on us - we would not shoot him,  and if  I  or Larry had one  that we wanted the neighbor's would do the same sorry to ramble:
 but 

There is something that had me a little concerned tho, As you had this buck  with you until  8:00pm or even a few minutes later if  I recall correctly  in one of your post, and this buck was killed that same night? What time  does/ did it get dark there??????( I would of thought by then  legal shooting light would of  ended, scratch(  Do not  know if   Kentucky even has this  law in their  game  regulations;)
And it look's  like this hunter spine shot this buck,  
 I read a story today from another hunter in Kentucky and he posted a picture of    a buck his son shot last night and  he posted it was getting  very dark when his boy shot,  and that buck was also spine shot,,

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:30 pm

There is something that had me a little concerned tho, As you had this buck  with you until  8:00pm or even a few minutes later if  I recall correctly  in one of your post, and this buck was killed that same night? What time  does/ did it get dark there??????( I would of thought by then  legal shooting light would of  ended, scratch(  Do not  know if   Kentucky even has this  law in their  game  regulations;)
 I read a story today from another hunter in Kentucky and he posted a picture of    a buck his son shot last night and  he posted it was getting  very dark when his boy shot,  and that buck was also spine shot,,
Tjats a good question I should look into that..ik I can see my pins until 8:35 ...he came Into me at 8 and they guy who killed him said he shot him at 8:14
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:50 pm

If he did spine shoot him, Why is he wearing a head lamp ?
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:33 pm

bowGal wrote:There is something that had me a little concerned tho, As you had this buck  with you until  8:00pm or even a few minutes later if  I recall correctly  in one of your post, and this buck was killed that same night? What time  does/ did it get dark there??????( I would of thought by then  legal shooting light would of  ended, scratch(  Do not  know if   Kentucky even has this  law in their  game  regulations;)

The laws says 30 mins before sunrise and 30 mins after sunset, which has always left some room for judgement. If you go by the way the law reads, our sunset time right now is at 7:59pm, so legally you could shoot until 8:29pm. I hunted inside the woods this weekend and was climbing down by 8pm it got dark there fast. I could see however if hunting in a completely open field, that you could shoot until around 8:30pm.

Last edited by Boss Gobbler on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:33 pm

Barb, Kentuckey's time is all jacked up. they are far enough west that they are 1/2 hour behind my home time for sunrise and sunset. The sunset was at 8:01 that night so he could have shot it at 8:15 easy

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:15 pm

Maniac Outdoors wrote:If he did spine shoot him, Why is he wearing a head lamp ?
He said he tracked em and found him 40yrds away
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckslayerNY13 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:44 pm

Something just doesn't seem right
BuckslayerNY13
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:18 am

I don't think he spine shot it. He blew thru it...looks like it was right under his stand.

Sorry it happened to ya David but that's the beauty of hunting a wild deer and not a deer behind a 
Fence.  If it was Simply just a matter of putting your time on stand then I don't really know how 
Fun that would be.  These trying times in the deer's woods are what makes your successes mean
Something special.  As others have said you have two other GIANTS that have been in front of your 
Cams all summer and with the Big 8 and your neighbor out of the picture this property is YOURS!  
Who knows... Without the Pink Crocs on the other side of your property line...imagine what might
Saunter into your stand!!
As Boss said you still have the 3rd main beam buck and G3 that seems to like your presence!
I can't wait to see what fate brings your way this season.

Last edited by shedder on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:29 am; edited 2 times in total
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

I

Post  chukbuk on Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:20 am

That's part of hunting!  Passed up a really tall G-3 8 pointer one gun season cause I didn't like the shot even though I know I could have made it.  Moments later, bang ....a guy I didn't even know was there got him.  I helped the guy take photos and drag the deer up hill.  Took a chance and met a really nice hunter that day then didn't feel bad about passing the buck up!
      Seems you have some thinking to do!  I'd have a tough time with this guy, he's shown some signs of being questionable.  I'd try to find out more about him before revealing that I am a hunter that runs a lot of trailcams.  Could be he rubbed you wrong the first encounter and is a good guy but I'm a little more suspicious than that.  Just too many encounters with slobs for me I guess...I hate that that has jaded me!
      I'll be anxious to hear your success story, as I coach, I tell my athletes that your failures fuel your success.  Your mind will likely drift to the what ifs about that buck in the many hours you spend in the stand...keep your daydreams short, that next big one might step in the shooting lane, you have to be ready for him!
       Good stuff from all the forum friends as usual....I love this place!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:12 am

Oh man, sorry to hear it!  That is always a real tough pill to swallow. Move on, you have some great other deer around, slip an arrow into one of them and you will feel better. Your right though, it just plain sucks when that happens and it will always be a part of hunting. Good luck with the rest of the season!

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:23 am

And there go the rest of the deer right there -__- man I hope this apple orchard has some good deer runnin around...
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:24 am

He is just messing with you. If the whitetail tags are even close to elk commissioner tags I doubt someone working at a public school could afford two. If you can even buy whitetails. That's buckfever on the other site he is pretty much an equal opportunist he stirs the pot every chance he sees.
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum