im heartbroken

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: im heartbroken

Post  Boss Gobbler on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:05 pm

I agree those tags are up for grab to anyone. They are usually auctioned off by groups like the NWTF for fundraising. I doubt if he bought one, much less two. I would keep hunting that place hard. All they are trying to do is talk you into giving up and leaving.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:11 pm

David is this that same hunting site that was posting photo's of someone  else  buck picture's??????
 I  saw the link you posted earlier, I think  I would leave that site and by all mean  stop sharing any deer info /  photo's on it Crying or Very sad

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:13 pm

bowGal wrote:David is this that same hunting site that was posting photo's of someone  else  buck picture's??????
 I  saw the link you posted earlier, I think  I would leave that site and by all mean  stop sharing any deer info /  photo's on it Crying or Very sad
x2 For sure I wouldn't be sharing any info on there.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:07 pm

bowGal wrote:David is this that same hunting site that was posting photo's of someone  else  buck picture's??????

Definitely limit the amount of info you share anywhere,  that is something we all do. It's not because we don't want to share with our friends, people are always lurking. They see you have nice deer and that you are in their area and they start digging for info. Next thing you know they are knocking on doors in the area. As for the site unless you are going to join the crowd and just cause trouble it's useless. There is no info there that is worth getting.  Any question you could ask can be answered here 100x better by more qualified people.  I have had my stuff show up there several times,  when I contacted the site and asked that it be taken down I was told sorry about your luck. It's sad but nothing you read or see there can be believed.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:13 pm

I knew they raffled them off at banquets and stuff but wasn't sure about buying them outright. If you can I couldn't imagine a lawyer like Ballard not buying one as bad as he wanted to kill the non typical Vlad the year he shot ed. It's the same one Barb but we never share anything there. Just keep an eye on it to see what a few certain people kill and see some horrible advice and read some arguments
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:46 pm

This is all on mine and Jacobs facebook page "Chadin The Dream outdoors" according to CW that guys on that website full of butheads so I guess there gunna slowly migrate over..its a shame some people these days
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:09 pm

Iv been at my dad's and iv been just told what is been said. Kentucky hunting is full of jerks. There can't be a thread on there without somebody starting something or calling the guy stupid or something like that. It's worse than ArcheryTalk. I would never share anything on that website.
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:44 pm

Don't let it consume you.  You can't nor should you ever control your neighbors.  Take a step back and remember what you are in the woods for.  Do not let yourself worry about what others are doing on the other side of the fence.  You can do nothing about it except let it take over your season or your life if you so choose.  His property borders yours on only one side...there are three other sides and whose to say the deer are going to his land first?  If I remember they were coming for your stand in the first place...Fate plays funny games sometimes.  Let the game play out for a bit.  You might like how it ends!  Maybe fate is pushing you to that apple orchard but I would not give up on a place that has so many big bucks running around not just yet anyway.
It doesn't matter how many pics we get of a deer.  As Roger Raglin once told me when I was down and dejected...you just have to remember it's just a deer!  As beautiful and majestic as they just a deer.  
He's gone shot legally by a fellow hunter with a quick humane kill. We can't ask for much more than that...much better than going down with EHD, Coyotes or hit by a car.  You've got 4 months to find yourself a buck!  
Enjoy your season you are only a week into it!  Go find yourself this years little nubbins buck and get down on your hands and knees and see if you can get another trailcam like last year!! 
One is down but there is so much more to enjoy!  My buddy just shot a 195+ typical in KY full velvet!  Buck of a lifetime...go get your first buck of a lifetime!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:51 pm

shedder wrote:Don't let it consume you.  You can't nor should you ever control your neighbors.  Take a step back and remember what you are in the woods for.  Do not let yourself worry about what others are doing on the other side of the fence.  You can do nothing about it except let it take over your season or your life if you so choose.  His property borders yours on only one side...there are three other sides and whose to say the deer are going to his land first?  If I remember they were coming for your stand in the first place...Fate plays funny games sometimes.  Let the game play out for a bit.  You might like how it ends!  Maybe fate is pushing you to that apple orchard but I would not give up on a place that has so many big bucks running around not just yet anyway.
It doesn't matter how many pics we get of a deer.  As Roger Raglin once told me when I was down and dejected...you just have to remember it's just a deer!  As beautiful and majestic as they just a deer.  
He's gone shot legally by a fellow hunter with a quick humane kill. We can't ask for much more than that...much better than going down with EHD, Coyotes or hit by a car.  You've got 4 months to find yourself a buck!  
Enjoy your season you are only a week into it!  Go find yourself this years little nubbins buck and get down on your hands and knees and see if you can get another trailcam like last year!! 
One is down but there is so much more to enjoy!  My buddy just shot a 195+ typical in KY full velvet!  Buck of a lifetime...go get your first buck of a lifetime!!
Thanks Matt Smile
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  wihunter24 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:18 pm

shedder wrote:Don't let it consume you.  You can't nor should you ever control your neighbors.  Take a step back and remember what you are in the woods for.  Do not let yourself worry about what others are doing on the other side of the fence.  You can do nothing about it except let it take over your season or your life if you so choose.  His property borders yours on only one side...there are three other sides and whose to say the deer are going to his land first?  If I remember they were coming for your stand in the first place...Fate plays funny games sometimes.  Let the game play out for a bit.  You might like how it ends!  Maybe fate is pushing you to that apple orchard but I would not give up on a place that has so many big bucks running around not just yet anyway.

Pretty much sums it up.  You're a week into your season- there's still a ton of time left.  

You think losing 1 deer to the neighbors is bad.....  Try being like me and losing 7 of your hitlist bucks to your neighbors in one weekend.  Talk about a kick to the gut.  Every year I lose at least one 145"+ deer to the neighbors or state land that borders me.  It drives me nuts.  But, at the end of the day like Matt said, it's just a deer.  Use it as motivation to work harder, hunter smarter, pay attention to details better etc....
wihunter24
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  lungbuster on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:13 am

Same thing happened to me a few years back.  I had a great young buck on camera, which I had bassed on multiple occassions.  I was really excited to see what this buck would turn into in another year or two.  Well, he wandered onto the neighbor's property during gun season.  They have the old "If it's brown it's down mentality."  Needless to say, he didn't make it.  It is always a tough pill to swallow when a neighbor kills a  buck you were after or one you have history with that you were trying to let grow.  However, one thing I have learned over the years is... there are ALWAYS more and bigger bucks out there!  You never know when a buck from their property will wander onto yours.  Keep your head up and continue to hunt hard.  The season is young, and everything happens for a reason.

lungbuster
12 Point
12 Point

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum