On of those days...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On of those days...

Post  shedder on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:47 am

I went to check my first camera of the day.  I have not been to this cam in this hidden oat field in about a month. High expectations of what would be on this card pull!
And the MP8 is still on setup mode geek
Damn!
Off to cam #2
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: On of those days...

Post  Mountainman Vic on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:03 pm

Dont you just hate that.lol. I only had 1 so far this year

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:55 pm

Got off on a deer trail that led to a nice little depression filled pine thicket!  I himmed-N-hawed at putting a camera right at the point where the trail came out of the pines or farther up the ridge where it bisected a dry creek crossing for double the action...
I decided to double my odds and went with the intersection of trails at the creek crossing...hoping the deer would stay on the trail coming out of the pine thicket and not veer off before getting to my camera...
Plus it's a little less pressure on the deer.

I ventured off toward the tops for a quick look and was not disappointed! Marked two spots on the 
GPS where Big L and I will be building our branch blinds in the next few weeks!

It's always nice to find White Oaks in the middle of a mixed soft woods forest!!  Nothing like food and
Security all in one!

I'm excited to see what this place will bring...it's been my biggest producer over the years!  With my 
Avitar buck being one of them Very Happy
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Willy on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Leave your Camera in set up mode ? What a Rookie mistake. I'm glad I've never done that before .......... Rolling Eyes
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:14 pm

You know one of the nice things about the old Cuddiebacks and Moltrie's was that they would just turn on after so many minutes when you did that.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:53 pm

Willy wrote:Leave your Camera in set up mode ? What a Rookie mistake. I'm glad I've never done that before .......... Rolling Eyes
 Yep lol  found one this weekend I had done the same thing on Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  wihunter24 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:59 pm

bowGal wrote:
Willy wrote:Leave your Camera in set up mode ? What a Rookie mistake. I'm glad I've never done that before .......... Rolling Eyes
 Yep lol  found one this weekend I had done the same thing on Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Been there and done that a time or two.  

Or you could also take a camera down last year in December and scope out a potential new area to put it.  Instead of putting it up, you put it away in your closet for the year.  Spring rolls around and you put all your other cameras, except this one camera that you remember taking down initially but can't remember where you put it.  You assume it's still on a tree or has been stolen.  You spend months looking at every tree and fence post in the area and can't find it anywhere.  Depression and anger set in.  2 weeks before bow season opens up, you're digging through your closet and pulling out all your camo, gear etc.... You open a plastic tub and grab a camo jacket and it's like you've won the lottery.  Under the jacket is the camera that mysteriously went missing last winter, complete with a memory card in it full of pics. 

Glad I've never done that before Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Thinking
wihunter24
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:14 pm

wihunter24 wrote:
bowGal wrote:

Been there and done that a time or two.  

Or you could also take a camera down last year in December and scope out a potential new area to put it.  Instead of putting it up, you put it away in your closet for the year.  Spring rolls around and you put all your other cameras, except this one camera that you remember taking down initially but can't remember where you put it.  You assume it's still on a tree or has been stolen.  You spend months looking at every tree and fence post in the area and can't find it anywhere.  Depression and anger set in.  2 weeks before bow season opens up, you're digging through your closet and pulling out all your camo, gear etc.... You open a plastic tub and grab a camo jacket and it's like you've won the lottery.  Under the jacket is the camera that mysteriously went missing last winter, complete with a memory card in it full of pics. 

Glad I've never done that before Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Thinking
 LOve it !!!!!! been there done that

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down