My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:20 pm

Boss Gobbler wrote:Personally I can respect not wanting the pics out there. I will give you 2 reasons why, anyone remember these bucks, The King buck, or Mitch Rompola? What could have possibly been two World record contenders but because of the pre scoring hype and BS they are now both clouded with controversy. Any time a huge buck pops up there is instant controversy and in the end some hunters get beat up so bad and drug through the mud they are like screw it I will just take my deer and disappear.
Very well said Boss, There is a older gentleman I personally know that would probably hold the world record for most Boone and Crockett bucks who resides in the midwest. To this day he will never ever enter any of his bucks or be published in any magazine out there. Like Boss said people will start throwing out accusations and so forth, So he stays QUIET.
avatar
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

Posts : 8684
Join date : 2009-03-30
Location : Goodland twp,Mich

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  shedder on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:26 pm

soil wrote:I'm with you barb!  Id rather not hear about it at all than have people whispering around about how great it is but you can't see it. Feels like grade school. On another note, I don't get why It would hurt to have pics fly around. It's the story that gets people to buy the magazine. How many of the big bucks in NAW have you seen all over the internet before they are in the magazine?  It's a high percentage. It's the story that is the draw, a teaser pic or two is what peaks interest in the story and makes people buy a magazine when they see a big deer that they remember from earlier in the year.
Feels like grade school...REALLY???
Here's the "we can't post a post with out a pic post"...I'll do my best to find it in a pop up pictorial article for you. study
I don't get it 
The post is my buddy shot a giant typical in full velvet with his bow that should go over 195 if it's scored the way it appears to be.  
If you need a visual take that really big buck from Canada with less spread more mass and maybe 10" less in antler measurements and less spread now throw velvet on it.  Does that work for ya???

So I'm immature, sophomoric, anything else??? Cause I won't put a picture on a post to satisfy you?!  I'm GRADE SCHOOL ha??
What is the whispering sh#%?  Like I'm conniving & deceitful or something ARE YOU DRUNK?
I shutter at the RED LETTERED NAME stomping on my face.
What about this bothers you to the point that you felt the need to call me out?
And yet I still post no pic!
So tell your buddy sends you a text with a pic of a giant buck that he just killed.  He asks you to hold off and not pass the photo around yet because he is talking to a major magazine in the next week.  So are you telling me you are posting it???  Then you are an a$$!
avatar
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Posts : 3621
Join date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  Mountainman Vic on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:51 pm

Is it getting hot in here or is it just me? No pic needed here Matt. I figure its a beautiful buck and I'll see it when I see it. And I'm sure if its the caliber you say, I'll be seeing it soon enough. Right now Barb still has me bumming that it wasn't me.  lol!

_________________
When they come for your guns, Make sure to give them your bullets first!
avatar
Mountainman Vic
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Posts : 5027
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 45
Location : Cameron co. PA

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  shedder on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:49 am

I understand wanting to see a picture.  This whole post was to benefit our friend Chad and Harry!  If you want to be silly about it I'll just say he had already talked to one of the top American Hunting Magazines the day I made my post.  I talked to him about how great BGI Magazine was and that he should talk to them before deciding on which way to go.
avatar
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Posts : 3621
Join date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  soil on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:52 am

Matt, I will apologize now for hurting your feelings. I will wait till this evening to respond on the computer rather than on my phone as it may be lengthy.
avatar
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Posts : 2063
Join date : 2010-07-11
Age : 34
Location : Southern Illinois

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  MEhunter on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:03 am

It's on FB now, buddy of mine shared a photo/story of it today that was posted by someone else on another site. If you want the story to stay quiet you can't tell a soul. I can see both sides of the story on posting it or not. I know several guys who choose not to post any of their trophies or have them scored because they don't want the attention. Never been a fan of "selling" a story of a downed animal, but I've never shot a whitetail any where near that caliber and probably never will. $$$$$ and "records" ruin a lot of things for me, as soon as someone shoots a record every rumor and story about the guy comes out. Very very rarely do you see a so called record class animal shot or caught (fish) and someone doesn't have something bad to say about the guy or how the animal was taken. In some cases even feel bad for some guys that hold a few records up this way. Congrats to the hunter on a super buck, even though it's leaked I'm sure he will get his face in some magazines and make some $$$ like he wants. I'm sure there will be 100s of stories along the way about how and where this buck was killed, god bless the internet and the wildfire it spreads when people start the chatter about a big buck being killed. As soon as it's been posted once in one place, the picture/story has been saved/copied/reposted/texted a 1000 times over.

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Posts : 815
Join date : 2010-06-24
Location : Maine

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  Boss Gobbler on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:51 am

Very well said.  As much as I dream about killing a typical that gross 200", I pray to God that I never kill one that nets it.Shocked Razz Laughing
avatar
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Posts : 1367
Join date : 2009-07-28
Location : KY

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  shedder on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:08 am

I'm on your page there...if I ever kill a big one I don't think I would put it out on the internet.
avatar
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Posts : 3621
Join date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  bowGal on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:16 pm

MEhunter wrote:It's on FB now, buddy of mine shared a photo/story of it today that was posted by someone else on another site. If you want the story to stay quiet you can't tell a soul. I can see both sides of the story on posting it or not. I know several guys who choose not to post any of their trophies or have them scored because they don't want the attention. Never been a fan of "selling" a story of a downed animal, but I've never shot a whitetail any where near that caliber and probably never will. $$$$$ and "records" ruin a lot of things for me, as soon as someone shoots a record every rumor and story about the guy comes out. Very very rarely do you see a so called record class animal shot or caught (fish) and someone doesn't have something bad to say about the guy or how the animal was taken. In some cases even feel bad for some guys that hold a few records up this way. Congrats to the hunter on a super buck, even though it's leaked I'm sure he will get his face in some magazines and make some $$$ like he wants. I'm sure there will be 100s of stories along the way about how and where this buck was killed, god bless the internet and the wildfire it spreads when people start the chatter about a big buck being killed. As soon as it's been posted once in one place, the picture/story has been saved/copied/reposted/texted a 1000 times over.
Bravo Bravo  reply Dave!!
 And yes I have  seen this buck's photo's and the read  the first story,
 But   I am not very happy with  one post that was made on this site, that  reply was very uncalled ,

_________________
USAHUNTINGPROS.COM ProStaff
Carbon Impact
Wildlife Research Center-http://www.wildlife.com/
Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
avatar
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Posts : 16797
Join date : 2009-04-19
Age : 56
Location : Pike,Adam's Co, Il

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  Boss Gobbler on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:41 pm

Ok as a forum member from Kentucky I have the inside scoop on this deer. As it turns out that was the only big deer in the state,  so everyone can leave the woods and stop hunting for him.
avatar
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Posts : 1367
Join date : 2009-07-28
Location : KY

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  bowright on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:26 pm

Dang, I haven't even seen the deer and I've lost interest in it already. 

I haven't killed any giant deer, but have killed some decent ones and found some big sheds. I was approached about doing an article for a magazine, and I declined. The one that was going to do the story told me it would really help him out in the long run (he was a friend) and I considered it for a but then declined. I could care less for a magazine article or anything of mine being published. Maybe that's just me. But within a week of killing a deer of a lifetime, I definitely wouldn't be thinking of which magazine I want to be in. Enjoy the high of accomplishment of killing a giant. I share pics with my friends and if they post em on a website, I don't care. If I didn't want it shared, I wouldn't send it to anyone. 

That's just my personal thoughts. Some people strive to be on the cover of the next big buck magazine.
avatar
bowright
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Posts : 1065
Join date : 2009-08-08
Age : 36
Location : Southern MO

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  Godfather on Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:36 pm

Unfortunately in today's world there really isn't any way to stop a picture from spreading unless there were no pics taken of the animal. I'm pretty sure I saw a pic of this buck on Facebook the day before Matt posted about it(either that or I need to start hunting in Kentucky, giants behind every tree!! LOL!). I probably won't ever have to worry about any magazines searching me out, unless they want to an article on how to get spikes and four points in front of your trail camera. As I once again this fall have plenty of them to go around! 


Congrats to the hunter by the way! I am looking forward to reading bout the deer hopefully soon.
avatar
Godfather
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Posts : 4008
Join date : 2009-05-30
Age : 42
Location : Butler, PA

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  catfish willy on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:16 pm

It's back up at real tree and of course the first comment is Ballard stirring stuff up.
avatar
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Posts : 849
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 23
Location : Henry County KY

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  shedder on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:50 pm

bowright wrote:Dang, I haven't even seen the deer and I've lost interest in it already. 

I haven't killed any giant deer, but have killed some decent ones and found some big sheds. I was approached about doing an article for a magazine, and I declined. The one that was going to do the story told me it would really help him out in the long run (he was a friend) and I considered it for a but then declined. I could care less for a magazine article or anything of mine being published. Maybe that's just me. But within a week of killing a deer of a lifetime, I definitely wouldn't be thinking of which magazine I want to be in. Enjoy the high of accomplishment of killing a giant. I share pics with my friends and if they post em on a website, I don't care. If I didn't want it shared, I wouldn't send it to anyone. 

That's just my personal thoughts. Some people strive to be on the cover of the next big buck magazine.



 
why do you think he's searching for anything?  The magazine called him he didn't call the magazine...they came looking for him. AGAIN this post is only here because I...Me...SHEDDER not the hunter asked him to hang on because I thought Chad would love to see this deer...give him a chance. So he didn't look for either magazine our own Chad's BGI or NAW.  The only reason he asked me to hold off on the pic was because that night someone from NAW was coming to see him...again he didn't go looking for any magazine.  I guess it's true you shoot a big one and everyone has to have their dig! 
Welcome to ugliness of the whitetail world...
avatar
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Posts : 3621
Join date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  bowright on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:35 pm

shedder wrote:



 
why do you think he's searching for anything?  The magazine called him he didn't call the magazine...they came looking for him. AGAIN this post is only here because I...Me...SHEDDER not the hunter asked him to hang on because I thought Chad would love to see this deer...give him a chance. So he didn't look for either magazine our own Chad's BGI or NAW.  The only reason he asked me to hold off on the pic was because that night someone from NAW was coming to see him...again he didn't go looking for any magazine.  I guess it's true you shoot a big one and everyone has to have their dig! 
Welcome to ugliness of the whitetail world...

How the hell was that a dig? I was stating an opinion on the matter. You guys are wanting it to be hush hush no picture till a magazine is done with him.....

Boy you are sadly mistaken if you think I have a ting of jealousy over a whitetail that someone took. I'll be the first to congratulate the man, if he ever let's it be known on his own but from the sounds of it, it's already on Facebook.
avatar
bowright
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Posts : 1065
Join date : 2009-08-08
Age : 36
Location : Southern MO

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  BuckRubIL on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:38 pm

Unless there was another giant typical killed in Kentucky at the same time, I saw the pics on FB right after he killed it... and if I recall correctly they were from the hunter himself.  I think it popped up on my news feed because someone else I'm friends with liked it, but it talked about him having a rough hunt but he decided to stick it out until the last minute and it paid off with a giant.

I'm with some of the others on this one, if you want to keep it quiet don't tell anyone or only share your pics in person and don't send them out.  As for myself, I could care less if pictures get spread around.  Someone else stated it before, but I read the magazines for the story behind the hunt, not just the picture of the deer.  I do hope Chad and BGI get to print the article, but I don't see why posting the pic here is such a big deal when it's already been released via social media.

BTW, I'd take a twin of that deer walking by my stand Oct. 1st... velvet optional. Smile
avatar
BuckRubIL
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Posts : 6780
Join date : 2009-05-13
Age : 32
Location : Central IL

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  shedder on Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:08 pm

"But within a week of killing a deer of a lifetime, I definitely wouldn't be thinking of which magazine I want to be in. "


That's all...
40 replies on a post isn't hush hush...just no pic.  
You know the best selling book of all time thru out the whole world is the Bible...no pics there either.

Time to lock this silly post once and for all cause I'll keep sticking up for a friend...
All this because you had to get pissed off about not having a pic with a post!  
Yikes 
And I'm the bad guy???
avatar
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Posts : 3621
Join date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  soil on Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:41 pm

soil wrote:Id rather not hear about it at all than have people whispering around about how great it is but you can't see it. Feels like grade school.

just for reference, Matt, there's my original quote above. i never called you out and would never call you immature, sophomoric, conniving, deceitful or stomp on your face.  and to answer your question to me, no, i wasn't drunk, nor have i ever been drunk. 

i imagine that most of us would like to add new members to the site and have lots of new posts to look at on a daily basis.  as i checked back in on this thread a few times it seemed very exclusive.  there's a group in the know, then there's everyone else.  the part that seems odd is that the in the know group keeps posting publicly back and forth about the deer further excluding anyone else who is checking in to see the deer.  it seems to me those coversations would be more suited to private messages.  my grade school comment was aimed at that environment, not at you or any other individual.  it made me think of sitting down at a table full of kids who are looking at me and laughing, then when i ask whats so funny, they reply "inside joke".  it made sense in my head at the time, but i admit i didn't really explain that too well. 

it doesn't bother me not to see the picture, because it will come out soon enough and i'll gladly read the story when it does.  i'd love to tell the guy congratulations!  i'm not mad about the picture not being posted.  i wasn't mad at all, i just felt like an outsider looking in and i can't be the only one who felt that way.  i'm a pretty regular reader and poster.  i imagine a first timer might see a post like that and not want to return. 

and on your last point, i have a couple very close friends who i hunt with frequently.  they know about the site, they've been known to lurk a bit.  they kill big deer yearly.  they get bigger deer on camera than i do each year.  one was in NAW.  they do not want their pictures shared, and i gladly withhold the pictures they send me in confidence.  i don't even show them to other people, let alone send them or post them. 

so basically, the vibe i got with this thread was that it was a private conversation between a few people being conducted publicly.  and it seemed odd.
avatar
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Posts : 2063
Join date : 2010-07-11
Age : 34
Location : Southern Illinois

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  wihunter24 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:42 pm

avatar
wihunter24
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 33
Location : Western Wisconsin (God's Country)

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  wihunter24 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:54 pm

bowright wrote:Dang, I haven't even seen the deer and I've lost interest in it already. 

I haven't killed any giant deer, but have killed some decent ones and found some big sheds. I was approached about doing an article for a magazine, and I declined. The one that was going to do the story told me it would really help him out in the long run (he was a friend) and I considered it for a but then declined. I could care less for a magazine article or anything of mine being published. Maybe that's just me. But within a week of killing a deer of a lifetime, I definitely wouldn't be thinking of which magazine I want to be in. Enjoy the high of accomplishment of killing a giant. I share pics with my friends and if they post em on a website, I don't care. If I didn't want it shared, I wouldn't send it to anyone. 

That's just my personal thoughts. Some people strive to be on the cover of the next big buck magazine.

Brian's post pretty much summed up my feelings.....
avatar
wihunter24
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 33
Location : Western Wisconsin (God's Country)

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  bowGal on Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:35 pm

shedder wrote:"But within a week of killing a deer of a lifetime, I definitely wouldn't be thinking of which magazine I want to be in. "


That's all...
40 replies on a post isn't hush hush...just no pic.  
You know the best selling book of all time thru out the whole world is the Bible...no pics there either.

Time to lock this silly post once and for all cause I'll keep sticking up for a friend...
All this because you had to get pissed off about not having a pic with a post!  
Yikes 
And I'm the bad guy???
 Matt seriously, and I do not mean to  tick you off- MANY OF  US .  could post  the pictures of this buck that are already being shared all over the   Internet,,  I  honestly have not  posted the Photo's ( and  could have since  I  was the first one to post   why can we not see the photo's  that  had already been  put up on  Realtree)  I had seen and  read the story   already in  text message's, -
 So  because  of both you and  Harry's  promise to  Tim, I was not going to share them- And  by no means would I want him to  think it was because  of either  of you or Harry, that   His beauty of  a buck were shared on this site, It is pretty clear none of us   have shared the photo's or story here , for the forum to see or read,
 And go back and read all the replies, _NO_ONE called you the  bad guy! period 
 You  my  friend  Over Reacted, And  All is  good,
 Would I like to delete some of your comment's   Yes - and I did remove one of your sentence's,   Some of our  name's are in   Red Letter's for a reason!
 And  Why on earth  should this  Topic be locked????

  There was nothing negative   posted - until you  felt the need to  over react to one post,
It is over it  is  done,  Congrat's to  Tim - on a  dream   buck we all would of loved to had a shot at!!!!
 He   made the mistake of sharing - none of us did!!!!!!!
 And Zack that popcorn really looks good

_________________
USAHUNTINGPROS.COM ProStaff
Carbon Impact
Wildlife Research Center-http://www.wildlife.com/
Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
avatar
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Posts : 16797
Join date : 2009-04-19
Age : 56
Location : Pike,Adam's Co, Il

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  chukbuk on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:16 am

Wow, sensitive topic!  Last year when I learned of the monster buck a guy a know shot, I asked him before I shared the pic.  Since it was already posted elsewhere, he didn't mind!  Think I would keep my word if he asked me not to....not much you can do once it's already leaked.  Hunters with no friendship or shared common bond are likely not to know they are spreading a pic that wasn't meant to go "around"... Tough situation!  
       On the lighter side...  add me to the camp that feels sharing your pics and story of a trophy is wonderful but it does come with a risk.  I'd have to think hard about it, but probably would as that's a big part of the hunt...gathering at the campfire to tell stories.
avatar
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Posts : 990
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 57
Location : Stockton, NJ

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  Bakerman on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:05 pm

All that over a deer.......very disappointing

Bakerman
12 Point
12 Point

Posts : 230
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 42
Location : Iowa

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  shedder on Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:41 am

Yeah I got heated the more people either directly or indirectly referred to my buddy as someone going for a big payday or a cover shot.  I'm sorry for those of you who are sick of this story already and felt the need to let me know that as well.  Along with everybody who was upset with me for not understanding why I would not put the pic up when it was already on the internet...
There is also a very good reason why it seems like Harry and I were in on a secret...but sometimes things in this world would become a whole lot clearer if people took the time to ask others how there live's are going...then some things would be a whole lot less frustrating to you ;)  I'm not talking about my life here.
Yes, Tim put his deer kill on his FB page.  Thats how NAW mag got word and got in touch with Tim.  Tim didn't shot this buck with dollar signs rolling in his head.  Come on folks thats an insult to him as a person and his passion for hunting.  Hell, he's just like all of us.  He use to live not too far from me in NY and always dreamed of those giant midwest whitetails.  He followed his dreams and moved to Iowa...So when I say, "my buddy" its not a loose term he really is my buddy.  If you remember my Iowa dream buck encounter I had with the deer I called Diablo...That was on Tim's farm...So protective of my friends I am.  To a fault I admit but I would do again in a heartbeat...its the way I was raised.  To watch your friends backs and I felt as if there was too much unnecessary personal attacks on a guy who has done nothing but shoot a giant buck! 
So, NAW magazine contacted Tim on the evening he sent me the text with the pic of his buck.  The first thing I thought of was Chad and Big Game Illustrated...He needs to see this deer!  So I tell Tim about Chad and Harry and BGI.  I asked Tim if I could give them his contact number so I did...again this wasn't anything Tim had in mind it was what I had said to him...So money and fame really were not in his sights...
I then asked Tim if I could post the pic on here and he said well i think you probably should hold off based on what NAW has to say later tonight.  I left it at that.  



As far as responding to some of the posts.  
I think one can say that the disappointment of the posts can be look at the other way as well...was my reply harsh yup...uncalled for... :?: 
As a final note  I would like to apologize for going over the edge.  I let a lot of things in this post that singularly would not have bothered me so much but together with some of the hatred that my poor friend has to hear in the whitetail world just makes my heart ache!  
Hes a great guy who shot a great deer and you would think he committed a capital crime.  Thats our so called hunting community.  It completely makes me sick.
With this reply I am done.
avatar
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Posts : 3621
Join date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:38 am

WOW !!! I get extremely busy for a few days and all hell breaks loose !!
I will not make this next comment towards anybody on here , its not geared towards anybody and PLEASE do not take it that way , its just a general " a big was killed"  comment ,
This is exactly why friendships get torn apart, stories fly all over , people get accused of "cheating" , the 2nd grader comes out , the attitudes fly and so on , why , because of ONE freaking deer !!!
So what , a big buck was killed. Was it a good one , hell I don't know because I haven't seen it. Congrats to the hunter !!!!! Yes I get it , we all would like to see a picture of this buck , but not seeing a pic of this buck means absolutely zero to me , its not a life or death thing to see it , I'm sure I will see it someday in whatever magazine it may come out in . I truly have way more important things to worry about but damn does it have to come to all of this ????? I would love to see Chad and his crew get the story , mainly because I have talked with Chad and he seems like a stand up kind of guy and as far as NAW , well I can't stand that magazine anymore anyway. Somebody , maybe a few , have said the best way to keep something quiet is to not tell anyone or take any pics. Very true but then that just lets more negative stories come with it when it does come out.
I really have to laugh about the whole deal , makes me think back a couple years ago when , by Pa. standards , a huge NT was killed just one farm over from the one I hunted. It was a buck I saw a few times, had it at 50 yards and watched it walk away. Then in gun season , Kasey killed her 1st buck and as we were cleaning it a neighbor stops and tells me to not worry about the buck. Some old timer killed it , took it home, cut the antlers off at the bases and tossed them into the back of his garage !! I was like WHAT !!!! Yea that buck was right  under 190" ! The old timer could give a crap about the score because this bucks body was huge and all he could think about was eating some nice fresh backstraps !!! That my friends is what deer hunting is all about , feeding our family, enjoying time in the great outdoors, sharing stories of years gone by and for me , watching my kids take their 1st deer and all others since,  yes a huge buck is sweet but I have yet to find a good recipe for antlers.
avatar
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Posts : 6026
Join date : 2009-06-10
Age : 47
Location : Milton,Pa.

Back to top Go down

Re: My buddy smacked a GIANT!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum