Sept 14th Doe Kill ..long read

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sept 14th Doe Kill ..long read

Post  DMW97 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:33 am

Saturday evening I had decided to pick up Jacob and head out to the apple orchard to sit for the remainder of the weekend. We got there early about 4:30ish so I had decided to take my laptop and a bucket of corn and go check the camera. The cameras about 30yards from the stand in a rivine where trails come out of the woods towards the apples and I had left it out for about a week and half. It had 175 pictures on it.. 10 of dogs 10 of jacob and I and 5 of homeowner .. the other 150 pictures were just does and a itty bitty spike, all right before dark so I had a good feelin I'd get a chance at her..so I put the corn out 25yards infront of my stand right on woodline and we got in the stands. We sat there and didn't see a thing till bout 8 and a doe stepped out at 30yards on the trail my corn was.. instead of allowing me for an easy 25 yard shot at corn she turned and went left and made it a 40yard shot..I don't know what it was but I was perfectly lined up and shot clean over top of her (I think I used my 50pin on accident EmbarassedEmbarassed ) after that she just skirted off back into the woods.. Went back to jacobs and we were gunna head out in the morning but kinda slept through the alarms pale so we spent most of the day editing his doe kill video from last week. Decided to head back to the orchard that afternoon and Got there early again checked cam since I had put a lil corn out and 110pics in one night got some bucks this time but that's a different thread to be posted tonight..sat there about 8 o'clock had a doe come out about 80yards to our left but unfortunately wind was blowin at her and she went back in the woods..she ended up Walkin right to the trail the doe came out at last night and went straight to corn at 25yrds but she was on alert so for 9mins jacob and I didn't move waiting for her to turn her head back so I could get drawn back..finally twig snapped in woods I pulled back and as I was pullin back she turned back  and looked at me but It was to late. I used my 30pin cuz she seemed a lil back but she was at 23 so I hit a bit high but caught the top of her lungs blood went everywhere. She ran about 80yards and we found her at the bottom of the steepest hill of course -__-.. anyways I was really excited finally redeemed myself after missing 2 at the end of last year and missing one saturday night I was happy as could be. Video to come by the end of week.
The walk back to my jeep to get drag and knives. 

[size=32]This is what every tree every 5 yards looked like not a hard tracking job at all [/size]

Changed into my blue jeans to leave but forgot to take pictures lol.. wasn't really ready for this picture as you can tell by facial expression but when I try to put the other pictures up the come out sideways so this'll have to do
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Re: Sept 14th Doe Kill ..long read

Post  bowGal on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Great  job  David, and I soo  love that  first photo,

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:19 pm

Way to get it done David. Don't forget to post up those points. Wink

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckslayerNY13 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:28 pm

Congrats!! Way to break the ice!! That first pic is bad a$$!!
BuckslayerNY13
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:17 pm

Mountainman Vic wrote:Way to get it done David. Don't forget to post up those points. Wink
Will do first thing tomorrow morning when I get to school!
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:55 pm

DMW97 wrote:
Mountainman Vic wrote:Way to get it done David. Don't forget to post up those points. Wink
Will do first thing tomorrow morning when I get to school!
Haha something about your statement doesn't sound quite right!  Waiting til you get to school?!
Anyway,
Congrats on your doe kill and I'm with the others...love that first pic!!
Can't wait to see what bucks you got on your cam!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather on Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:46 pm

Congrats on your first of the year!!
Godfather
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  nyhunter20 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:54 pm

Congrats on the first one of the year for you!!!!!
nyhunter20
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum