A call and site I NEVER want !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A call and site I NEVER want !!

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:44 pm

I just saw something I hope myself or anyone I know has to go thru. I was at my Dodge dealer getting a tailpipe for my truck when the mechanic I was talking to heard a bang. Not really worried what the bang was we kept talking. Somebody said there was an accident so we walked out to look. A fullsize truck was next to a small car. The drivers side took a direct hit from the truck and they both spun around 180 degrees. I could see somebody in the car as the ambulance pulled up. Well since traffic was stopped while they took the girl out of the car , myself and 2 of the salesman walked over, getting there just in time to see the one EMT tell the parents their daughter didn't make it Crying or Very sad . Then another guy ( boyfriend or brother ) showed up and he kinds flipped out, not good to see that either. Then add in all the people who worked at a Wendy's standing outside bent over , sitting and whatever, just happens the girl worked there. We had seen enough and walked away. I do not know why they didn't totally close off the road but a family should not have to show up at a crash site , be told their loved one has passed only to have all those cars driving by, the car should have been covered and the girl should have been taken away , not being left in the ambulance . Was not a good site, one I really didn't want to see and one I hope and pray I never have to see with anyone I know.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: A call and site I NEVER want !!

Post  soil on Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:53 pm

that's horrible.  i read the other day that in some european country, they have a dedicated team that responds to automobile accidents and their sole purpose is to put up a temporary screen around the site to keep onlookers from gawking and protect people from possibly seeing something they wish they could 'unsee'.  seems like a good idea.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:57 pm

Yes it does. Usually around my area , they will at least toss a tarp over a vehicle as soon as a person if pronounced. Plus close the road off if it happens or even if they are working on the person in the car and think it may happen the road is shut down. Why it wasn't done there is beyond me. I just found out she was a 24 year old woman.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:03 pm

That is horrible, I have been passed a few that I would like to unsee. I have a buddy that is a firefighter/EMT and I honestly dont know how he does it. He works a fatal crash about every 2 weeks.

Last edited by Boss Gobbler on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  bowright on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:10 pm

I know exactly how you feel and it's something you can not forget easily. I had a kid flip his truck right in front of me a month ago, threw him almost 80 foot from the truck. Me and another guy stood over the young man and said a few prayers until emt's arrived. He was 16 years old. 

That made the second time in my adult life something like that has happened. 

Just keep your thoughts straight and pray for the families involved. About all you can really do.
bowright
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  BuckRubIL on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:49 am

A horrible scene, prayers go to all involved.  I'm with Boss, I'm not sure how first responders do it day in and day out.
BuckRubIL
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:54 am

Very sad, very surprising that the scene was not secured.  No one close to a person should have their final memory be of the victim at the crash if it can be helped!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:58 pm

It gets worse Crying or Very sad !!! On my way to Forksville I had to stop at the dealership to pay my bill and noticed there was not a single skid mark before impact and now for the really,  really bad part. The girls parents were right behind her waiting to pull out of Wendy's . I could not even begin to imagine what that must have felt like. Not that its a good thing at all , but I would say the only blessing from this crash is the girl did not feel a thing, no suffering but it sure would be better if it never happened.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum