Good news... Bad news

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Good news... Bad news

Post  lungbuster on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:36 pm

Well the good news is... I just got called today and was hired by Illinois Dept of Corrections. I had applied back in July. The bad news is... The academy starts November 3 and lasts 6 weeks.  That means I only get to be a weekend warrior this November.  My current job had already approved my vacation from Oct 31 to Nov 17.  I've never been so bummed out by a new job hire!  I guess I shouldn't complain... Just figured you all would understand my conflicting emotions.  My girlfriend can't understand why I've been depressed all day and thinks I'm nuts! Lol
lungbuster
12 Point
12 Point

Back to top Go down

Re: Good news... Bad news

Post  Godfather on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Congrats on the new job!! There's nothing wrong with hunting the weekends. It only takes that one good sit to make your season!
Godfather
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:23 pm

Congratulations on the   new  job LB.
 My next door neighbor works for the  Dept of Correction's, here in our area  so yes  I have heard the up's and down's when it comes to  his  hunting time, But he still has been blessed to kill a few  nice  bucks the past few year's  due to his work schedule, that and the  fact he  love's his job - He is a super guy and like you, it is so nice to know  at least the Il Dept of  Correction's hire's more worthy people in that dept. then they do our DNR.
   Very happy for you- do not be depressed at all,  that  your hunting time will be limited now,  You should  just be so  Proud of   Yourself Wink

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:52 pm

Sometimes you just have to sacrifice things to make a better life for yourself/family !! Good Luck !!! I was a Saturday and Monday hunter for 7 years and still got my deer. Kinda hard to hunt weekdays when you worked from 4 a.m. until 7 p.m. , so I know just what you will be going thru !
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  lungbuster on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:53 pm

Thanks guys... I'm just gonna have to try to get it done early this year!  And hopefully once I work my way up the seniority ladder, I can go back to vacationing in November! Lol.  On the plus side, I have a 2 acre fall plot that should be a great late season honey hole!  Hopefully I will have access to the internet while I'm at the academy, so I can at least keep up with how everyone else is doing!  Good Luck!
lungbuster
12 Point
12 Point

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:48 pm

Congrats on the new job!  Tough timing but I am sure it will all work out for the best, good luck with the new job and the weekend hunts!

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum