My wife hit a deer...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My wife hit a deer...

Post  chukbuk on Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:50 pm

....that was already dead!  This morning she called shortly after leaving the house so instantly I get that uh-oh feeling.  When she tells me she hit a deer and I ask how is the car she says, oh it's fine I think...I only ran over it!  Well the buck was already dead in the road but I did not see it because I was distracted by the guy in the pick-up on the other side of the road with his flashers on.  Duhhhh, nice going I think (but of course don't say).  
    The guy was pulled over and about to retrieve the deer just before my wife re-killed it!  I suppose he probably changed his mind after that!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Re: My wife hit a deer...

Post  Mountainman Vic on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:00 am

Too funny Chuck. Glad she and the car are okay.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:01 pm

chukbuk wrote:....that was already dead!  This morning she called shortly after leaving the house so instantly I get that uh-oh feeling.  When she tells me she hit a deer and I ask how is the car she says, oh it's fine I think...I only ran over it!  Well the buck was already dead in the road but I did not see it because I was distracted by the guy in the pick-up on the other side of the road with his flashers on.  Duhhhh, nice going I think (but of course don't say).  
    The guy was pulled over and about to retrieve the deer just before my wife re-killed it!  I suppose he probably changed his mind after that!
 That is just too funny.  Thank's CB for the laugh, Love your wife's  explanation "Priceless!!!!!!! " - also I  am very happy to hear  your  wife and her car   are  doing fine.

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:22 pm

She was just fine, I saw the poor deer in a ditch on my way home last night...must have run over the middle.  The only damage was the air dam underneath.  I repaired it today.  
     The daily ritual is that I walk out with her each morning about 6:20 to help carry her coffee and things.  A kiss and a reminder to look out for deer and be careful.  I say it because her version of defensive driving involves the gas pedal!  

I'm sure you're all like me....seriously saddened every time a see a deer dead on the highway!  Hate to see them that way!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:44 pm

As long as everyone is alright, I can say That's Damn Funny right there!
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:36 am

Now that I know she is all good and so is her car ............. does she know her car is NOT a mobile hamburg grinder ???? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I would have loved to see the guys face !! He is all happy he is gonna get some free deer meat and all of the sudden here comes the little lady with a heavy foot and runs it over ........again !!!!!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:37 am

Because I love my wife so much, I won't use any of the words to describe how she drives that are in my head...but no Rick, she does not know her car is not a meat grinder!  I rode with her yesterday through Bucks county back-roads in fear we would hit another or slide off the road on wet leaves!  We had plenty of time to get where we were going, but rush is all she knows....yikes!  It will happen again I fear!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum