How did the Youth season go for you all that took Kid's out this weekend?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How did the Youth season go for you all that took Kid's out this weekend?

Post  bowGal on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:00 pm

We hunted  saturday, and  we did hear  2 shot's from my south neighbor,   have not  been in contact with them yet to see what  the kid's got, I am worried about  two  shooter bucks that  last time I got photo's of them  , they were heading that way,,
 High rack  9 and blind  8  I have confirmed are still here Wink
 To cute - Today at work  in Pike,  The lady I was  working for told me her son got a doe   early saturday morning, So Later when her young son came in  , I could not wait to tell him congratulation's, He  rambled on about the  morning hunt , and told me how big his doe was, Well then he got upset, because he  thought he  could  get out and shoot a buck later  in the day,   Well it was a good thing his  Dad had the rule  book with him, because on the afternoon hunt   Dad read's - oh my gosh  son  You are done,  You can not shoot another deer, he did not know during  Youth season   the tag was only good for one  either  Sex  Deer, Awe and then  this little hunter was kind of sad and told me   I would not of shot that doe, if he had known that, he was after a buck he call's  Ghost,
 His mom  then told him  I named  our deer also, so   by the time  I left  he was back to feeling  good  about getting his doe, He was shooting a muzzleloader so of course I had to laugh listening to  him telling me  he had to wait for all the smoke to clear before he knew if he  got her or not, oh and he did pass on a small buck before he shot his doe cheers
 Just  sharing a fun day talking to a young little hunter this morning

We only heard the  2 shot's  in our area,

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: How did the Youth season go for you all that took Kid's out this weekend?

Post  BuckRubIL on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:21 pm

My hunter hit a doe Saturday night but we couldn't find her.  I'm almost certain he just nicked her in the back somewhere, so my guess is she'll live.  Pretty hard to break that to a kid wanting his first deer though.  He was shaking so bad after he shot... he tried to play hard and say he was just cold but he wasn't shaking like any other time that night! Smile  I'd say he is hooked...
BuckRubIL
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:23 pm

Pj you just made me laugh !!! I can remember when Cody was sitting on my leg to shoot his 1st deer, the barrel of the gun was doing about a 18 inch circle Very Happy and he was shaking like crazy !!! I had to tell him to just think of the bulls-eye on the target at home, put that bulls-eye on the doe and shoot it ! Hard to imagine it has been 8 years already since that 1st shot !!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum