Tough day to hunt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tough day to hunt

Post  Mountainman Vic on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:20 pm

I'm ready to start a new roof job but today's weather sucked. I had thought about hunting this morning but I just didn't feel like doing a morning hunt in the rain but thought I would this afternoon. The weather channel was calling for a north or north west wind. But at 1pm I looked at the hourly forecast and they were now calling for winds from every direction over the next 5 hours and scattered thunderstorms. So I gave up. I don't have any stands that work with that many different wind directions.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Tough day to hunt

Post  bowGal on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:44 pm

Swirling wind's are so much fun to hunt  Vic Wink
 Planned on  being out tonight as well as  we have  a good wind for  where I wanted to go, but I have   been  dealing  with  some very high blood pressure reading's today so thought I best not  be out in the woods by myself tonight,  feeling  this bad Crying or Very sad

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:04 pm

bowGal wrote:Swirling wind's are so much fun to hunt  Vic Wink
 Planned on  being out tonight as well as  we have  a good wind for  where I wanted to go, but I have   been  dealing  with  some very high blood pressure reading's today so thought I best not  be out in the woods by myself tonight,  feeling  this bad Crying or Very sad
Wow Barb, You need to knock that off. Do they have you on any meds that you can take to help with it. I know my dad went through all kinds of feeling bad and bloody nose issues until they got him on the right stuff. Saying a prayer for you. Wink

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:28 pm

Vic , is there ever any non swirling winds in the mountains ??? I know I have yet to find a spot in the mountains that doesn't have the winds changing direction about every 30 seconds Very Happy !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Pa. Bowhunter wrote:Vic , is there ever any non swirling winds in the mountains ??? I know I have yet to find a spot in the mountains that doesn't have the winds changing direction about every 30 seconds Very Happy !!!
Yes there is Rick. You just don't sit still long enough. One of the nice things about these windy days we've been having is that the wind stays pretty consistent. The tops do pretty good and if you can get a wind that works with the thermals you're golden.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:46 pm

Good winds that are blowing stronger seem to stay the same but the other days they change constantly around here. Last night I had winds hitting me from 3 directions , changing way too much. That spot is right at the end of a mountain with a few deeper hollows and it sucks at times. I got busted by a doe that walked out around 60 yards away , wind in the face. Five minutes later it was on the back of my neck. She didn't blow and carry on , did a little hoof stomping and head bobbing and then just walked off. Tomorrow I'm taking a ground blind out !!! Even up your way about the only spots that I have found to have decent winds is on top at a few spots , as long as its a good sized area and then down on the bottom.
The guys are up at the cabin until sunday , my hunting partner got upset that he isn't seeing any deer at his place, so to rub it in I had to call him last night and tell him I saw 13 Very Happy Very Happy !!!! His dad told him he saw a nice buck off the right side of Brooks run road yesterday evening. He didn't have any binos so he didn't know what it was but he said it was nice.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  MEhunter on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:07 pm

I've got a group of buddies down in PA hunting this week in Bradford County. They were complaining about the winds today, but did say the deer were on the move.

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:36 am

I hate the wind in the mountains...never what the forecast says!  The one good thing about strong winds...they can be more consistent, i just hate not being able to hear deer coming!  Take care of yourself Barb...good advice from a person that doesn't....cake and coffee for breakfast!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum