How many of you.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How many of you.....

Post  DMW97 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:18 pm

Follow Field and Streams "Best Days Of Rut"?? The last two years I would always get to read the magazine after the rut was over Neutral  not much help but I would go back and look at trail cam pics from there predicted "Best Days" and almost everyone of the days I would have at least one shooter moving in daylight... Probably a big coincidence idk..And its funny because this morning when I had to work and couldn't hunt I have a foggy trail cam pic at 7:55AM of what looks to be a nice deer Jacob and I bumped up the contrast and brightness and its one of my shooter deer just cant tell what one because heads down.
 This years dates are

Today the 24th
Friday, Oct. 31
Tuesday, Nov 4th
Friday, Nov 7th (Also considered the BEST day)
Saturday, Nov 22nd
Saturday, Dec 6th
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Re: How many of you.....

Post  Boss Gobbler on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:23 pm

In my experiences there are to many factors. How many times have you had one of those days you dream about, then you call a buddy hunting a mile away and he didnt see jack. If you look at those dates, you could take the same dates for the next 10 years and the majority of people will see increased movement around that time.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:34 pm

I personally   do not  hunt just because some so called  Expert or what ever they are, tell's me these  so called  Date's are the best to hunt, Period,!!!!!
   Seriously- Wink Sorry  I could ramble but  on but  I won't Wink  we are so thankful to  live with the deer we hunt, and  I can tell you one thing tho- I love pre rut / the chasing phase- and this upcoming  week- over full bore rut  

We have  had  few year's were our full bore rut  hit during our first  opening gun season- full moons in  the second week of  Nov, and we have  a few day's of those this year,also,
 Like  stated- I could ramble, but  I talk to enough hunter's be it here, 20 mile's away or even states away- - Hunt when you can, is the best advice  I would give anyone- Wink

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:15 pm

I've got enough years experience to know what works for me. And enough experience to know that their theories don't add up.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:17 pm

The only one I even think about listening to is Charles . Not that it matters because I will hunt each and everyday . I still say hunt when you can , you can't kill anything while your sitting on the couch !!! I have killed deer in just about any type of condition you can think of , the one thing that keeps me out of the woods is if its dangerous , like tree tops falling down , even that I have been out , but when one falls next to you , use it as a learning tool Very Happy !!!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:18 am

I'm not saying those would be the days i hunt. I will hunt everyday i can whether or not it is one of those listed days i just didn't know if you all got a lil more excited on those days because they have been right for yall in the past.
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum