Well......

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Well......

Post  DMW97 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:42 pm

JAcob and I headed out to check the apple orchard camera that we had left out a month and half over a full bag of corn yesterday. 2,700 pics nothing  big. less than 200pics of bucks and they were the 5 same bucks. but that's a different thread. Today my mom came home sayin one of her bus driver friends (They drive school bus together) said she has a yote problem and they kill 2 of her dogs last year. She lives on 5 acres mostly all open but on either side of her is thick thick woods and straight behind her a bean field. Went over introduced myself today she said I could kill all the yotes and deer I please cheers . I asked her how her neighbors stand on all that she said the one she doesn't know one of em real well and the other is an old retired couple that are the kind of people that keep to themselves but nice to her and her family. (the bean field I know those people not very nice and they hunt so I knew I wouldn't get permission for there. Anyways I decided to go over to the old retired couples house and talk to them. Real grouch at first openin the door just his tone and way he acted. I started to introduced myself and seen his Vietnam vet hat and thanked him for his service. Nicest person I ever met after that. Said I could kill all yotes off property I want and a few deer if id like but not a lot. this is a 15 acre property. decided to go walk it. I think I counter like 22 small rubs and like 7-8 big rubs on some big trees. And about 12 scrapes... Put my MP6 I took from apple orchard and set it up over two scrapes right off this trail that looks like cows have been there. So excited. If I lose hope trying to kill one of the 6 on my hitlist here at my house all I have to do is drive 3 roads down about 6 mins and I can try my luck there. Today was a pretty good day gunna ask her other neighbors which is 22acres when I go to check the cam next week
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Re: Well......

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:41 pm

Sounds like a little hot spot there David, Can't wait to see what pics you pull off of it.
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:42 pm

That's a great day right there!  Hope it turns into a bunch of memories for ya!  If you want a nice long term relationship with these land owners, a nice card with a pic off your trail cam in a cheap frame will do wonders! Worked for me many years ago and am still enjoying the rewards.
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:54 am

A very thoughtful way to introduce yourself to a Veteran!  I like Shedder's idea, the couple might enjoy some stories from your hunts there also....good luck!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum