Got one yesterday.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Got one yesterday.

Post  shedder on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:50 am

It was a good morning sit.  Was able to put a doe down on video.  She only took a few steps.  Within 30 minutes three young bucks came in to check her out. Two of them squared off!  I thought I was going to have a total of 5 points brawling it out for a dead doe on video!  It ended with some posturing, lowered ears and a spike buck slinking away with his tail tucked between his legs.  
The victory dance was met with a bit of humble reality when a 2 1/2 year old came in and ruined his day!! The little 3 point bolted leaving the somewhat smarter buck to take one whiff then a quick foot stomp followed by one more whiff to be sure before bounding away. He knew something wasn't right.   
I waited a little bit more in case there were any more bucks cruising thru before climbing down and walking the 10 yards to my doe. 
I had gone to my doc a few days earlier for clearence for my Iowa hunt...just things I have to do now a days.  She slapped me with a negative and another surgery...surprise surprise!  I think this is #10 over the past couple years.  Gotta love these clots.  So I was able to sneak out yesterday before calling my surgeon as I figured whats one more day!  I am so glad I did as once I have this surgery that would be just about it for hunting. This year..
It was a very fun and enjoyable morning!!  

The evening I ended up sitting thru a cold rain.  It felt good in a weird way to just be out in nature!  I saw one nice buck and a few doe out across the field but could not get them to come my way. Walking out I slipped on a wet log and fell down a bank!  I somehow ended up flat on my back as the TimberTall Climber slammed into my head.  Really nothing you want to happen when your body has this clot mutating gene and your on blood thinners and clot busting injections!!  Holy shit I was dazed and probably just sat there for 10 minutes before I collected my thoughts.  It was fitting to end it that way!  It made the nixed Iowa trip not so painful, putting everything into perspective for me...maybe the doc was right!  It really is a sweet addiction thou!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Got one yesterday.

Post  Godfather on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:47 pm

Congrats on the doe Matt! But I am sorry to hear that your trip to Iowa had to be cancelled. Hopefully this next surgery will be your last one for a while. Take care and God Bless.
Godfather
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bow_dad on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:39 pm

Nice looking doe Matt, sounds like a very enjoyable hunt, congrats.
bow_dad
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:14 pm

Congrats on the slickhead Matt, Sorry about your Iowa trip.
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:31 pm

Nice job!
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueID_LDS on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:22 am

Congrats on the doe Shedder! Sorry you wont make it to Iowa to hunt. Maybe this will be the last surgery you have to have for awhile. I admire your enthusiasm and drive despite your circumstances!
BlueID_LDS
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:43 am

Congrats again on that doe Matt. I love the colors of the hemlock and maple forest.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:14 pm

Congrats Matt!  Keep at it

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content