Errie timing on this hunter's blog on Blood Clots

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Errie timing on this hunter's blog on Blood Clots

Post  shedder on Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:43 pm

http://shar.es/107lpe

Saw this come thru on deer and deer hunting...about sitting too long in your tree stand.

The article gives light to the possibility of any hunter coming up with clots...it's a quick read and if your sitting in tree stands for any amount of time do yourself a favor a click the link to read it.  
For me all the clots went to both of my lungs...thru a defect in my heart after being attacked at work.  The hospital staff wouldn't let me move, cough, even talk as they transported me to the critical care hospital.  They thought I was a goner both lungs were full of clots.  I have a genetic mutation where my body makes clots for apparently no reason as well...it's been 2 years and I have not been able to get the clots out of my lungs.  Once in your lungs that long It causes irreversible lung damage.  Not to mention your always wondering...
I'm putting my private life out there hoping that it might help out one hunter.  
Keep what I have been thru in your head on those long sits as well as this article...it does happen to normal people.  
KEEP YOUR LEGS MOVING AND GO KILL A GIANT BUCK!!!  PLEASE! Very Happy
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Errie timing on this hunter's blog on Blood Clots

Post  chukbuk on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:43 am

Dang, last time in the trees was saying to myself what he did...."no pain, no gain!".  I also was trying to sit still holding my bow but really uncomfortable in the seat.  I get sciatic nerve pains down my left leg, never thought it could be something else!  I'll be getting that checked out...thanks for the info!
      Also though as I read the article that since I am so active it would not happen to me...then I read how many miles he hiked on his mule deer hunt.  So he was no slug!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum