Halloween.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halloween.....

Post  kyhunter123 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:57 pm

After yesterdays afternoon hunt I got back to the house and settled in and was watching football. My dad comes in and says he hears coon hounds. So we step out back and sure enough there are coon hounds barking. So we get in his truck and go back there. We get up there and see 2 trucks sitting there. We pull up and he says "Eric?" And we was like Do you have permission to be here and he said ughh.. Ya and didn't know the guys name that gave him permission and we finally said the judge? and he was like ya! but still didn't know the owners names or anything. He said the judge watches over this farm for the owners. We didn't make a big deal about it and we are going to ask the real owners if they even know of a judge. But anyways. I didn't know if I wanted to hunt this morning or not cause them running around all over the place back there last night. There was a chance of rain but i thought. Its Halloween. I cant not hunt. So I get up and walk outside. It had already rained sometime or another. But I got back there got set up and then the rain set it. I couldn't even get my camera on my arm till half hour after daylight. Well I was sitting there and seen 2 turkeys come through. Big birds to. They walked past me at 22 yards but I like chasing them in the spring better so I didn't shoot Smile . So I was sitting there and look over in the little field that's in the bottom and see a doe trot across it but didn't see anything behind her. Then eventually a little buck came over and ran her off. So I was just chillin there and figured I would get my phone out and play a game. I got half way through the level. (I still need to go back and finish that thing!) and look up and he's standing there at 50 yards. I guess I just didn't hear him coming. He walks in and walks behind a cedar so I stand up and get ready. Still I don't know if I wanna shoot him or not. he comes back out the other side of the cedar and he keeps getting bigger. He stops and smells the ground and I was like alright. Im shooting. With this farm. I cant pass up deer that are decent like that especially if there moving in daylight. They will go to the next ridge over and get blasted. Iv been getting nothing big on camera. And if I did get something decent its at 2-3 oclock in the morning and there probably just passer-through-ers. But anyways. He steps out. I seen the camera was good. And pull back and I guess the cables on my bow got sticky or something when they got wet and it made some weird noises on the way back. He heard it and looked my way. But it was to late. That Hypodermic put a hurtin on him. I pretty much seen him fall but it was a perfect shot. Center punched the heart and he went 60 yards. The blood trail was crazy. It was the deer I named Regular. I knew with him it was going to be a game time decision cause he was on the border. I didn't have much bigger on camera so im happy. I still got Indiana to kill a biggin.

Shot placement = Perfect

kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Re: Halloween.....

Post  shedder on Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:35 pm

Jacob that's a great buck!!! Congrats bud! Way to stick it out even thou those coon hunters were out last night.  Love you photos to.  Can't wait to see your video.
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bow_dad on Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:18 pm

Great pics, great buck, great hunt, Congrats!
bow_dad
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Willy on Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:17 pm

Congrats !  great looking deer
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:38 pm

Way to go Jacob,  Congratulation's,  Great buck, love the  photo's, and great shot bud! cheers cheers

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:45 pm

Way to get it done Bud. Awesome buck.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:50 pm

Me and willy scored him at 132. Not bad for a bow kill! And my biggest bow kill! Thanks everybody.
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:56 pm

Congrats bud. Sorry I couldn't come out right after you shot him.
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:19 pm

Well the next one is your turn david. That deer was quite deceiving. I was surprised he grossed so much
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum