Danm it!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Danm it!!!!

Post  Mountainman Vic on Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:14 am

You guys and gals need to wear your safety harnesses. There is no excuse or reason that you can give that will make it okay not to. No buck is worth risking doing this to your family.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/moon-township-hunter-dies-after-falling-out-tree-s/nh6Nr/

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/hunter-falls-20-feet-tree-stand-penn-hills/nh5XM/

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Danm it!!!!

Post  bowGal on Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:33 pm

What a shame, prayers go out to those families,
Larry and  Bob still do not were  safety harness's and it   ticks me off,    I headed out the other night to hunt and  thought  I was going to  sit a blind so  I did not take my harness, I ended up  sitting  a ladder stand that afternoon,  Not that I really ever were a harness in my ladder stand's but  I will admit  I sure  was wishing  I had it on,  winds were horrible and I did not feel good about being up there without my harness, I was just thankful that I did not  go to the other  portiable stand  I really wanted in as I could see that stand  from were I was and  tree was a really  swaying in the high wind condition's we have had this week

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Sad deal , once again. I really have to say , and yes it may P.O. some , but you really have to be an idiot to not wear a harness when your in a stand !! I will say its a little different in a ladderstand , most of those have a shooting rail in front , but in a hang on or climber , NEVER hunt without it !!! What really amazes me is people who say I will not spend $100 on a harness BUT go out and buy a new stand and there inside the box is a brand spanking new FREE harness that they refuse to use because its not a HSS or other brand ?????????
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:43 pm

You know what gets me. People will say they are scared to death to go to the woods without their orange on yet will climb a tree with no harness.  scratch I'd give up my orange any day for a saftey harness.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:22 am

I was one of those that refused to wear my safety harness  Evil or Very Mad Up until about 15 years ago I was hanging a old style hang on that had the chain style on the back, Well I though I had it secure and it slid down the tree about 3 feet when I was standing on it about 22' in the air. Till this day I believe my fingers marks are still on that tree  lol! Since that day I ALWAYS WEAR my harness. Always hate to hear about tragic accidents like that.
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:25 pm

Great reminder, no excuse for that. Even if not worried about it for yourself, you need to think of the family.

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueID_LDS on Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:11 am

I had a similar incident, but I was climbing up the tree with a climbing stand. I DID have a harness on but was loosening it to move it up so I could move the climber a little higher. While I was standing the base of the climber came loose and I went careening down this tree about a foot due to the loosened harness. I have never her hugged anything so hard in my life! After that, I literally climbed down and walked home with my heart still in my throat. To this day I refuse to use a climber! Ladder stands and blinds only 
Maniac Outdoors wrote:I was one of those that refused to wear my safety harness  Evil or Very Mad Up until about 15 years ago I was hanging a old style hang on that had the chain style on the back, Well I though I had it secure and it slid down the tree about 3 feet when I was standing on it about 22' in the air. Till this day I believe my fingers marks are still on that tree  lol! Since that day I ALWAYS WEAR my harness. Always hate to hear about tragic accidents like that.
BlueID_LDS
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  ridgerunner on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:08 pm

I use a harness 100% of the time.  When it comes to the kids they're tied off from the ground up.  I really should take that extra step for myself but haven't roped off any of my single person stands.
ridgerunner
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum