Bummed Out

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bummed Out

Post  VABuckSlayer on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:16 am

When I took my buck to the taxidermist last weekend I got some news I didn't want to hear. He told me about a buck that was killed on the other side of our subdivision and it sounded like it was the buck I call Crabclaw (big 8pt). Well he showed me a picture of it and it was worse. They had killed Trashy. The buck I really wanted to get or my son to get. We have so many pics of him and had been watching him all summer. He disappeared in October and now he's dead. The hunter shot the deer with a bow the last week of October and didn't find it. Then he was lucky to get him with a muzzleloader this past Saturday. The arrow was still stuck in the bucks shoulder. Pretty bummed out about it but what can you do. I was lucky enough to take a very nice buck this year but man, my heart was set on Trashy!

VABuckSlayer
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Re: Bummed Out

Post  bowGal on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:09 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad So sorry  about  trashy  Eric,   I would love to know what the inside spread was on him,

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  VABuckSlayer on Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:32 pm

I'll try to find out Barb. This is the first big buck I have pics of behind the house that I found out for sure got killed. It's like a kick in the gut knowing he's not around anymore. You kind of get attached to them when you get so many pics and watch them all Spring and Summer. Sucks when someone else kills it that has no history with the deer. I fed that deer all summer just so someone else can kill it. Aggghhhh!!!
VABuckSlayer
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:26 pm

Eric  bud you know    I feel your pain, and totally understand, It suck's, I have to wander if he would of stayed put for you if  had not been for all those darn dog's running your place,
 I am just  in a way happy that you at least know  what happened to him, because we loose so many good buck's every year  and I would just love to know what hunter got them , 
I am so dreading the up coming gun season here, as  I know we are going to loose  a few more to  hunters that come in once a year and  have no clue how  special  the buck they just killed  meant to us Crying or Very sad

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:43 pm

That sucks Eric !! But the only thing you can really do to keep a deer in an area is fence it in while he's there. I know all about the feeding thing but if the hunter is happy ( which he sure should be ) , what can we really do ?? It could have been like the huge buck I was after up at the farm , doing the same deal you did only to have an old timer kill him and cut the antlers off his head , separately I might add and toss them in the shed Evil or Very Mad !!! As much as we all call them "our deer" the fact is they are wild , free ranging critters that just don't always do what we want them to do. But yea it still sucks !!!!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:47 pm

Lol. Eric, Didn't you kill a buck that you had no history with and Barb did.  lol! That's hunting Bud. He was a beautiful buck that the good Lord gave to another hunter. Hopefully you will kill one of his offspring.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  VABuckSlayer on Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:07 pm

I know he's not "my" deer Rick and they just roam but yeah it still sucks!

Vic, I get what your saying but it still sucks. I'm glad a hunter got him and not a car or something but I was really hoping myself or my son would get him. I've only had 3 bucks in my life that I was "infatuated" with and he was one of them. At least I know his fate and can move on.
VABuckSlayer
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:20 pm

Mountainman Vic wrote:Lol. Eric, Didn't you kill a buck that you had no history with and Barb did.  lol! That's hunting Bud. He was a beautiful buck that the good Lord gave to another hunter. Hopefully you will kill one of his offspring.
 Vic you kill me, actually  I have to post this because when   Bob was here this past week  we were  laughing every time  when your name was mentioned,  during deer camp[_ Bob even  said  to  me- lol  You and  Vic kind of have this  kind of love - hate relationship when it comes to talking whitetail( as  your all way's ragging and  ?ing me with every post! LOL
 Yea I think we all can and have  complained a few times that other hunter's have   taken  a few buck's we all  have  followed and  became very attached to,
We told  Eric that year he got  Narley, we did not care  who shot him, we wanted him out of the herd, We alll wanted him to   be honest, Eric had a blast that year hunting with us that year, The nieghbor's  almost shot him the night before!
So with  Eric tagging him  that  year was just awesome for all of us !!!!! We loved it!!!!!
Just  as much as  buddy  Bob coming in this year, and killing the high rack 9 pt, I so wanted him to go another year  , and I have no problem admitting that, Both Bob and Larry knew that,  And both of them said they would not pass him this year, Fine by me, Bob  passed him last year as we all did, and he loved this buck even more this year  when I started  posted all the  trail cam photo's of him this year  in the early velvet capture's, Am I going to miss him being around???? hell yes,
 But there was nothing more rewarding then getting that phone call from  Bob telling me he  just shot the him that afternoon, Sorry  I really did not mean to take away anything from  Eric's post, as it does suck that   some one with no history kills  a deer  that has  no clue on what that certain deer  meant to some of us

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:52 pm

Yeah Eric, I know. I've been there. But somewhere along the way I came to realize that as much as we love these whitetails, we need to keep things in perspective. No one will ever be able to take your memories of these bucks and they will be replaced (hopefully) by others and hopefully we get to put a tag on a few of them. I just love that we get to hunt them and enjoy every day for what it is.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:37 pm

Barb I think you should become an outfitter so us NR's can come kill your deer Very Happy !!!! Just so we don't make you mad , you can give us a "history" lesson on certain bucks so we know them better Very Happy !!! Plus we will come during gun season !!!!!!!!!
Theres your daily laugh I owe ya !!!!!!
Eric just look at it as a great memory of that buck. Yes it would have been better to see you or your son holding him ( mainly your son Very Happy ) but I guess that's why we call it hunting. One of my biggest bucks I killed was the 1st time I saw him and the 1st buck I killed here at the house. That's just the way it works sometimes and who knows, maybe there will be a bigger buck show up for your son !!!! One good thing , at least a hunter got to take this buck and not some scumbag poacher !!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:23 pm

Oh man, that is tough!  It happens but is still always a tough pill to swallow. At least he didnt get taken by poachers.

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:26 pm

Hey  Eric,  have not had time to  post but Larry said to tell you  he like's the buck you shoot better then  Trashy  , He thought  your buck was awesome and said  to tell you   a  late  Congratultions- he just saw the photo's today

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  VABuckSlayer on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:24 am

Tell him thanks for me Barb. I agree that the buck I shot is a better looking deer and I'm not complaining there. I'm starting to get over it. I just think Trashy was a cool looking buck and I was excited to hunt him. 

As it turns out my taxidermist has pics of my deer on his cams about a mile from me. When he showed them to me I kind of felt bad. What a crazy deal this has been!
VABuckSlayer
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:48 am

Sorry to hear about trashy eric. Seems everyone has a story like that this year. I'm not 100 percent sure but if I asked the guy that owns the neighboring farm he probably shot my number 1 target. It shows on telecheck that he shot his buck a couple weeks into season and he never settles for a small buck. I'm pretty sure every buck he has shot since the 200 incher has been 140-150 plus. The buck was the first buck I ever had on camera last year and was the very first picture I had this year. I had well over 1000 pictures of him this summer and they just stopped a week or two before he shot his buck. Big main frame 8 with some junk on his bases and brow tine with a small drop tine.
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:14 am

I can't say I had one of these storys. But i know david has. I went through 4 years with that deer with him. Then some guy came in and acted like chasing that deer for one year was a "Long journey"..... It's still frustrating
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  VABuckSlayer on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:21 am

It happens to everyone I know it's just the first time I've experienced it. Like Vic said, it's hunting and they are free ranging whitetails but knowing that doesn't get that sick feeling out of your stomach. 
Our gun season just started yesterday and I'm really hoping to get Jake on a good deer now. He passedan a could fawns yesterday and then the dogs came in and ruined our afternoon hunt. We'll see what happens this afternoon.
VABuckSlayer
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum