Holy Snowballs Batman! %*!@Bam@!*%

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Holy Snowballs Batman! %*!@Bam@!*%

Post  shedder on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:00 am

I can't believe the snowstorm we are getting hit with right now!  They called for up to 30" for the 3 day storm but just the first night my town got 3 1/2 feet!  This morning we were at 18" and that quickly went to 24"...Then the news comes out with Orchard Park where I live at 3 1/2 feet (42")!  This is only a dream, it is really eve of opening day right???  please!  Because I can't have 3 1/2 feet of snow in my yard BEFORE THANKSGIVING!!! Can I 
Up to 5" of snow falling per hour... affraid I wonder how the deer will take this?  What will happen to the rut?  What about the bucks as they recoop from the rigors of the rut?   
this will put a damper on the deer take this year for sure!  What do you think?  We are coming off a pretty hard snowfall last year.  Then to start like this...makes me worried.  It was already my worst year ever for trail cams in the way of bucks.  
At least one positive to November snowstorms is the kids love it even if I'm thinking more and more of that beautiful Gulf Coast of FL...

Oh Big L is 6' and Little L isn't so little any more!!
And the hat???  What can I say we are Buffalo Bills fans thru and thru.

shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Holy Snowballs Batman! %*!@Bam@!*%

Post  BBinPA on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:19 pm

GEEZ Matt!!! That's crazy. I've been seeing some crazy pics coming in from the south towns and its no joke. My friend's wife has been stuck on I-90 for 15hrs!

For those of you that don't know, Matt and I live probably 15 miles apart (as the crow flies). Here is the crazy thing... I can see my grass Matt and the sun is shining.
BBinPA
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:52 pm

60" of snow is the new totals for today and tomorrow!  Thats freaking 5 feet!  Dan I hope your friends wife is clearing the snow away from her tail pipe!  Man I hope she gets out soon.  I know they are calling for anyone with a snowmobile to help out with all the people stranded out there.  I see there are hundreds and hundreds of cars stuck on the thruway!  
It has not stopped snowing since yesterday!  Its crazy and I see a new forecast for Friday with a foot more and the B word again!!  Never have I heard the word blizzard mentioned in two different forecasts in the month of November!  
And the fact that you can see grass being so close to me is just not right!!  Living here my whole life that still throws me...
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:58 pm

God gosh that is just a little to much white stuff for my liking, But those are  awesome  photo's Matt!!!!! LOl I want  one of those   buffalo hat's- love it!!!

You all stay safe up there while traveling on the roadway's, and my gosh  I already  feel so sorry for you wildlife  .

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:13 pm

Thanks Barb!! 
Had to include the latest!!  This is really getting a bit scary.  Time to hunker down a pray the power
Stays on!

shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:22 pm

I guess I should quit complaining about getting 5 inches so early in the year. Shocked
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:12 pm

That's insane Matt!  I don't know if I could deal with that much snow
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:32 pm

Matt do NOT worry about the deer , they will be in the same spot with all that snow !!!! I saw the weather at noon and they said 40-70 inches of snow !!! I thought here we go, well the phone rang not long after . We had to cancel a load in New York and moved it to Waterford , Pa. !! Then I thought well that still can't be good since the storm is out that way also. Called out to Hurst potato sales and they have ZERO !!! Crazy is about the only way to put it !! What an excuse for not going to work in the morning, call in and say " I can't get out of my house and I can't see out of it either" !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:55 pm

If you have a twitter account , check out some of the pics from the weather channel !!! Holy s**t !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or holy snow !!!!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:49 am

Wow, that is crazy Matt!  Good luck getting through it, I hope no problems are created. Definitely could be hard on the deer in the deer in the long term, just depends on the rest of the winter. Dont think it will effect the rut too much.

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:14 am

Today's estimates are 90-100" for the two storm 4 day total by Friday for the hardest hit.
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  MEhunter on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:41 am

Flat out crazy!! I think 25-30 inches is a lot when we get it! Can't imagine 6 or more feet. Just hope it doesn't flood too bad when it warms up, if it does.

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:36 am

That is freaking insane Matt, hope it gets better for ya.
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:35 am

We are warm and staying still!  Can't go anywhere anyway!  Big L has been going around using the snow rake to take the huge snow drifts off the roofs for some of our neighbors.  A couple streets down they lost power!  Pray for them and hope we keep ours!  
The temps are going to 55 on Monday-Tuesday with fears of what a rapid thaw will bring is next but on the back burner.  It's just nuts!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:59 pm

I saw today where they are saying or giving an amount , in pounds that can be on a roof. I think they said  something like a 16x20 roof , with 4 feet of snow ( I think it was 4 ) has somewhere around 5000 pounds on it.
I have an aunt who lives in Buffalo and my uncle says its like concrete !! I wonder what those southerners would do with this much snow , they forget how to drive in 1/2 inch of it !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Pa. Bowhunter wrote:I saw today where they are saying or giving an amount , in pounds that can be on a roof. I think they said  something like a 16x20 roof , with 4 feet of snow ( I think it was 4 ) has somewhere around 5000 pounds on it.
I have an aunt who lives in Buffalo and my uncle says its like concrete !! I wonder what those southerners would do with this much snow , they forget how to drive in 1/2 inch of it !!!
Rick, back in The late 80's I had a roof collapse on me because of ice and snow at my home where I grew up.  I was in the middle of the room that was about 25x25 in size.  
I can not tell you what happened.  After a gigantic crash, I found myself wrapped around a structural support in our basement with my Mom screaming for me.  I was crying out for my dog who was in the room with me. The roof with about 4 feet of snow and ice fell flat down to the floor! She thought I was dead and I thought my dog was dead!  It was caiatic!  With only one small 6' by 3' section that tepeed right in the corner where my Husky was he was amazingly alive!  Very scared but alive!  Only Divine Intervention moved me from the middle of that room to that basement in the time it took for roof to fall 8 feet but in reality with me being 6'tall it really only had to fall 2 feet before it hit me!  Watching a movie where someone climbs out of a tornado damaged home is quite surreal! 
Needless to say,  I am very very anal about snow on roofs and am passing that analness to my boys!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:14 pm

Those new photo's are insane!  Matt. Best of luck to you all up there, Now that is what you call  a snow day!!

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:21 pm

That is crazy Matt, I can't believe those pics!  Take care of yourself and your family. Best of luck getting through this and things settling back down.

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:56 pm

I saw a picture today where a guy opened his door , cut some snow out and put some wood in there for shelves and of course tossed a few beers in his new fridge !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  nyhunter20 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:55 am

Been working all day since Tuesday and another 2 feet possible by 5 tonight. This is crazy and 60 degrees on Monday we will be flooded out.
nyhunter20
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:16 pm

nyhunter20 wrote:Been working all day since Tuesday and another 2 feet possible by 5 tonight. This is crazy and 60 degrees on Monday we will be flooded out.
What are you working on?
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:30 pm

This storm just will not let up!  We got hit last night with another 20+" and now today this band of snow has been over top of us all day other than a few hour respite.  Buildings are collapsing, major businesses as well and even Nursing homes are buckling to the snow weight.  It is sad and scary.  My dear Carrie is a mess!  We were dating when the roof collapsed on me and every noise we hear I get this look...
One of our windows is giving in!  This window is 7' high...

This is me in our back yard. The snow is up to my rib cage with no drifts!

shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:00 pm

That's crazy Matt. Hope you guys get a break soon. Stay safe.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  nyhunter20 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:06 pm

Matt was working on the 88"+ of snow we ended up with. Hunted just north by maybe 5 miles this weekend and it's totally different.
nyhunter20
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum