had some help hanging a stand

View previous topic View next topic Go down

had some help hanging a stand

Post  soil on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:49 pm

i've got a pretty good late season spot where i start to see deer packing up in groups.  i've been wanting to get a stand right in here since last season and just hadn't done it.  so with the high winds and warm temps yesterday, the girls and i headed out and hung a new stand.  this is within a few hundred yards of where i get most of the pics of my target 7 pointer so i'm hoping he will be feeding in this area during the late season. 

there is no back cover here this time of year.  this picture is taken facing due west.  the deer always come from the south, which would be moving from left to right.  i'm hoping the cedar tree will keep me out of sight until it's too late for them. 

these are a couple screengrabs off the video i took of the buck i shot back on november 12th.  i was unable to recover him.  i lost blood after a couple beds and he was within 75 yards and heading toward a very overgrown abandoned tree farm.  he lost so much blood that i don't beleive he could have survived.  we are slowing down fast at work and i'm hoping to have a day off this week when i can go back up and grid search the tree farm to see if i can locate him.  his right side is a good 4 point side.  his left had a brow and two spikes, one of them was forked. 

i took Rosey on her first trip to the woods a couple days ago.  her mom is full chessie and her dad is actually part collie and heeler i think.  thats where she got her black color.  she seems to be pretty smart.  i'm going to do my best to turn her into an antler dog.  if that doesn't work, it's okay.  i'm just so glad to see the girls playing and enjoying her after we lost the last dog. 

soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: had some help hanging a stand

Post  bowright on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:18 pm

With no movement, I'd think you will get by with deer not seeing you in that set up. 

I bet that pup will be a smart dude.
bowright
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:39 am

Great pics!  Looks like fun time hanging a stand, sorry to hear about the buck hope you can find him one way or another. Good looking pup!

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:10 am

Great looking pics Josh,  it's awesome to see your girls tagging along with you.
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum