Illinois People

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Illinois People

Post  bowright on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:06 pm

Are mineral stations legal in your state?  Only reason I ask is because of this post on IW.  Looks like a mineral site to me.  I'm not critizing the hunter or the hunt, just wondering on the law of mineral sites.  I hope the hunter doesn't have any problems because of its.  Heck of a buck though!!!  He's got it all! 

Awesome whitetail!
bowright
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Re: Illinois People

Post  soil on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:36 pm

Not legal in Illinois at any time.   Mineral and other 'bait' used to be legal as long as it was removed 10 days before season. The laws were changed somewhere around 2000-2002

"It is unlawful to make available food, salt, mineral blocks or other products for ingestion by wild deer or other wildlife in areas where wild deer are present at any time."   Direct quote from the book.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:43 pm

Just peeked at the pics. I'd say he is in for a bit of harassment. No doubt some mineral sites in those pics.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowright on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:53 pm

He did come back and state that it was a homemade water hole.  I guess I'm going to give him the benifit of a doubt until I'm proven wrong.
bowright
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:07 am

I agree,  Josh, I think we all know what  added mineral  sites look like, Brian You  would  be amazed if you  read how many  time our  CPO's  have  busted hunters in our state the past few months  using  mineral and bait, Even the  N.R's are doing it  while they are here hunting, Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:29 am

PS, Brian do you know that guy's real name?  the more  I look at those photo's, those guy's look very familiar to me

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowright on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:43 pm

bowGal wrote:PS, Brian do you know that guy's real name?  the more  I look at those photo's, those guy's look very familiar to me

I sure don't Barb.  I used to know about everyone there, anymore I don't know who anyone is!  Don't spend much time over there.
bowright
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:38 pm

Someone's name is on his trail cam pics...as his camera name.
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:23 pm

Everybody is doing it Evil or Very Mad !! Been hearing a lot about it here also. We can use anything we want , until 30 days before the season. I can remember when wal mart used to pull ALL the bait/minerals off the shelf the last week of august. I once asked the salesperson why , got the reply because its illegal to put out. My how times have changed. Go to wal mart now and the shelves are full of all kinds of bait, mainly the stuff from wildgame  .
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:49 pm

Pa. Bowhunter wrote:Everybody is doing it Evil or Very Mad !! Been hearing a lot about it here also. We can use anything we want , until 30 days before the season. I can remember when wal mart used to pull ALL the bait/minerals off the shelf the last week of august. I once asked the salesperson why , got the reply because its illegal to put out. My how times have changed. Go to wal mart now and the shelves are full of all kinds of bait, mainly the stuff from wildgame  .
 LOl  Rick, ya and   your  Pa hunter's that come here  to hunt   bring it with them,   reading our last months CPO 's weekly  update on  game violations and charges  made- just floor's me on how many   NR's and  even  local's they have caught again this year,
Trust me  I think the illegal use of mineral in our state is  a stupid law, Like  Josh said we use to be able to use mineral up until the  early  2000's,-  Oh and then our Idiot's in the  DRN banned it after the  big CWD  hit  Wis. , Truefully  we only had one area on the old  Pike farm that we ever added any mineral and that was the front yard  safe haven  plot, and we never hunted that area  period.

On a good note,  Our  DNR  is ruining our  states deer herd  and   less    NR's are coming here, the past few year's, No I am not bashing NR's  our own local's  are just as bad!!!!!
 I loved it seeing how all the big  Outfitter's in our good ole state were  begging for   hunter's to book a hunt with them this year- They all have had openings  for  every season this year  You of course know  One  I am talking about LOL-   They were way down on hunters this year, and check out their web page, and look at all the   2 and  3 year's old killed this year,  And it is not just them, be it  pike ,  Adams, Brown, and  Schyler  counties . - The  buck kills   plastered on All their  Outfitter's  Web pages  ,   are all mostly  2-3 yr olds

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top