Why is it???????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why is it???????

Post  Mountainman Vic on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:16 am

That gun season always depresses me? lol. PA's gun opener kicks off today. I'll be taking my daughter Lily. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't be out. I dread the next two weeks.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Why is it???????

Post  bowGal on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:27 am

LOl the same reason it depresses most of us, bow hunter's Wink
 Best of luck to  Lily , Vic, stay safe you two.

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowright on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:48 pm

I kinda enjoy gun season.  Grew up with a bow hunting and gun hunting family, so we have traditions and great memories of both. 

Enjoy the time you spend with your daughter out there and make some memories and make gun season a tradition for you both!!
bowright
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:40 am

Definitely something special about bow season that gun season lacks. So much focus on the kill during gun season, rather than the hunt in bow season, just IMO.

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:00 am

Vic , I don't think you could hunt if you wanted , didn't you already shoot a buck Very Happy ??? Yes I'll admit gun season isn't like bow season , but why complain about it , why get depressed, get out and hunt !! That's what I do. Be happy you area doesn't get the pressure some areas do , it can always be worse. Take Lily out and enjoy the time and heres hoping she gets something !! I'm taking my niece out tomorrow or Thursday, because her dad won't. She came out here to study for her test for 5 days , passed , got all excited and then he wont take her.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  G3 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:54 pm

Because gun season SUCKS! You guys are in the same boat we are here in Michigan Vic...750,000 goofballs with guns running around. Thank god our gun season just closed Sunday. Now I can get my bow out and go back to hunting. I never went out once during our gun season....just to many yahoos out there shooting at god knows what.
G3
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  ridgerunner on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:11 pm

I can't think of any hunting seasons that are depressing to me.  IMO, it's depressing to hear the ill feelings towards gun hunting.  I grew up participating in and enjoying them all.
ridgerunner
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:59 pm

ridgerunner wrote:I can't think of any hunting seasons that are depressing to me.  IMO, it's depressing to hear the ill feelings towards gun hunting.  I grew up participating in and enjoying them all.
 Adam please know as A fellow hunter"  we  really do all  respect one another no matter what weapon  one use's and trust me,( I know there will come a day in the future that   the only way my old body will be able  to continue  to hunt, will be   gun hunting only. And  I know   our   Trophy wall would be more impressive if we would just  pick up the shotgun once in a while-, We all Here love reading  every success story be it a  bowkill or a successful  gun  hunting story,

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:53 pm

Barb , if you think someday you will have to hang up your bow , for good, why wait ?? Do it now and enjoy it. I know guys that had to take up crossbows and totally hated the idea. They never thought they would not be able to use their bows, either compound or recurve. But the day came . Now a couple years into it , they just love being in the woods. The good thing, these guys know their limits and one is even taking it further, he will not shoot past 30 yards , even though he knows he could shoot past that.  Plus your shotgun is nothing like a rifle , a deer still has to be fairly close !! What would depress me is sitting in the house when I could be out hunting no matter what the weapon is. As long as we wake up each morning , life is good so we might as well make the best of it and enjoy it , even if its something new.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:37 am

ridgerunner wrote:I can't think of any hunting seasons that are depressing to me.  IMO, it's depressing to hear the ill feelings towards gun hunting.  I grew up participating in and enjoying them all.
Adam, Don't get me wrong. My depression from the start of gun season isn't really about people using the gun itself. The truth is that I love the camaraderie of camp and fellowship with family and friends. Yet I know that there are so many people out there who kill the first buck that they see just to get out of the woods and just want to say that they hunted. And I know that there is nothing morally wrong with it but for those of us who love the deer themselves, it's tough to take. Add to that I'm also seeing the end of another season and know that we are heading into the full onset of winter which I love when there isn't much snow and I can shed hunt. 

In all life is good and those of us who love to bowhunt will get through this just like ever other year.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:24 am

cheers cheers cheers To day is the last day , and this next week's  weather forecast  is looking  good, and  I can not wait to get back out to bowhunting this week, Man we have not  heard many shots at all during  both the first and second season, That or even seen    to  many  gun hunter's  out in our area  this year,

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueID_LDS on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:52 am

Even though I had a gun kill, its the bowhunting I look forward to the most. The challenge and the peacefulness of being in the woods without guns going off is what I enjoy. My tree time is the best "ME" time I get all year! I'd go crazy without especially in the winter.
BlueID_LDS
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum