Update On Stuff.... Long read

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update On Stuff.... Long read

Post  kyhunter123 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:31 am

I haven't had much time to post anything. With thanksgiving and huntin alittle mixed in. Been on the busy side lol.... But on October 30th, There was some coon hunters behind the house and we back there to talk to them. So he got my dads number and said he would call before he goes back there. We didn't make much of a deal out of it... I go to Indiana. Come back. And my dad had said he went out back and was going to walk to the top of the hill to see if there was any deer in it. And he sad he got up there and jumped a doe up. It ran back toward the house and he heard 2 shots right next to the house. so he walks back and see that the Preachers truck is sitting there (There is a small church right next door). He didn't say anything to them. He said he never seen them pull anything out that day. So that weekend he was out there a few more times. My dad didn't want to say anything cause he didn't know if he had permission or not. So it was the last weekend (Sat.) and he goes on the back porch and a shot rings out and he said it sounded less than 60 yard from the house. So he walks down to the wood line and yells "Can you guys get any closer?!". He said he goes back up to the back porch and sees them walking out. They see him standing there and bolt back down in the woods. He said he stood out there for a hour and never seen them come out. The he walked around the house to his truck to get something and came back around and they were already gone. So they ended up coming back that after noon. Or the next day. I cant remember. But it was last day so he didn't say anything.... So it was Wednesday and my dad got a phone call. the coon hunter was calling him and telling him he has going to be back there. My dad just said ok and called me. I told him to call the owner and see if anybody even has permission to be back there. He didn't want to cause he hates to bug people with problems especially when to comes to hunting. But he did and she ended up calling back a few minutes later and she said nobody has permission to be back ther unless May says so (May is the main owner of farm. Its a big family farm so a few people are in on it) So she told my dad to call him back and tell him he cant hunt. My dad then tell her that the Judge is giving them permission.... We had no idea who the judge even was. We were told this twice already..... She then says The judge has no right to tell anybody anything! He don't own that property back there!.. So he calls him back and the guy gets mad and says he will just cal the judge then. My dad told him what she said and he pretty much just hung up the phone... I was kinda anxious to get over there casue I had just put 2 cameras out the day before and knowing people around here they would have went anyway and took anything they found. Luckily I don't think they went. my cameras were still there and I did had one surviver of gun season. He might be decent come next year if he came make a good jump.

So yesterday he was at the house and the owner (One he called) came over and was talking. She gave us permission to kick anybody off unless its the old guys that gun hunt back there. He told her about the preacher and she said he does not have permission to hunt back there and wants us to put Signs up on the trees that are right next to the church. She also said she does not want any coon hunting behind the house period and if there is anybody back there to kick them off no questions asked. We have permission to do what we want back there and the old guys can gun hunt and that is it. So hopefully that will end the crap back there and I can actually put my cameras out after gun season without worrying about them behind gone when I check them.... Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving!!
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Re: Update On Stuff.... Long read

Post  bowGal on Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:25 pm

My gosh Jacob, I have no idea how  you all deal with having  to share   hunting land rights with other people,  That sound's like  a nightmere dealing with all those other hunter's ,- 
 I could never deal with all that  b.s. or ever would, Glad to hear you guy's   finally can start weeding   some of these   folk's off that property,

Hopefully some time in the near future you can   buy a  piece of  land  and control it Wink

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:55 pm

bowGal wrote:My gosh Jacob, I have no idea how  you all deal with having  to share   hunting land rights with other people,  That sound's like  a nightmere dealing with all those other hunter's ,- 
 I could never deal with all that  b.s. or ever would, Glad to hear you guy's   finally can start weeding   some of these   folk's off that property,

Hopefully some time in the near future you can   buy a  piece of  land  and control it Wink
The 2 old guys aren't that bad. They shoot the first few things that walk by. And leave. Everybody else Thinks they have permission cause some guy said sure go ahead. They have probably been doing it for years and nobody had ever said anything to them so they thought they owned the place. But that's pretty typical out where I live. If nobody kicks you off. You own it.... and it's aggravating
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:12 pm

That's great to hear Jacob!! 
Barb,  that's what it's all about around here.  It's either that or you lease.  Sharing the woods isn't as bad as it sounds when you go in with the right frame of mind.  Your price to hunt is usually a handshake and a smile.
With that you have to realize others figure that out real quick.
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:33 pm

Good luck with that !!! I would have a feeling it could and just may get worse before it gets better. Seen it way too many times. Mainly when land gets sold and the new owners post it , then the next season they spend most of the time kicking people out. My hunting partner just did this on Monday ! For the 1st time in 36 years he was not at the cabin but stayed home to hunt his property. Well most people know he was gone and would walk around his place , even though we just put up brand new , bright yellow posted signs !! All these posted signs do is keep the honest guy out .
Barb , this is just one more example of " you have no idea how good you have it " !! Very Happy
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:26 pm

My cameras were still there today when I checked them lol. They cut half the fields the other day. Haven't got the back half. (Ik. These farmers are super slow). No fresh truck tracks or dog tracks. So that's a plus.
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:00 pm

Pa. Bowhunter wrote:Good luck with that !!! I would have a feeling it could and just may get worse before it gets better. Seen it way too many times. Mainly when land gets sold and the new owners post it , then the next season they spend most of the time kicking people out. My hunting partner just did this on Monday ! For the 1st time in 36 years he was not at the cabin but stayed home to hunt his property. Well most people know he was gone and would walk around his place , even though we just put up brand new , bright yellow posted signs !! All these posted signs do is keep the honest guy out .
Barb , this is just one more example of " you have no idea how good you have it " !! Very Happy
 Trust me   Rick I know we have it good, not having to share  the timber with anyone other then a friend or two-  the day  we do not own our own piece of property  or control our   lease the ground we hunt,  is the day  I will  totally  quit hunting,
No way will  I   or could  I ever deal with  hunting on ground that everyone has  a so called right to, that  or  ever  plan on doing any public ground hunting Wink

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Great to hear you still have your cameras in the same spot and not in somebody else's truck Very Happy !! It sounds like your dad doesn't want trouble but sometimes you have to quit being nice and just go after these people.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Pa. Bowhunter wrote:Great to hear you still have your cameras in the same spot and not in somebody else's truck Very Happy !! It sounds like your dad doesn't want trouble but sometimes you have to quit being nice and just go after these people.
My dad actually ain't a very nice person when it comes to people trespassing haha. He just didn't know if some of people really had permission or not so he doesn't want to deal with people if they really did. I'm sure now he will be nice to start. Then he will go into his mode if they try to start somthing. And somebody might not look to great when they leave haha
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:56 pm

The only way to know is to find out !!! If somebody really had the o.k. to hunt a place , they should be happy another person is watching and actually asking questions to see if they should or shouldn't be on the property.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum