He has been fighting his butt off as usual

View previous topic View next topic Go down

He has been fighting his butt off as usual

Post  bowGal on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:21 am

Cropped  these of the yard camera last night, he has  a big ole gouge in his neck,  noticed on the  card pull up on the top field also, just have not had time to up load those pic's, He is by all mean's back  moving  in daylight  chasing doe's.
  There is one thing  I have also noticed more  about him this year, He moves  more in  North wind's  and  like have posted before, I do not get it  he always has the north wind's up his rear,  From what yesterdays photo show- he came in from the north once again,

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: He has been fighting his butt off as usual

Post  Mountainman Vic on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:50 am

Looks like he had his head jacked back in his neck. lol. Dang, I hope you kill him soon.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:26 pm

That looks uncomfortable!
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:45 pm

LOl  I am not even sure at this moment  if there is any taxidermist   that could make him look pretty mounted, We have got to get him killed this year, I have begged and told Larry all year, he can not shot him if he ever get's the encounter again , this  Is  my buck- But right now, I  could care  less   which one of us tag him- He    has ran off  every  good buck in the area for the past few year's, As of now he is only allowing one other   8pt and  lot's of small bucks  here on the home farm-  I pulled all the camera on most of our lease ground months ago, so after this  weekend    I plan on getting  more camera's set up in a few area's over there, Just hoping and praying a few other younger bucks   with better rack's    are still with us, By all means  there still have to be  a few around that have made it,  Due to   seeing    his   battle wound's Wink this past week.

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:49 pm

If you don't kill him this year he might find that it's a little tougher to handle those younger mature deer by next year. He's getting old.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  wihunter24 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:05 pm

I have a great idea Idea Idea Idea Idea  With my muzzleloader buck down, I'm tagged out, so give me a call and set me up and I'll come show you how it's done! lol! cheers cheers cheers

Hope you connect on him Barbie- how much longer is your season?
wihunter24
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:49 pm

Mountainman Vic wrote:If you don't kill him this year he might find that it's a little tougher to handle those younger mature deer by next year. He's getting old.
 Vic  my biggest regret this season, is that  I actually for the first time this year and ever since I started hunting  held off doing  more earlier season hunting  to get on him, Knowing him  like  I have  over the years, I  held my grounds on trying something new this year,   listening to everyone  saying stay out of your best area's   when it comes to tagging out a Mature  buck-  until at least the end of oct, I have never done that before, Oct hunting on this farm is  far more better then any  rut hunting has ever shown me!!!!!!!! I  stayed out of  all my favorite area's, let alone never stepped foot  or ran any camera's in   my favorite timber area's since  last March, I pulled  so many camera's this year because of  Brutus, I begged Larry and  Bob to listen to me,on when to schedule our hunting  vacation - I know after  7 yr.s here when   the  prime time to hunt this farm is  and it is not  the first  two week's of  Nov.
 Yes  trust  me ,  I know   both Bob and Larry question me and have   many  time's over the many year's- That  and   The first word that  start's with the letter  B  was not  Barb-   lol! if it was not all the  work  I do yearly  that or showing them photo's  both of them have no clue on what deer are here And , That is fine by me, lol-, The best  part of this season so far has been  that buddy  Bob  got to put  his tag on  the high racked  9pt, and that  early phone call I got from him,  He was so  excited, and I could not wait to  get with him on doing the recovery, Larry was  hunting not  very far from him that afternoon and  Bob asked me not to radio and  tell Larry  because he did not Larry to come in early from his hunt, as  Bob did not want to   celebrate his success  with Larry still having a  an hour or so of shooting light left, I replied back to  Bob- Are  you kidding me???? Larry would love nothing more then  to end his hunt early !!!!! And could not wait to help out    dragging him out- being  the Second buck killed in  7 year's off this farm  We were all  on  Cloud  Nine that afternoon,  I have never even had time to  even  share much of  Bob's hunt,    or the trail cam pic's  showing just how far this buck  traveled that day- Ok sorry to  ramble, so much, but it sure feel's great to be back talking whitetail once again, It has been one hard year and I am so sorry  that  I have been a downer  to the site lately,., I can not wait to get back out hunting  next week

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:07 pm

wihunter24 wrote:I have a great idea Idea Idea Idea Idea  With my muzzleloader buck down, I'm tagged out, so give me a call and set me up and I'll come show you how it's done! lol! cheers cheers cheers

Zack you crack me up, god love  you,   just saw your   Muz buck And , congratulations  bud,  after this weekend get's over,  we still have  a  muzzle loader season coming  up but  but we can still bow hunt during that gun season with a bow  until  Jan.18th cheers
 LOL if  you really think you can come down here and Kill  this one pain in our butt wise ole buck- come on down -
  I would love every minute of   sharing   that  hunt with you,. Do not rule me out yet, on getting this  wise ole  pain in the butt tagged this year
 Just am not very happy at the moment  that he is finally back on his feet in daylight this weekend, but at least he is still smart enough to know to keep his butt here!!!!! and the doe is on right now is a homing  regular-

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  wihunter24 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:28 pm

bowGal wrote:
wihunter24 wrote:I have a great idea Idea Idea Idea Idea  With my muzzleloader buck down, I'm tagged out, so give me a call and set me up and I'll come show you how it's done! lol! cheers cheers cheers

Zack you crack me up, god love  you,   just saw your   Muz buck And , congratulations  bud,  after this weekend get's over,  we still have  a  muzzle loader season coming  up but  but we can still bow hunt during that gun season with a bow  until  Jan.18th cheers
 LOL if  you really think you can come down here and Kill  this one pain in our butt wise ole buck- come on down -
  I would love every minute of   sharing   that  hunt with you,. Do not rule me out yet, on getting this  wise ole  pain in the butt tagged this year
 Just am not very happy at the moment  that he is finally back on his feet in daylight this weekend, but at least he is still smart enough to know to keep his butt here!!!!! and the doe is on right now is a homing  regular-

Lots of time left then!  As much as I'd like to come shoot him, I can't as I'd feel guilty / bad shooting one of your deer, that you've put all the time, work and effort into.  It drives me crazy when people shoot deer that I was after, simply because I know how much I've invested into hunting- whether it be time, money, foodplots, etc..... and they just show up for one hunt on a neighboring property and kill the deer.  Call me greedy, but it drives me nuts especially when they don't realize or appreciate just what kind of deer they've got.

P.S. I'm wokring on the story.....
wihunter24
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum