Have to say something, Just because I care about you all

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have to say something, Just because I care about you all

Post  bowGal on Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:34 pm

But, it   breaks my heart to  log in and  see  very few member's posting anymore,
 And I would truly like to know Why????
 My excuse is mostly because in daily life it has been  the worst year of our Life- dealing more so with Family matter's that and  a few health/ and personally  issue's both Larry have this year  and We  want to make some   change in our life's- And have started doing so- and  it hurt's with losing  a few so called  one sided  friendship's,
 I  personally come to  a hunting forum to talk   Deer,  turkey,   Big game or small game hunting/fishing  - Heck everything the great outdoor's  blesses  a fellow hunter or  huntress has to to share,  be it good or  bad, new's. 
 Hunting related or  personal,
 So can some of you that  care as much as  few of us do about  this  Site  Please  tell me why you no longer post?

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Have to say something, Just because I care about you all

Post  Mountainman Vic on Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:06 pm

Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost Lost

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  John B on Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:51 am

My desk got turned at work in a direction that everyone in the office can see my screen now....As funny/stupid as it sounds this is why I don't get on as often as I used to. When im at home I don't really get on the internet. (not that I ever really posted much anyway Laughing )

John B
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:56 am

I still try and get on the forum as much as possible and really enjoy it here!  Simply life that gets in the way. I just started a new job that eats up more of my time, still run a consulting company on the side, publish BGI magazine and working on the video side of things, along with finishing up my M.Sc. this spring so this has just been the busiest time in my life. Not to mention the 2 girls under 2 years old at home who are always my #1 priority timewise. I'll always come back here though whenever I can.

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  MEhunter on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:10 am

I try to get on and post/comment on as many peoples posts as I can. I don't get around to posting all my stories any more because I'm just really busy hunting in the fall. When I'm at work during the day is when I do the most of my posting. I can't spend too much time going back and forth between here and uploading stuff to photobucket then copying over here. After work is done I'm pretty much in the woods til dark every day from September to early December. I very rarely go on a computer at night or on the weekend because after the week/day is done the last thing I want to do is sit in front of a computer. I will check in on my phone because I like to see what everyone is killing, but just don't have the time to sit down, upload and post a whole write about it. FB is often much easier because it's a direct post from phone to online and a quick snipit of what happened.

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  impactarcher on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Only 24 hrs in a day, and a honey to do list a mile long!   Between work, doing bids, paper work, remodeling my kitchen (building the cabinets too), taxidermy work on the side, taking Lexie to dance class in the evenings, I'm tired when it's all done!   I read what's going on here but just don't post much.      Now back to work lol

impactarcher
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:42 pm

I know that I used to post a lot more in the past. I just have not had time. My wife and I work opposite schedules so I work all nights, then I come home and take care of things there. I just don't have a lot to add to the site as my outdoor time is so little right now. Like Steve said, I do a lot more reading here than actual posting.
Godfather
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:53 am

John B wrote:My desk got turned at work in a direction that everyone in the office can see my screen now....As funny/stupid as it sounds this is why I don't get on as often as I used to. When im at home I don't really get on the internet. (not that I ever really posted much anyway Laughing )
 LOL  John  this has to be the  best excuse of them all,   lol! lol!  Too funny
 And   thanks   guy's for replies.

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  G3 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:45 pm

To be absolutely honest Barb, I feel as the family that we created when this sight opened has gone away, so has my want to share personal things with most. I have personally had the toughest year of my life with family health from My brother and best friend having a major stroke this spring to my mom having cancer and being treated at Mayo clinic only to come home and be diagnosed with another cancer cell that lead to more chemo and in turn lead them finding cancer on her brain stem that she will be having surgery for tomorrow morning, the worry and heartache of trying to raise an autistic son...the list goes on and on and when I read my own comments back to myself I think jesus H...what a fricken whiner. There are people all over this world that have life so much worse than I....thats is another topic all together. I guess it simply boils down to I have had such a limited amount of time to experience the outdoors I havent had a whole lot to share. It used to be that I couldnt wait to come here and share my experiences with everyone, but the majority of people that we all knew so well and developed those relationships with have gone away. I have sent messages to some people without a simple response back to say hey I got your message, or a reply of any kind. It sucks honestly, I come here and read often but the sharing and caring has all but disappeared here.
G3
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:01 pm

Well,  I'm finding different things are affecting my time here.  Life, health lack of outdoor time has put a sour note on things.  When I do get on and start looking at posts & the lack of replies lately.  I figure why bother...I don't need a little screen and keyboard to talk to myself.  
Not to mention this is incredibly frustrating to use on a mobile device...
The box for typing is so tiny you can see only one line maybe two and it's impossible to scroll up or down with out messing something up...then for me to get all the way down to the send button is another feat meant for Nick Lawenda.
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bakerman on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:37 pm

I always stop in and take a look around,just don't post much.   Been that way for many years.

Bakerman
12 Point
12 Point

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:56 am

G3 wrote:To be absolutely honest Barb, I feel as the family that we created when this sight opened has gone away, so has my want to share personal things with most. I have personally had the toughest year of my life with family health from My brother and best friend having a major stroke this spring to my mom having cancer and being treated at Mayo clinic only to come home and be diagnosed with another cancer cell that lead to more chemo and in turn lead them finding cancer on her brain stem that she will be having surgery for tomorrow morning, the worry and heartache of trying to raise an autistic son...the list goes on and on and when I read my own comments back to myself I think jesus H...what a fricken whiner. There are people all over this world that have life so much worse than I....thats is another topic all together. I guess it simply boils down to I have had such a limited amount of time to experience the outdoors I havent had a whole lot to share. It used to be that I couldnt wait to come here and share my experiences with everyone, but the majority of people that we all knew so well and developed those relationships with have gone away. I have sent messages to some people without a simple response back to say hey I got your message, or a reply of any kind. It sucks honestly, I come here and read often but the sharing and caring has all but disappeared here.
Prayers today for your mom and your whole family my brother!  Our talk about our connection with autism in the past was perfect timing for me and I thank you for that!   God bless your family today and always! Its time to re-connect this USAFAMILY!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  DMW97 on Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:42 pm

UPS Peak Season haven't even got to the woods since thanksgiving. Will hopefully be able to get on more often after the new years. Hope everyone's doin alright!
DMW97
Pope & Young
Pope & Young

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:22 am

Facebook is my biggest problem. I get carried away on there and then don't have much time to browse other pages. :(And, Hunting, dogs, agility, work, life has just gotten carried away. 
Another thing tho is when I do get on here it seems like I'm never logged in. It must log me out every week or so and yea I'm just a little lazy to log in every time I want to post something. Wink
Laura
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:46 am

Hey Barb....that needed to be said, and I'm personally sorry, I'll do better!  I found reading through everyone else's comments that it seems we all have had an unusually tough year.  For me it seems no matter how hard I try to plan, things have not gone the way I envisioned them recently!  
     As usual I don't have time to write in depth as I would like to but I will sum it up by saying this...when I think about all the things I care about, you all...most who I have never met in person, are people I know I care very much about!  I know by what you write that we share so many things besides the animals and outdoors that we love, in common. 
    Ok...New Year's resolution #1 is to be HERE more often!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum