Any help ???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any help ???

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:34 pm

I saw a product that most of us need , but can't find it anywhere. To me , or anyone who butchers their own deer , its almost the best thing since sliced bread Very Happy !!! Well maybe not. The product I need is a saw blade for a saws all , but the teeth are opposite than a normal blade. Which in turn , tosses all the bone fragments away from the saw instead of into the saw. The bad part, I can't even remember where I saw them. But I'm getting sick and tired of having to clean out the end of my saw after doing my deer .
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Any help ???

Post  MEhunter on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:50 pm

Pa. Bowhunter wrote:I saw a product that most of us need , but can't find it anywhere. To me , or anyone who butchers their own deer , its almost the best thing since sliced bread Very Happy !!! Well maybe not. The product I need is a saw blade for a saws all , but the teeth are opposite than a normal blade. Which in turn , tosses all the bone fragments away from the saw instead of into the saw. The bad part, I can't even remember where I saw them. But I'm getting sick and tired of having to clean out the end of my saw after doing my deer .

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Rocky-Top-Ripper-Reciprocating-Saw-Blades/847462.uts

I googled it and came up with a bunch of different options as well, try "sawzall blades reverse meat processing"

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:19 pm

If you get one Rick, let us know how it works. I've bought them before for my jig saw but hate them. They push what you're cutting away from you and it don't work very smooth. I'm wondering how well it works for you.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Well , I know I sure can't order from Cabelas right now , already spent WAY TOO much ( well that's what Tina said Very Happy ) the last two weeks from there. I know the ones I saw were stainless , I have checked every catalog I have from anyone who has butchering tools. Nothing. I have came to the conclusion that when I see something I like , write it down or save it for another time !!
Vic , I think they would work great , if its the wood/metal blade . A regular wood blade is too aggressive for bone and a regular metal blade isn't aggressive enough. I have the problem of it pulling everything into the saw itself , unless its on full speed before you hit the bone.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:07 pm

I never had a problem with it. But I can tell you that I would never pay the extra for stainless. I've never saw a hand meat saw that had a stainless blade and for all the longer a sawzal blade last, it would never be worth it. What the heck do you even need one for anyhow? I only ever split the deer if I'm going to put it on the band saw and the clean up on that isn't worth the trouble of the few cuts. I normally just cut the flank open and leave it hang for a few days and then take it all off the bone.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:01 pm

The stainless ones I saw were right around $20 for 2 or 3 blades , which isn't bad. I rarely have the weather to hang one. I was lucky to let both hang in the garage for a day , well overnight into the next afternoon. Then I 1/4 the deer and put it in the fridge for 4 or 5 days. I don't cut the entire rear 1/4's off the bone. Only two sections, which anymore I cut into tips. Rarely do I cut steaks anymore. If I could get my hands on a reefer unit off a wrecked trailer I would build a walk in cooler !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum