Well it finally happened to me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Well it finally happened to me

Post  bowGal on Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:45 am

Mad Mad Mad  Just found out  I had one of my Covert Illuminators stolen, and  I am one ticked of  gal right now,   I have not doubt it was a  gun hunter on the Klauser' farm to our very far east, 
 What ticks me off more  is I just talked to that land owner and  he said (he had no hunters) I said well yes you did as we heard the shot   right at last light as Larry was hunting right above that area, Then the ole piece of crap told me he even if his hunter  stole my camera he was not going to  tell me his name, 
 I just said  well  sir , I guess you are another perfect exampe of what is  wrong with the world today, and hung up before  I  let the  foul word's start flying Crying or Very sad

Last edited by bowGal on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Well it finally happened to me

Post  shedder on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:06 am

A definate disadvantage of the illuminator is that bright flash makes it an easy target to thieves or even would be not thieves but busted trespassers who didn't want to get their pic engraved on film.
Did you have other cams in the area that the hunter may have passed by?
I wonder if that last shot hit a deer that went onto your land.  Hunter followed crossed your cam and did the easy way out instead of the right way?
That sucks Barb!  This was my first year to not lose one, but I pulled them during gun season this year.  Mostly due to lack of bucks on film but also due to this very thing.
Any talk of last day success near you?  Would be a first start.  Seems like someone would talk about that if you were just talking deer and not stolen cameras.
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  impactarcher on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:38 am

Want me to take care of him for you?  Very Happy  Sorry about the cam

impactarcher
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  G3 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:21 pm

I have been on that end of the problem to many times and it always sucks! Sorry to hear you have neighbors like that Barb
G3
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:19 pm

That sucks !! That's also why all of my cameras are in steel boxes , well at least it keeps the lazy thieves away . If they want it , they will find a way . This is what pisses me off , we are "supposed" to be one big family , its bad enough to argue over animals , either too young or too small , but to steal from another hunter , well that is the worst !! I quit counting how many stands I have walked by in the woods , and the only thing I ever do , look around and think yea , this is a good spot Very Happy and keep on moving.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:14 am

Now you are sure you didn't take it down and move it?????? I feel for you Barb. I know just how you feel.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:58 pm

Thats the worst Barb!  Ive been in your shoes too many times, and to even have someone there who knows who stole it is that much worse. 

Did you ever think of calling the cops? I know they have  bigger things to deal with, but they may be able to make your neighbor talk and give a name for them to follow up or else face obstruction charges? I lost 2 cams and a stand a couple years back and I knew who took it because he hunted the same area and was the only person in there. I talked to the local officers and they went to his house and had a good chat with him. I never got my stuff back but the guy has never, ever come close to our area again....

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:46 pm

Unfortunately I know the feeling Barb. It sucks but it's worse when someone knows but refuses to help. The first two cameras I ever bought were stolen when someone leased the farm we hunted with no warning. I'm almost positive it was whoever leased it because we had never had any problems until we were told it was leased and to go get our stuff but it was already gone when we got there. The farmer wouldn't even tell us who leased it.
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum