Have you ever done somthing so dumb...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have you ever done somthing so dumb...

Post  kyhunter123 on Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:58 pm

You laugh at yourself? This morning I got back to where I wanted to park the fourwheeler. Got off. Get stand on my back. Backpack on. And I start looking around and I totally forgot my bow at the house lol! lol! . I had to go all the way back and get it lol. I had such a terrible day. But it was fun. I was trying to kill a doe. And I had 10 between this morning and this afternoon within 40 yards. And could not shoot one. This morning. Well. I could have shot one but it was right at daylight and I wanted to make sure one wasent a button buck. And this afternoon. We had 6 or 7 come in. And well. Lets just say. The old does. Are smarter than crap. And 6 sets of eyes are very hard to trick... Iv been putting corn out and put a camera over it and had 2200 pictures in 2 nights. 50lb Bag of corn gone In one night. These does are there every night at 5-5:30. So killing one shouldn't be to hard.

First shed buck on camera of the year.

This is what I have to deal with When the doe's come in lol. I guess its not really a bad issue though.

There are 8 in this picture. Im sure this is not very unusual but I never see big groups like this around here.
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you ever done somthing so dumb...

Post  chukbuk on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:13 pm

I actually did that once!  Up well before dawn, showered in scent away soap, truck loaded the night before to save time.  Arrived at the spot about 20 minutes from home when I realized my stupidity! Instead of going home, I scouted the area for a future hunt and thoroughly enjoyed my day!
     You are right...just have to laugh at yourself sometimes!

Happy New Year!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  catfish willy on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:45 pm

I can't think of anything stupid hunting related I have done. Like a lot of people I climbed up in the stand one morning about 45 minutes before shooting light and about 15 minutes later I started to put my release on. I thought it was in my backpack but I left it at home. Luckily I was hunting a few hundred yards from the house so I ran back got it and ran back to the stand well before shooting light
catfish willy
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:21 am

I have done it a few times, and also done some things that have almost made my cry!  Years ago, I was in the stand all morning, saw nothing so climbed out and headed out, only made it 50 yards and realized I left my pack up in the stand. So I leaned my bow up against a tree and headed back up to the stand, I climbed up, grabbed my pack and turned around to see the big 10 point I had been hunting for the last 3 years casually walking 20 yards from my stand and he proceeded to walk about 10 yards from my bow which was still leaning against that tree. I sat down on the stand and may have cried a little, lol.

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:49 am

That is ROUGH, Chad!  Lesson learned I'm sure. 

I've made it to my stand without my quiver and arrows twice. Once I laid my bow and climber down to shut and lock the gate and drove off on the four wheeler with out picking up my bow. Lol. Had to drive back to the gate in my truck to get it.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:46 pm

Last week I went to do the weekly filling of the feeders at the farm for shed season. Got in the truck, creeped back to the middle of the farm not to spook any deer, park the truck, drop the tail gate, and realized I didnt bring any corn. Rolling Eyes
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:06 pm

Uh nope Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!! Well maybe a few !! Like not seeing anything , letting my bow down and taking the rope off the climber . Before the rope hit the ground I heard a grunt , looked up only to see the big 10 with an 9 inch droptine standing at 15 yards !! He walked by at 5 feet , smelled my bow and walked across the wide open field , and I swear I could hear him laughing ALL THE WAY  across the field !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:30 am

Oh man, that is a tough one Rick!

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Chad you have no idea Very Happy !!! I didn't know if I should cry , scream , throw things or laugh !! That was the 1st and last time I ever took the string off the stand to let my bow down and the last time I ever went up that pain in the rear tree !!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  ridgerunner on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:21 pm

It wasn't me but my hunting partner left his bow behind once.  We were done elk hunting and packing out.  After a mile or so the packs had shifted and needed adjustments.  We got it done and back on our way.  Get to the truck 4.5 hours later and my buddy goes "where's my bow".  He thinks about it for a while and says he remembers placing it on the ground when we re-arranged the packs.  It was to late to go back that night but made a deal where the next morning he would cape out my bull and I'll ride back up and get his bow.  I got up there and there layed his bow, pack and arrows.
ridgerunner
Booner
Booner

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:46 pm

Great thread, I hate to admit it but I have another one and its from this year!  I was videoing my elk hunt, first thing in the morning watching a 50yard wide cutline where the elk cross, setup at 150 yards with my rifle. 20 cows crossed but no bull so I decided to try a bugle. As I was bugling another elk crossed but I just caught the end of it, figured it was another cow. A small bull came right in but I passed him. Camera was rolling the whole time. I told Lindsay when I got home and she wanted to see it, so I set it up on the TV and she watched it while I made breakfast. Suddenly she yelled  'why didnt you shoot him!" I laughed and said it was a young bull, then she started arguing that it wasnt so I came in to look and sure enough, while the camera was rolling, you could hear me digging in my pack for my bugle while an absolutely huge 6x6 bull walked across the clearing. It was the huge herd bull I have been chasing for years, I would say 360+ for sure. Even worse was that he answered my bugle but I am so darn deaf I didn't hear it.

To soon, it still makes me sick to think about...

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:42 pm

Chad , at least you have it on video , so when your feeling good just turn it on and watch just how bad you messed up Very Happy Very Happy !!!
I must add one to the list. Most of us have done this !!! I call it the nature calls screw up !!! Before the kids started hunting and when I was by myself in the stand , a bit too much coffee plus that good outdoor cooked bacon came a calling. I climb down out of the stand , light up a smoke and hit the port a pot under the stand. Then out comes a nice 8 point , feeding within bow range !! I reach for my gun and forgot that I left it up in the stand. The buck is still there. I finish my "outdoor exercise " and try to get back inside the stand, with the buck watching me the whole time. Just as I get my hands on my gun and start to pull up he takes off across the field !!! Never again do I do my exercising without my gun right by my side Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum