Best trail cams....tired of the blurred pics!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Best trail cams....tired of the blurred pics!!!

Post  thedecoyguy on Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:17 pm

I am looking to upgrade some of my trail cameras. I'm tired of the blurry pics. The older flash cuddebacks used to give me great photos, no blurred pics and no misses. The newer ones, not so much. I've lost confidence in Cuddebacks now. My Wildgame pics are good if they aren't moving, but they're blurry if the deer are moving even slightly. I run a lot of trail cams, so affordabliity is a factor too. Please include what I should expect to pay too.
thedecoyguy
12 Point
12 Point

Back to top Go down

Re: Best trail cams....tired of the blurred pics!!!

Post  bowGal on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:51 pm

Rob  I have great luck  with all the Covert's I run,  but to be honest I do not  believe there is a  camera on the market that   you will still not  get  a fair share of  some  blurred  photo's . Wink  
 I run my camera's alot more in video mode then I do  photo anymore,    But I am still very happy with motion pic's from my coverts while in the photo setting's
 I would suggest you should  at least invest in    1 Covert  RED 40 and  1 Covert Black  60

Last edited by bowGal on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:55 pm

A lot of us on here have started using Covert cameras. I really like mine so far. I do get a lot of "nothing pics" if there is any weeds near it that are blowing in the breeze but on the good side of things. That means it triggers easy. I do still get some blurry pics when they are moving. I think that's the nature of the beast. I always did with my old Cuddies too. I've never owned any Reconex cameras. For the cost of them they should be perfect every time. My coverts are the lower end and I'm happy with them. Some of the other on here have the better camera and the pics show the difference. I opt to go with the cheaper cameras in order to have more of them.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Willy on Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:14 pm

I am up to 18 coverts now. I have one Moultrie and one Bushnell left in the arsenal but i have have great luck with the coverts and for a 200ish dollar camera i dont think you can go wrong. I use cheap Rayovac batteries in mine and I get thousands of pictures before having to change them . 
They have a flash camera now that i would guess would help with the night time blurr, but i dont personally have one yet .
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:37 pm

I'll 'fourth' the coverts. Besides taking awesome pics for the $200 range, they've also got the best customer care out there. (From everything I've heard, never had to use it myself)
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bakerman on Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:40 pm

Willy wrote:I am up to 18 coverts now. I have one Moultrie and one Bushnell left in the arsenal but i have have great luck with the coverts and for a 200ish dollar camera i dont think you can go wrong. I use cheap Rayovac batteries in mine and I get thousands of pictures before having to change them . 
They have a flash camera now that i would guess would help with the night time blurr, but i dont personally have one yet .

Willy, what are the best coverts to get? Seems like they have a lot of choice's

Bakerman
12 Point
12 Point

Back to top Go down

Post  Willy on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:51 pm

Craig i personally like the Red 40s, thats what i have the most of . The black 60s are good too.
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:01 pm

I don't own any Coverts , yet. I kinda gave up on Bushnell and went to Moultrie. Best customer service I have found yet. I had just ordered some "internet specials" back in September or so. The cameras sucked compared to my D55IR XT's , they only took 1 picture for every 6 out of the 55's . So I sent those back and got some M80XD and they work a lot better. No charge and actually got 5 sent back instead of the original 4 I ordered. My days of buying a $200 plus camera are about over. The refurbished Moultries I got were $ 59 and $79 and work just as good as the Bushnells I have , even taking better nighttime pictures . No they are not a $200 bushnell trophy cam , but I can get 4 or 5 moultries for the price of 1 store bought bushnell. Which means I can cover a lot more area.
As for WGI , I wouldn't buy any of their cameras. I bought one years ago , then heard guys talking about them , so I called . Told them my camera quit working and they told me , " what did you expect for the cheap price " , followed by we will not replace it or try to fix it. So I returned the un-opened camera back to gander mountain and never looked at them again.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Another vote for Covert

Post  chukbuk on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:28 am

I have had good luck with Covert Extreme red40's.  Great customer service, dependable cameras.  Learned that good lighting and attention to setup angles can make a big difference in clear photos.  Still no answer to blurry pics when animals move.  
     Coverts do seem to use more batteries then the few Bushnell's I have left.  The Bushnell's are good but I only ever buy them when Cabelas has them on sale.  Silly but I really do like the tie-on tree straps with Bushnell better than any other strap system.

You can sometimes find Red 40's for under 150.00 online.
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:24 am

How is the battery life on the Coverts ?? That's one part I really can't complain about , either with my Bushnell cameras or any of my Moultrie cameras , from the older D battery ones or the C or AA batteries. I could get a year easy with any of them.
The one part I don't like about the Bushnell trophy cams is how they take pictures at night. I hate only seeing a circle effect , with 1/2 the picture kind of blacked out except the center of the pic.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kyhunter123 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:49 am

Pa. Bowhunter wrote:How is the battery life on the Coverts ?? That's one part I really can't complain about , either with my Bushnell cameras or any of my Moultrie cameras , from the older D battery ones or the C or AA batteries. I could get a year easy with any of them.
The one part I don't like about the Bushnell trophy cams is how they take pictures at night. I hate only seeing a circle effect , with 1/2 the picture kind of blacked out except the center of the pic.
I got my MP8 in mid august. And put 8 energizers in it and after takeing idk how many pictures, thousands and thousands. Its still on 2 bars of 3. My red40s got batteries put in them on the same day and I just changed them last week. They could have lasted longer. But i wanted to get new ones anyways.
kyhunter123
Booner
Booner

http://ctdoutdoors.wix.com/ctdoutdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:05 pm

I have a box full of cameras and have tried just about every camera out there minus the Reconix...never thought the pic quality was worth the price.

I have no dog in this fight.  With out any hesitation I would offer my Covert Red40's up against any thing I have ever tried or seen with exception maybe to what Chad has been using. 
I don't know anything about Chad's camera except it puts out a pretty pic.  I can tell you I have had nothing but good to say about my Red 40's.  Over the past year and a half the customer support has been excellent!  Just a regular customer and you would think I was someone special or something.
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Gobbler on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Honestly I agree with Barb, no camera is perfect. I think it is luck of the draw. I have always had good luck with Moultrie cams. I picked up a red 40 Covert in the spring, I got the cam and a bear safe for under $200. The battery life in both brands were great. I would get 4 or 5 months out of both and that's with about 400 pics a week. The picture quality in both brands were great also.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:29 am

I can't leave out my Moultrie Panoranic 150.
The pic quality is great and you can go from the panoramic to standard to HD video. Each panoramic is actually a series of 3 pics that the camera takes based on which side the motion is detected from.  You can take the panoramic and crop out each section for individual photos for the best of both worlds!  
I really love this cam for its price especially!  I do on occasion get some cloudy whitish on part of a side of a panoramic for time to time.  I don't know why if it has to do whit timing of moving the camera over to the side and snapping the pic of what I have no clue.  It doesn't happen a lot but I would not say rarely either.
Wanted to put that out there
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:53 am

Ive used probably a half dozen different brands with limited success. Havent used the Coverts as I have never been able to find them up here but I would like to try them. We aer slowly switching all our cams over to UWAY cams, amazing battery life in the cold, quality pics and they just work. There are some blurry pics at night but only if the deer are moving quickly. Ive just used the cheaper ones, have 8 now and will get another dozen this year! http://www.uwayoutdoors.com/

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:53 am

TheCReW wrote:Ive used probably a half dozen different brands with limited success. Havent used the Coverts as I have never been able to find them up here but I would like to try them. We aer slowly switching all our cams over to UWAY cams, amazing battery life in the cold, quality pics and they just work. There are some blurry pics at night but only if the deer are moving quickly. Ive just used the cheaper ones, have 8 now and will get another dozen this year! http://www.uwayoutdoors.com/
 Checked out the uway link, Chad do they not have a  model with  audio /video, ? I love all the photo's you share  but I have to have   that audio feature , in video mode . lol Covert has me  so spoiled Wink

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  trachntr on Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:33 am

I'm partial in this recommendation, but you should take a look at SPYPOINT trail cameras manufactured by GG Telecom who have really stepped up their game the past two years, no pun intended.
Made in Canada ( only lens is made in China ), the cameras are smaller, quicker trigger speeds, 5 detection zones, great battery life, clear pic quality, day or night and HD video. The customer service  is also very good . Sorry for the sales pitch guys, I just though I would forward the info. They are coming out with 4 new models this April and I will post some details on them soon. Also take a look at their cellular cameras, the LIVE 4G and LIVE 4GVerizon.
trachntr
10 Point
10 Point

http://www.apassionforwhitetail.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum