Rick ,Vic PA guys

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rick ,Vic PA guys

Post  bowGal on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:37 pm

??  Do you  guy's think it is to late to try and  get a hotel room for the upcoming NRA  Great American Outdoor show next month in Harrisburg???????
 Larry is really wanting to come up to that show, ( of course  weather permitting/and if we can  getting a house/babysitter, Thought I would start checking hotel's,  later tonight , so any suggestions would be great!

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Rick ,Vic PA guys

Post  Mountainman Vic on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:27 pm

PM sent

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:10 pm

Wink Wink Wink
 got them,  Thank you, Hey Alex  seeing your on at the moment  You want to house sit for us???

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:02 pm

I don't see a problem. I doubt you'll get real close , those usually are booked a year ahead. But there are tons of places in the area. I would tell you to stay right here , but if your driving in , well I doubt Larry would want to drive for an hour to get there. I will be sending you a message later, got to play with Tripp before he goes home Very Happy Very Happy !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:52 am

I hope there are rooms available as I plan on taking my son out for a day. We are going to go on Friday the 13th if anyone is interested in meeting up. If you get on the website for the show it has a list of hotels. Just at a quick glance it looked like there were plenty of rooms available. Most of the places are also offering a free shuttle to and from the show.
Godfather
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:47 am

Dang Barb, I'm going to be in Texas for that whole week or I would come to the show just to meet you and Larry!  Hope you find some lodging!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:50 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Not going to be able to head up for  show  now, Larry  has to work the next  2 weekend's  in order to get a  hot job finished, and completed  to ship out on
 Feb 16th.

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:46 pm

Double-dang, don't you hate when a good plan falls apart!  Sorry Barb
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Godfather wrote:I hope there are rooms available as I plan on taking my son out for a day. We are going to go on Friday the 13th if anyone is interested in meeting up. If you get on the website for the show it has a list of hotels. Just at a quick glance it looked like there were plenty of rooms available. Most of the places are also offering a free shuttle to and from the show.
I plan on making the 6 hour trek this year for a day.  Hoping to take a side trip down to the KY lease to look for sheds and say hello and good bye to her.  It will have to be in the middle of the week though.
I noticed the celeb list is pretty thin so far.  Chuckled when I saw Michael Waddel was going to be there for only one day.  Fell to the floor when I saw he was only going to be there for 2 hours! That will be a zoo trying to shake his hand!  
Has the boycott the other year hurt the attendance of the celebs?
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:22 am

No shortage on attendance Matt !! With every gun maker ( or so it seemed ) last year , the lack of " flea market " type booths and kind of a better layout ( for some areas) it was better. If your coming down in the middle of the week I would try to be there around noon, might even be able to park close to a door !!
As far as Waddell goes , I doubt you would have to wait in a line long for him anymore. When the BC crew was there in 2011 or 2012 they had an awesome set up , TV's playing their show , some music in the background etc.., he was there last year with a fold up table , it had a cheap a$$ cover over it , and their shirts ( or lack of ) were being displayed on a fold out wooden display that looked like a 2nd grader built Very Happy !! I guess cheating on his wife wasn't good for his career.
I'm not sure whats going on with some others. Most are only there for a few days , I'm sure buddy Matt Morrett will be heading for Nashville at the end of the week , Chuck said he was sure the Open season crew was going to be there , and of course Lee & Tiff's show season was over after the SHOT show . The big draw last year was Eva Shockey and Jim Shockey.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:47 am

Rick '11 or '12 was the last time I went and that's what I'm basing it on.  Your right that place your rocking.  That whole section was!    That's right Tiff and Lee are expecting forgot about that!  I guess it's maybe it's more a changing of the guard type thing then.  I didn't recognize many of the names...maybe they are the new celebs.  I'm just the old guy not keeping up. Sleep Thanks for the update.
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:40 am

A lot of them look like they will be at a sponsor booth , like the outdoor channel . Quite a few of the names have been around for a long time , like Bob Foulkrod . Alan Probst does a local show and also a trapping show on the pursuit or sportsmans channel.
Plus with the NWTF show going on the last weekend , that will hurt some also. I know Matt is going and I'm sure Pat will also be there since he is making some awesome calls for the NWTF , which I would like to get my hands on !!!
I don't know how some of them make out at the show , I know Ralph and Vicki have to make some decent money selling stuff there and Lee and Tiff make a few bucks also Very Happy , I talked with Linda the year the show was cancelled and she told me how much cash they lost by not being there for a week and not selling goodies , it was quite a bit I must say !!!
I don't care who is / isn't there , we still go to get out of the house for a few hours !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum