made some sausage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

made some sausage

Post  soil on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:29 pm

i've never done any of my own processing other than dehydrating deer into jerky.  my wifes uncle gave me some jalepeno cheddar sausage that he made himself last year and it was the best i'd ever had from anywhere.  so i made arrangements to bring some venison with me this year and join him and a couple of his buddies in making some sausage.  we did 40 lbs of straight venison burger for a couple of them.  then we did 40 venison/pork bratwurst links for a couple of them.  and we finished with somewhere in the neighborhood of 90 two-pound rolls of venison/pork sausage.  it was a good time!  it wasn't nearly as much work as i was expecting, but they've got a big commercial grinder/mixer and had a nice stuffer as well.  he has a little shed where he has a stainless steel table with a big cutting board and where he keeps his big electric smoker. 

soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: made some sausage

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Did I ever mention I LOVE SAUSAGE !!!!! Looks good !! We never did sausage but I have been thinking about it. I did make sausage from the bear I shot , but the mix called for equal amounts of pork and bear meat , I only did 1/3 pork & 2/3 bear. I always hear how greasy bear meat is , which is why I cut back on pork. That and I thought I want to taste the bear meat also !! It actually came out good but it was a little on the dry side.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:54 am

That looked like  a great way to spend the day,   He has  Quite the set up  there ,
 If you  need to  get ride of any of the  Jalepeno/ cheese stick's, I will more then happy to send you  our address Wink

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountainman Vic on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:32 am

That looks pretty good Josh. I do quite a bite of home processing but never did any like that. We are going to be making some summer sausage and sweet bologna in a few weeks as well as curing a few hams and bacons.

Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum