I swear our deer hate this camera

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I swear our deer hate this camera

Post  bowGal on Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:21 pm

As you all know  I   bought   2  Covert Illuminators last year,   And I have ran flash camera's for many  year's , but  our buck's hate this camera, Set it up in the yard last night,  and actually this was the first  I have ever ran it in video mode, Deer(doe's and small  buck's) seem to be ok with it in daylight hour's in the area's I have ran it, but  it keep's showing me  how much they  hate  it   no matter where it is set up  during  night time hours , Have not had time to upload the  clips from last night   on a few young bucks reactions to it  for it being set up in this area for the first time,, I actually did not even know until last night this camera took colored night time video, Embarassed  there was no  audio , which  I did not like,
 Just curious if any of you  have every noticed   how  some deer will just not except certain camera's?

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: I swear our deer hate this camera

Post  Boss Gobbler on Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Maybe it flashes too bright. I have always had a decent amount of deer that hate my cameras. It doesnt matter which cam I use, once they figure out its there they avoid it. I have some deer that could care less and some that turn inside out over cams.
Boss Gobbler
Hole In Horn
Hole In Horn

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:57 pm

The only problem I see is some deer will see the red glow when a picture is taken. They seem to get used too it after a week or so. As far as a regular flash , well that all but sends them running to the next county !!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:02 pm

i definitely saw problems when i had the old 35mm flash cameras.  they took great night pics but about every other one the deer was in a "darting to get away" position.  i'd rather have a blurry black and white pic or vid that the deer will tolerate than a cam that takes good pics but they may avoid it.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Willy on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:16 pm

what i noticed with the flash cameras , some are better than others about not spooking deer. It is the flash type , The last cuddebacks i had , cant remember the model , they spooked deer like crazy. The flash would make a loud Pop sound when it went off . it wasnt the flash , it was the sound. it was barley noticable to me but it freaked out the deer. At the same time i had some Moultrie IR cameras, no flash, but they had the same effect on the deer. those cameras made a " clunk" when the IR filter would activate. Again barley noticeable to me but the deer hated it.  
I think if you were to set up that Illiminator in the house and you get close to it and have the cat or Larry trip it , your going to hear it.
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:58 pm

I   never  have seen deer skirt any flash camera like they do this one,   They hate it even if it is not turned on, , Never have I  had a  problem with  the   reveal's or older cudde flash cam's  I  use to run, scratch scratch I always run them in the house Wily and  I never hear any sounds when they go off

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:52 pm

I m  shaking my head now. went to pull that card this afternoon, now  that camera is set in video mode night before  all  captures were  in video, todays card pull   all captures were still photo's scratch Not one  video clip, and I did not  change the settings

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top