Here goes!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Here goes!

Post  chukbuk on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:57 am

Well it's March and a really exciting first time project begins for my wife and I!  3 years ago when we moved in to our home we agreed that as soon as our daughter graduated from college, we would tear out the kitchen and start from scratch.  With no more tuition to pay we figured we could finally afford the first new kitchen in our 30 years together!
      The plan started out moderately with a simple layout change and put all our money into quality cabinets and counters.  Well, we hooked up with a great designer and the ideas started flowing.   The plan now includes an addition and complete gut-job of the kitchen dining area of our house!  
     With the excitement comes the realization that most all my time will be focused on getting it done in time to hunt in the fall.  Just prepping you-all for boring stories of the project for a while and more pics of my backyard deer!  I'll have to live off your scouting and hunting adventures until I'm done...i promised to stay on the job at least until the actual kitchen part is functional!  All I need now is some thawing weather so I can start digging!  
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Re: Here goes!

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:51 pm

Best of luck on the renovation,  hopefully it will go smooth for ya.
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  soil on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:41 pm

I enjoy stuff like this when someone else is doing it!  Post up the pics throughout the process. Sounds like you guys are gonna do it up right!
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Willy on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:03 pm

good luck!  I just went through complete gutting and remodling 2 bathrooms, Kitchen is next. After the hell of doing the bathrooms im getting at least a year off before starting the Kitchen.
Willy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:29 am

Good luck, hope it goes well for you and you get er done before the season starts this fall!

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:25 pm

Met with the cabinet designer the other day and nearly have the final plans complete.  She's got some great ideas that include a rustic hammered white oak unit next to the kitchen fireplace and pantry doors of the same that will be double barn style doors that roll open on tracks.  I'm excited...seems compromising with my wife paid off.  I agreed on a painted farmhouse look for the main kitchen cabinetry and she ok'd the rustic white oak stuff.  
      Going to be a dream kitchen for us!  Got a rough estimate just for cabinets, fixtures and tops.  Let's just say I could buy a lot of mountain land if I could have that money! Shocked   Wisdom tells me if she has her kitchen, more great meals will come and I'll b able to hunt whenever I want to!  
       Stay tuned....pics when I have something to show!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:55 pm

Gotta love the price of custom stuff !!! Tina and I played around 2 years ago , getting prices for our kitchen. She had a few ideas , one was with the cabinets , bar and table made out of black walnut and the tops made of granite. She also wants one of those glass rooms built so we have room for more than 5 or 6 at the tables. We got the estimated price ( with us providing the black walnut ) and she about flipped the freak out Very Happy !!! Then the guy says " that doesn't even include the 12x20 glass room " and then she about came unglued !!!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:59 pm

You had me at kitchen fireplace.  Then you mentioned rolling barn pantry doors and I'm intrieged! 
Is this fireplace more a visual thing or are we talking about full functional brick oven fire place?  
Either way I can just imagine sitting there sipping your morning coffee together watching the deer in front of your fireplace!!
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:36 am

With the island gone, the area will become a casual seating area alongside of the kitchen!  " />Rick walnut would be beautiful!  No balking for my wife....she's been patiently waiting years for this one and is willing to shell out the $!  Like I said, I figure happy = hunting (and other benefits...maybe).  

The fireplace is the only thing to remain in the current kitchen/dining area Shedder!  Here's a pic...

Last edited by chukbuk on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:08 am

We met with the kitchen designer on Sunday and gave a deposit for the order!  Remember that mountain land I said I could buy?  Add a cabin to it!  The faucet cost more than my Hoyt Matrix!
      Anyway, going to be beautiful...classic farmhouse look!  Digging footers for the addition next week I hope...still need a little more thawing.
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:57 pm

Funny you say about faucets !! I had just replaced one in the kitchen and my sons girlfriend was here when I said the price. She said " that's expensive for a faucet" , then I said no its not. That's a cheaper model from Moen !!!!!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum