Jim Shockey

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jim Shockey

Post  chukbuk on Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:47 pm

Hey I'm a recent member of Jim Shockey's FB page.  He posts some neat things from time to time and today he posted a picture of his garage.  He had a pic of a large shelving unit built out of rough lumber that was full of all of the various hunting DVDs he produced over the years.  The pic was a plug to let people know that he had plenty in stock.  I was really surprised that he handled and personally sold his DVDs!  
     His daughter Eva also posts good stuff on her FB page regularly.  Not trying to steer people away from here but if your on FB anyway...
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Re: Jim Shockey

Post  soil on Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Always been a shockey fan. Seems like a good guy.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:44 am

His main outfitting lodge and whitetail area where he got started is right across the road from us, we hunt his lease sometimes but generally try to avoid the are as his guys hit it really hard.  We have quite a few friends who have worked for him or with him and nobody has anything bad to say. I would bet good money he hasn't shipped a DVD himself in a long time though, but I could be wrong, lol. He is a master of PR and makes some good video, like his WT stuff, but all his recent international stuff doesn't do much for me.

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:56 am

Good point about the PR, Crew....got me!  Me either....the safari hunting is not my style!  Enough must like it to make the productions worth it!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:04 pm

He is a smart man , as is his daughter. I don't think Jim knew just how much money could be made from selling merchandise Very Happy !! I don't really care for the international stuff that much , but sometimes its nice to see something other than a deer hunt. I will say that I love his bear hunts !!
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:58 am

I've been following Jim's progress as he travels through security and checkpoints on his way through Africa to get to his hunting area.  He's been posting pics on FB and describing the journey.  Holy mackerel it's an awful lot of trouble and risk just for a hunt, I'd rather spend all that time in the woods on our continent!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa. Bowhunter on Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:57 am

I know some of the spots I would never , never , never ever try to hunt !!! On his new show , his partner didn't go on the one hunt, which I wouldn't blame him. Not sure if it was Iraq , iran or where but there is a war going on.
Pa. Bowhunter
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum