Friday the 13th was a great day for me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Friday the 13th was a great day for me

Post  bowGal on Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:38 pm

Finally picked upped one side of  Brutus,  I could not believe it tho,  The last  two year's  I have only been  blessed  to pick up his right side,  And that is the one   I so hope and pray I can find this year,  But today for the first   I  picked up his  left side ,

What is pretty cool tho is   this side was not   20yard's from where I found his other side last year , I am just thankful I went over there today because it could of been seen from the road., And I  was just  there 2 days ago,  He has not been captured on any camera's since the last time  I posted  it, He head's north every year-

Left that area and went across the road, to the north side,  I was dying when I saw this,

That is one side of the  buck I call the  Freak,  but it is laying in my deer killing neighbors   field not far off  the fence line, No  I do not  tresspass, Just told Larry about it  and  he said do you think you can snag it it with a fishing pole, Oh hell yes, I can, I have never taken a fishing pole   shed hunting before but  you can bet  I will have on  with me tomorrow,  lol! I am going to   get that darn shed,  Well  I might  just  put this task on  Alex, and hide behind a bush in case the nieghor see's us- but  this should be  a blast,,
 Found 2 more small ones

I actually left this one on the ground, Alex is bringing his girlfriend with him tomorrow , and  do not know if  she has every found a shed,  so I thought it  would  be  fun to see if she can find it,Of course I am going to send her and  Alex in to this area and he will know  I  left it out there  just for her, Wink Hopefully it will  keep her  excited about  shed hunting because  where we are going  is brutal  walking for  any first timer.
 I guess I should of left her this one, easy picking   in  Bob's back CRP,
 Then  I pull  the one and only camera card I have over there and  capture this,

Now  I have no idea who this is, but  I have captured that Ranger goin up and down that road many of time's, on the camera   I set up during the summer month's , to capture  illegal   shit my  nieghbor  does, It will be sunday before  I  can get with  our lease owner to see if he let some one in there,

Nikon
Hoyt Element
I love my whitetails and big ole ugly Jellyhead's
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Friday the 13th was a great day for me

Post  soil on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:34 pm

glad to see that side from brutus!  hope you can match him up.
soil
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather on Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:08 pm

Congrats on the first half of Brutus! Good luck matching him up!
Godfather
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Maniac Outdoors on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:54 am

Way to go, Now hopefully you can find the other side.
Maniac Outdoors
Admin
Admin

http://usahuntingpros.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:41 am

Glad to see you found Brutus!! Hoping you find his match this year! Get yourself a weighted treble hook and you'll be golden fishing for that freak shed!
You could try something like this...I googled tree stand retrieval tool.
http://danstefoutdoors.com/articles/cool-tool-for-tree-stand-hunters/
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:56 am

lol!  The  freak's  shed is now  recovered. lol   only got a minute to  post  this morning, but also did  get camera confirmation,  Brutus has  shed both side's Wink
 Oh and the   guy on the ranger is our lease owner's  son,  they came over sunday, and we also got some great new's

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  chukbuk on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:45 am

Good reading, so we are anxious to hear how many casts it took!
chukbuk
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  MEhunter on Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:33 am

Congrats on picking up the one side and good luck with the other!!

MEhunter
St. Louis
St. Louis

Back to top Go down

Post  shedder on Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:47 am

You keep that 13th good luck a flowing!!  Awesome to hear on all fronts!!!  I wonder what good news could mean when talking to your lease owner???
shedder
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bowGal on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:00 pm

shedder wrote:You keep that 13th good luck a flowing!!  Awesome to hear on all fronts!!!  I wonder what good news could mean when talking to your lease owner???
 Matt,   me  and my lease owner have had some  very  dear  heart to heart talks, since we have leased his ground,  His health is   failing,  he  just about gave up on  life, when his wife passed away a year ago this past  Jan, This winter was really hard on him,  and he  could hardly get around, He only has one son, and he lives in  Canada,, Larry  and I  have  spent alot of time with him  since we started leasing from him, And he was worried   his son would just  sell  the place if  something happened to him,  And he told me that  would totally break his heart, ( There is  a little conflict   there between  father and son),
 I cooked  a couple  of  meals up again for   Bobby last week ( one was his favorite A big ole  juicey steak dinner), and took them over  last thrusday, When I got there I saw there was  a  car with Missouri plates on it, and did not  see his   SUV,  the farm  hand  came  out, So I was talking to him, and he said  his son was in town and   took  Bobby to the doctor, and they still were not back yet, That go me  very  worried, Our lease owner does not  hear very well, so  I usually just drive over to his house instead of calling,
 Larry and I  both have met his son a few time's, but he  always seemed somewhat   cold toward's us,-  Any way to make  along  story short,
  They came over  sunday  because his son wanted  to   Thank us, for all we do for his dad,, And his  dad  wanted to give me  a hug, for that  yummy steak, His  son  I think as finally realized  how much   we love and respect  his  dad, 
Steve( the son) started talking to Larry , and said  he wanted to know if  Larry would   do  some  skid  steer  work on the farm, , He even offered  to  buy the skid steer attachement's Larry would need , He want's to  redo and clear some  of the  CRP area's and  put in more    clover /and greens on that  80 acre' side,
 For  future  cutting's for his dad's cattle.
 Then he asked me about  trail camera's, and he want's me to  start  running  them on another  farm of his dad for him.
  He  told us how  his   dad  truly   Loves and respect's  us,   as hunter's and leaser's,
  It was just  an awesome   afternoon.   I spent more time  with Bobby, talking  about his health , and he wanted me to look at his leg, He  even   had tear's in his eye's  knowing that he his son , was finally  starting to show more interest in  the  Farm,,  He was a little heart broken when his son left/ and chose  to  live  a  life in   the business world ,
 LOl  I am tired of typing,  but  Also his son did tell us  he would like to  try archery hunting for the first time in his life

Nikon
Hoyt Element
bowGal
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCReW on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:54 pm

Congrats on the sheds Barb!  Too bad about the ranger you spotted...

TheCReW
Super Booner!!
Super Booner!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum